Offline Server/Game.

Best answers
I Am relatively new to ESF and I was wondering why some settings won't change when I create an offline server/game.

It always seems to be in teams. I prefer FFA Fighting style and couldn't figure out why the game resets all the values.

I am currently using the 1.2.3 version of the game, I have steam and all the requirements installed as well.

I used the search button and couldn't find anything helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

navoca1ne

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
What settings are you referring to?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gamemode not changing? Enter in your console "mp_gamemode 0" and start another server and it should swap to FFA.

Best answers
Thank you very much.

Also, When browsing these forums I noticed the mod called big pack. Would you mind supplying me a link to download that as well please. Filefront server doesnt seem to work.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Ah, the game modes, sorry about that. Aren't all the settings saved in server.cfg?

Best answers
I looked in the cfg and couldn't find that setting. Seems like I have to change the settings manually.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I looked in the cfg and couldn't find that setting. Seems like I have to change the settings manually.
If it is not within server.cfg, add the game mode cvar command there. So the server uses the settings everytime it creates a server.

Best answers
It seems like that cfg file basically gets ignored by the game. I entered the command there and still won't work. I mainly play this at LAN(We all have our own steam accounts) and I want to know what to do if my friends have problems hosting etc.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems like that cfg file basically gets ignored by the game. I entered the command there and still won't work. I mainly play this at LAN(We all have our own steam accounts) and I want to know what to do if my friends have problems hosting etc.
Its quite simple.

First what you should do is not listen to what Skyrider said ^^

Then go to the ESF directory. Find the file named game.cfg

Once you found the file you should delete it.

After the file is deleted you will be able to swich game modes from within the game normally at server startup.

As for the Big Pack. Read through this -> http://www.corona-bytes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=9378&sid=c3a959500349edc1e607747c83626acf

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Its quite simple.

First what you should do is not listen to what Skyrider said ^^

Then go to the ESF directory. Find the file named game.cfg

Once you found the file you should delete it.

After the file is deleted you will be able to swich game modes from within the game normally at server startup.

As for the Big Pack. Read through this -> http://www.corona-bytes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=9378&sid=c3a959500349edc1e607747c83626acf
Yea, I was wrong once again today, hehe. server.cfg is mostly only used for online dedicated servers. listen.cfg should be the lan file you need.

Best answers
Thanks again. It seems to be working fine now. I just need to find RC2 somewhere now because the link in corona to RC2 says that the file doesn't exist. Can someone please link me to another RC2 somewhere please?

Thanks again all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom