Oh... My... God... Disaster

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It’s all true; The Sims is the best-selling PC game of all time. But what you don’t often hear is how much better it has sold than any other PC game. Here the numbers tell the story; even compared to something as overwhelmingly popular as Diablo II, The Sims outsold it nearly two to one. It’s a classic story of huge publisher risk reaping incomparable financial reward – while the scope of its victory may be surprising, it’s hard to contest that The Sims deserves it.
What... Why... How... noes...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The formula has become old and has lost it's touch.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Number 1: The Sims came with orders of computers from some companies. I got a copy with my laptop for free.

Number 2: Games like Starcraft, diablo, UT and such fit only specific gamers where the Sims was something that pretty much everyone can play and enjoy.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's so bad about that? I actually enjoyed Sims.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is kind of obvious.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's so bad about that? I actually enjoyed Sims.
I don't think anything is wrong with it, it just can't keep me playing for more than an hour.

Things start to get repetitive rather more quickly than expected.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess it's not enough that Diablo 2 was in the top ten, let alone in second place (assuming that's what Mr. Lukyas is freaking out about).

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's like being mad because little kids made Pixar rich with Toy Story.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked Toy Story.

And The Sims.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason why this is a disaster is because of what The Sims represents. These people aren't buying a game that lets them pretend them are a space marine, a military general, a great political figure, or a magical wizard... these games represent people who are purchasing video games that allow them to take time out of their daily lives to pretend they are different people doing daily tasks to start different families and furnish different houses. There is more immediate gratification in The Sims than there is in taking the spare time to study and improve yourself, or acquire a better job in the real world, but the wasted time is all that much more obviously wasted when it is being used to better the life of an avatar who represents an everyday human being in a reasonably realistic world.

At least that's how I always saw The Sims.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Sims is a great game. I won't say it's a fantastic game, but it's up there. Tons of fun to play, especially with (most of) the expansions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cares, i doubt that anyone even played it.

On a further note as well, Sims sucks donkey balls.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Sims is a great game. I won't say it's a fantastic game, but it's up there. Tons of fun to play, especially with (most of) the expansions.
True. My sister had the cheek to create our entire family in game. Heck, I never played Diablo 2 but I'm sure it's a good game. The Sims just appeals to most people, not just gamers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom