Oh where, oh where has the Cucumber been?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dear ESF,

As you may have noticed, I've been very absent lately. Those who have access to me on a more private level already know:

I've been promoted at work, and that meant 60 hour work weeks for about a month. It also meant a lot of additional time preparing for the test to get promoted.

There wasn't much time for anything else, so I apologize for the unannounced vacation. Thanks to all of those who were concerned by my absence, you know who you are.

In addition, my side business is growing, at times uncomfortably fast, and it has been demanding more time from me as well.

There is also my personal pet project, which has been languishing under lack of TLC, and I really need to start putting more time in it. To all of those who helped in any way with Critical Strike Press, thank you so very much.

That being said, it appears things are going to stay busy for a while, but I may be able to sneak back now and again to see what's going on, though I can no longer be as involved in ESF as I was in the past. I have been spending more and more time with my wife and kid, as well as needing more and more down time from the pressures of my new position.

So is it goodbye? Hardly. But if you don't see me around for a while, don't be alarmed, send me a PM and I'll try to get back to you asap.

Its been fun ESF, thanks for all the cookies.

Best Regards,
Cucumba/DiebytheSword

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Glad to hear you're doing well financially in this horrible economy.

And Cuc, if you ever need anyone to take over your forum responsibilities, you know I'm your guy. (kidding. But really though, I wish you continued success in your work, nice to see you drop by)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great to see you again, Cuc!

Congratulations on your promotion, man. I'm glad to hear that you're doing well during this horrible economy crisis and most importantly, able to spend more time with your family. :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congrats man. When time comes, everyone needs to grow into a new thing a little. Some for good and some for bad. It seems your happiness is expanding. Atleast you got to witness the ground breaking Mod that bloomed into a flower.

Have fun in life! I am sure you will be back to post a few good pictures and meet up with the ESF Community again.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet, so you did end up getting the promotion. Congrats!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Glad to see you and your family are doing OK :)

Best of luck with those projects and the promotion.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Glad to hear things are going pretty damn good overall :) Good thing we have more than enough admins here though :p

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HE LIVES! My life is now back to normal. I assumed we had lost you to X-Box Live.

Congratz, on the possible promotion?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did get the promotion. After six years in the same position I jumped up pretty high in on shot. It was good to see that people from the department I left were so alarmed about me leaving that my promotion was discussed in a meeting with the CEO of the company. The department I was promoted to was also glad to see that I lived up to the hype that preceeded me. So, things are good! Its nice to be appreciated at work, something I find is far and few between sometimes.

As for doing good in a bad economy, my company did not escape unscathed and lots of good people were laid off. I was nearly laid off twice. Things got ugly for a while, but thankfully I made it through.

Its been nearly a decade with this message board, and I'm not sorry for most of it ;)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Glad that in the end you ended up getting a promotion instead of being laid off.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do at the moment?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quality Control Inspector. Part of my job is measuring parts down to the ten thousandths (sometimes hundreds of thousandths) of an inch and match them up against a print. Color matching on labels used in final product. Accepting and rejecting stock and writing up suppliers that are found to be non-conforming. Every piece of raw material that comes through the plant must pass by my desk now. I even have my own lab with cool toys like an optical comparator, microscope and a rockwell hardness tester.

Previously I was the production trainer for my shift, which meant I was in charge of OSHA compliance concerning maching training, developing training programs for machines, and administrating training in my department. I was responsible for keeping training records and retraining individuals when they were not doing their jobs right. I was also the go to guy because I was pretty much required to know everything. The sad part was, I wasn't getting paid much more than the people I was regulating. I was getting near the maximum you could in that position, and I had to get out sooner or later. When the promotion chance came up I leapt for it because my current wage is just below the bottom end of my new position. So now I'm paid the minimum, and I have plenty of room to advance. I actually lost a little money going to the new department, but my first raise will give it back and them some.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep the dream alive green one.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Always good to see the green homeboy stop in.

Mein Fuhrer!

good to hear from you again man.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As always, it's nice to see you stopping by, chief!

I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you, career-wise, and it's good to hear that you're keeping busy. I hope your family life is going well!

It's unfortunate that you won't have the same amount of time to stop by here, but it shouldn't be a priority in the face of your family and your career, of course. Stop by whenever you can :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom