Official Summer Jobs Thread

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering this thread has turned into a "What job do you have?", you haven't dragged this off topic.

Unless you're extremely strapped for cash, there is no reason not to enjoy what you are doing. Even if you have to make something up, it makes the job that much easier.

I'm not sure what you were getting at with the "you're excused i'm used to people trying to act smart" (which is kind of ironic...) comment, but as a former telemarketer, I only know what I've experienced. People don't like being called about advertisements, and they have no problem letting you know how they feel. They don't say "Please, sir, I would greatly appreciate it if you would put me on whatever list I need to be on so that you'll never call me again." As I said before, they use a plethora or overabundance of colorful words.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
They don't say "Please, sir, I would greatly appreciate it if you would put me on whatever list I need to be on so that you'll never call me again." As I said before, they use a plethora or overabundance of colorful words.
Most of the people I called as a market phone person were fairly polite about wanting me to **** off.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guess it must be a location thing -_-.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Well excuse me, Mr. High-class telemarketer <_<.

Since when are jobs not supposed to be fun?
Because usually you want the job you like ?

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Considering this thread has turned into a "What job do you have?", you haven't dragged this off topic.

Unless you're extremely strapped for cash, there is no reason not to enjoy what you are doing. Even if you have to make something up, it makes the job that much easier.

I'm not sure what you were getting at with the "you're excused i'm used to people trying to act smart" (which is kind of ironic...) comment, but as a former telemarketer, I only know what I've experienced. People don't like being called about advertisements, and they have no problem letting you know how they feel. They don't say "Please, sir, I would greatly appreciate it if you would put me on whatever list I need to be on so that you'll never call me again." As I said before, they use a plethora or overabundance of colorful words.
I'm a teenager obviously i need the money. Make something up? I don't even know where your going with this so ye...

By that comment i meant if you stopped trying to pretend you know everything and bother reading you'd realize we have two different jobs im not calling them and annoying them they are calling me so your experience is totally useless to me now isn't it?

Zeonix i've said this before this thread is not about and his jobs so drop it i know the kind of person you are so i'll tell you what you can have the last word you can post after this and i won't reply to it and then we can both be happy.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I posted before Zeonix, I win!!
I had the last word bish! :eek:

In anycase, I personally think the job or more so career you partake in should be something you want to do. No point in being unhappy.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Had an interview at Zellers, which for non Canadians, is like a Walmart. I'm really banking on Golf Town though. I called my references, and apparently Golf Town contacted them on Friday, and I know they would both have left a glowing review. I think on Monday, if they havn't called yet I'm going to call them, and tell them I've received another job offer but that Golf Town is my preference to work, and see if I can speed up the process.

Golf town pays better than minimum wage, it's retail experience, I love golf, and apparently they get sick employee discounts. For example, Taylor Made is 40% below cost.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No point in being unhappy.
I couldn't agree more, and seeing as this thread isn't making people happy, and is also way off topic, I would request it be closed. Enjoy your jobs people and don't forget to have fun, it is the summer after all!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread is now the Official Summer Jobs Thread.

Well, I just got hired at Golf Town, which is a golf supplier store in Canada. I start at $8.50, which isn't bad, I guess. I think after a three month probation period my wage goes up.

I'm also working a second job at the same grocery store I've been working at for years. One more year's tuition to pay in the fall, so I gotta work two jobs to supplement that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom