Official melee suggestion thread

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got a better idea
The melee struggle will start anyway the coders see fit.
This also includes his idea for when struggleing.

When you are in a melee struggle you hold right click (And of course at the loss of ki)
if you let go of rihgt click you will try to break loose at the loss of 10 life.(And some ki)
Then you can recharge and then swoop back to attack.

Best answers
Basically in response to the melee dillema all i have to say is that people are complaining about simple things such as

when someone has the skill to teleport and kick u (you will loose the fight withought a doubt)

when a host has zero ping

or simply because of the fact that the melee takes away from the ki attacks

i really dont see what these peoples problems are but in interest of fairness perhapps meleeing should be thought through and modified to be perhaps more like a ki attack where it can be charged

in any case ESF is not my game and i will still play however this is altered if it even is at all

Best answers
At the moment the melee system is pretty good, but there is onething that really has bugged me. I can be beating someone so badly and then they pull of a lucky counter that knocks me out of balance. I feel that there should be some sort of throw move that a block cant counter.

This may not sound extremely thought out but still... in most beat em ups the throws cant be blocked which means people who only block still get beaten.
if you could do a move that grabbed some1 so they couldnt move then you could aim them and kick them in whatever direction you want, if you hold it for to long they break free then that would make some interesting play.
Basically any melee move that can only beat a block and thats it would be much appreciated, this means people who just block will be owned but block can still be used well.
I thought possibly if you swoop at someone blocking and you hold a differnt button, (i would personally bind it to mouse 3 but others use that for change weapon,) that could either slap someone off balance or throw them away, (ie pull up leg and smak balls-brolli can be so sweet sometimes) would be much appreciated.

Best answers
i just had an idea for melee
if you dont like current melee you might like this

what it could be is one button could be main
the other could be secondary

main:
you hold it down and when you got to a non-block you hit em twice and knock em away. if they block after you start attacking they just loose damage from the hits you got in. so it would be a punch, punch, smack kick

secondary:
for those annoying blockers like myself. this would be a grab and throw button. if theyre blocking they cant counter it but if they arent. the defender can just press secondary melee to push the attacker away. so it would be a grab and throw.

also if you went with this you should make boost not raise ur PL but make you real fast and stas X1.5

well just an idea post ur thoughts ^_^

*edit* sry for not ready post ahed of me. hehe...

Best answers
also if you went with this you should make boost not raise ur PL but make you real fast and stas X1.5
well, if you're talking about the turbo thingy, where you have the ki-wave flame type thingy around you, then only one of those things don't happen as far as i know. It does make you real fast, yes it does raise the power level, but it also makes all attacks MUCH stronger as well. but, i guess you could say that since it makes attacks stronger, technically it increases stats, just not health. not quite sure, but i love turbo.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe
Lol, sorry guys, i forgot about this thread. Give me acouple hours to read it :)
Good luck! i will not!:p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hah. Its been a while since I saw this Sticky.
Anyway. I got a new Suggestion for Melee...

1.) If Melee Struggles are to take place.
Then I would like to never see a lock-on because it is rediculous.
For the Fact. When the DBZ Characters Swoop at someone
their not stuck while doing it. I say that the Power up should
both increase your power level a bit, and your speed to that
of the original swoop. For more "Free Style" fighting.

2.) If my first idea is agreed upon. Their should be multiple
melee keys. (just 3 really).

Key 1: Holding Secondary Fire button while Dashing at your
Opponent initiates melee struggle with other opponent

Key 2: Initiates a Block Struggle with Opponent

Key 3: Bouncing Critical Hits is what I call this. But it should be
the type of attack that when your hit you quickly pull off a despuration
attack with kick/punch before getting thrown back from a melee
struggle.

Example: Kid Buu Swoop Kicks SSJ3 Gokou. Gokou does hand
stand and kicks Kid buu on the neck area while upside down. Then
quickly recovers before his fall.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well like i said i won't read the complete thread so if i just copied someones idea have the credit man!

My idea is plaine simple. You have a knockout meter. when you meleeing. If you hit someone let's say like 6 times the knockout meter is full and you're stunned for 3 seconds. At this time you can bounce your enemy around the map. Off course you can allways struggle to get out of knock down. And LCM would be fast melee like in the show and RCM would be chargable melee just like a ki attack the longer you charge the stronger the punch/kick. Well that's it.

Best answers
I posted something about counters somewhere...dont feel like looking. Ill say it again here :)

Make a counter "Key".
Give it a cool down period (Must wait 3-5 seconds before can be used again, to prevent people from constantly clicking it)
Now this is how it would work.

(Only really effective if swooped at because you dont know when someone will melee you if they are infront of you)
If the counter key is hit at the right time when someone melees you, you will grab their leg and swing them around and throw them, Or grab their arm and toss them (Depending on melee attack).
With the cool down period being used to prevent spamming i think it would be a nice easy addition.

NOTE!:This could still work even with PINGS.
Hit Counter, (You go into some kind of stance) 1-3 seconds you will automatically counter the melee, Then you must wait 3-5 or so seconds before it could be used again. (I think the time of 1-3 sec or so would make it easier for people with an average ping. ANYONE KNOW what i mean?

Best answers
As for melee struggles. When 2 players Melee eachother at about the same time they do what "Noone" said. but with a few changes.

*When person is at low enough health to kill with a melee hit, the struggle would end with one strong KICK to knock the person away and kill them.

*And the MOST important change, While they are in the struggle, Throwing those kicks and punches, They will teleport with eachother from place to place with no loss of Ki. Like if your watching you would see 2 people going at it, and then you would see the Tele remains and see them going at it somewhere else. This would happen like every 1-3 OR SO seconds... and it would look SUPER SWEET! when watching or participating.

I give this idea my Official SUPER* SWEET* award :)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
* senses a super ping and lagg award*
*Gives it to him*
"Congrats you probally made teh laggiest meele suggestion here"

This is kinda expanding on my pervious idea:
ITs should jsut be 2 people going into a meele struggle and going at it on that sopt.
what it does is you goe back and fourth (simulating blocking and attacking)(no damage is done)
Then you will keep doing this until
A) thers no ki left
B) you "abort"

ABORTING:
When you are in a meele struggle you will take no damage, but when you want to leave this si what happenes.
You click a abort button (assign one)
When you abbort you take no damage(you basically kick away, but it takes 1/2 of your ki that is left
The more ki that is left, the more you fall back.
EG:
You are in a melee struggle then you notice that you might loose.
You right click(or whatever) and say you have 1/2 ki
You will have 1/4 ki laft and you went back at least 50 ft.
SOME OTEHR INSTANCES:
IF 2 ppl go at each other with both of them useing right click, they will BOTH get a suker kick right in the face and be thrown back immedatly.

If a unsepectateing person gets rushed, teh pserson that was rushing does a stanarad meele that we have rihgt now.

If 2 ppl charge at each other WITH EACH other targeted (no right click)
Tehy will struggle

If 2 ppl charge at each other and one has right click, teh one with out rihgt click will take 5 damage and teh other will take 10.

Best answers
Sorry, but i like my expansion of the idea :)

*Edit* Due to recent complaints by an unnamed person, I am apologizing for the double posts. And am sorry for any inconviences I may have caused you all.

Best answers
I would of posted this in another Block Whore thread, but there wasn't one readily available.

This is quite a simple Idea that I would think everyone could agree on. There are two arguments that I have been listening to, and that is:
One, SSJ people should be kicked around by people of lower PL. And two, the block counter thing should be fixed.

Solution:

If a player of lower PL, goes to melee one of significantly higher PL and the High guy is blocking, he simply swats the attacker way, like he would a beam. The victim would take less damage then a normal melee assault on him.
If a player melees a player of equal PL then a block struggle starts. This works just like a Power struggle, and the winner will knock the opponent back a couple feet and stun him. This opens an opprotunity for the player to quickly charge the stun guy and send him flying into the wall. The above could also happen if two players melee each other at the same time.

IMHO this idea would silence people who are complaining of both the above two arguments.

Best answers
Here's an Idea. When to guys melee each other at the same time they do a melee powerstruggle, I mean they start kicking and punching each other and the one with the stronger energy knock out the his rival. Basicly it should work like the beam powerstroggle just by melee

Best answers
Look, Im really sorry if some 1 posted this alrdy but my suggestion is when 2 ppl lock on combos can be inflicted on the person and some combos end with a move kickin the other perosn back, basically a combo system suggestion... (ps im new here give me some mercy and dont kill me :D )

Best answers
maybe they just should put no countering in (1 sec of recovering from the block stance) and the attacker should lose his ki when he just keeps beating (he will get tired beating on the block)

and if you are in the block stance (just call it this way) you can teleport away so the attacker doesnt wait till you stop blocking and then while you are in the recovery time he beats you to 0

Best answers
i think thats a good idea to be able to teleport while blocking

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
How about when a person blocking a melee hit they get knocked back a bit. This would help a bit with the people that use the AOTW strategy(ART OF THE WUSSY) blocking all the time waiting for someone to hit them. If you think about it, if you can knock a guy across the level on direct hit you should be able to knock him back a few feet or so while there blocking.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
alright I was watching a dbz movie and so something cool as Gohan and brolli were duking it out, I don't care if you guys don't like it or not, I'm jsut wondering how this would come out

You can have another attack, where you swoop like in melee, but you grab the guy, and you are flying while holding him and he is in a way flying under you, you will engage in an automatic animation of them punching and kicking, and this is settled PS style, and the winner, if on botom, flips the guy over and throws him to the ground or to the side, the winner on top will just throw him straight down.

And if you are flying and you into the edge of the map, the two will be stopped, but the person who is in top steers the fight, so he can shoose to stay still or keep flying, but once he decides to stop, they cannot continue to settle the fight while flying.

crits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom