Official melee suggestion thread

Best answers
How bout when u knock an enemy down to the ground it really sux when u cant hit him cept for beams an stuff it would be cool imo

[*] that when your up close to an enemy that is knocked down on the ground instead of swooping u punch and kick him!!

[*]Or when ur up close to an opponent you either knock them away with right click or you get in a few punches and kicks b4 you knock them away
[*] Another idea is that lets say u get swooped at and block their hit, then instead of knocking them 5 miles away from you YOU GRAB HIM!!! and throw him into the ground fire millions of kiblasts in his face!!!

We need more melee into esf and these would help give more skill advantages and MUCH funner way to melee!!! and its really dumb that u cant do any real melee attacks its just move in super fast and kick ur enemy 8 miles away, either follow up with another attack (that usually never gets the chance becuz they fly too far back) or wait 10 seconds for them to get back up. So by instituting this new melee technique people will stop getting mad of being meleed then kiblobed to death and will have some actual punches and kicks along with the kick that knocks ur opponent a mile away. Do ya like this idea or what?

Best answers
i think should be like this:
when melee is selected, mouse 1 will be a "trigger" to start fighting, if you hold mouse 1 the movement controls turn into puchs and kicks like this:

W - hits the face
A - hits enemy's left
S - hits the stomach
D - hits enemy's right

the right button click will continue playing the enemy far, however it will be slower than the blows of the left button and if enemy takes a left button attack during his right button attack, he stops the action.
obviously, the "Q" will still work as block and may be used in the fight normally.

i just dont know well how it starts(the fight)

so what do you think?

Best answers
wen your speeding at the anemy you cant change your direction so wen he shoots a beam you cant evoit the beam. and this happends alot 2 me and i HATE it ;( . so i wonder ive you couldt change it .because the game wouldt be perfect ive you didt.

p.s i hope you understand what i meen

Best answers
you can avoid the beam by turning around and going the same way as the beam ya kno and plus has ne mods or teammembers looked at my idea to tell me if its *** or REALLY COOL!!! :)

Best answers
my only suggestion is to be able to kick and punch just like dragon modz thats the only other idea i had that wasnt takin by others

Best answers
soz i didnt see this thread, i put my ideas under melee idea, so i dont know how much of it has been said before, if it has sorry >_<

Best answers
glenn read my post thats basically what its all abouti think u should be able to give a few hits in b4 u knock them away and when u hit them theyre temporaily unable to move while u do ur combo on them:THINK ABOUT IT!!! Goku swoops in at Vegeta starts punching him 4 times then kicks him into the ground then vegeta gets up hits him in the face then follows up with a punch to the gut and kicks him into the wall and annhialtes him with a galick gun.THINK ABOUT IT. all u have to do is instead of pressing right click, when ur close enuff to ur opponent,u press left click(cuz i think u guys can do this if u got the chars to only do a knockback attack whenur close enuff then u can get it so u can do a normal punch or kick when u press left click) u start punching and kicking them a whole bunch!!!!, because the ONLY thing i see missing from esf is transformations, characters, and how melee needs to be improved AND THIS WOULD IMPROVE IT!!!!!

V'

Best answers
Melee is quite good inmo.The only thing that needs to be rethough it the blocking system.For one thing if a person is blocking and lets say he has 2.0 mil,and you have 4 mil,you should at least cause slow turing or slow relflexes for the other person.For example, in CS you slow down when shot by a powerful thing.I think this could be implanted with melee so it wont cause the block alholics to be supreme.

Best answers
imo it would be good to have right click do short quick attacks, and to hold it for a second or so to do a big hit across the map etc.

somebody also brought up a nice melee idea of having a ps in the form of tapping the left and right mouse buttons as quick as you can, to win the melee struggle. :) good stuff.

-also- for the above point, i feel that maybe health on both sides should drop slowly, and ki also, so that the struggle wouldnt go on forever :)

i would also like to see grapples in game, so if they both attack at the same time, it could go into either one of the two struggles, at random im guessing, so its either or

the grapple could be performed like the standard ps way with blocks and beams etc.

also have a knockout/stun thing so after somebody gets hit like 5 times in a row say, uninterrupted (ie it has to be a 5 hit combo for example) then they should get stunned for a 1/2 a second or so, enough for somebody whos practiced to get a big hit in and to hit them into the floor.

just a few points for melee, i dont know how many have been said before.. and cred to the melee struggle idea to u know who :)

Best answers
well i think this mele is far better than the bid for power one it quite original, sadly most people who watch DBZ and know that alot of the fighting is hand to hand which would of course be hard to pull off in esf so....
1 i think that left mouse should do a flurry of punches and right should do a flurry of kicks
2 to add a little varition when you press left or right mouse while holding a direction it would change the move eg pressing back and kick might do a round house, and forward and punch might slam them like you mele does. But you can only slam people when they are weak like dased after the hand to hand combat

so yeah i hope you read this and by the way i have talked to many a people about your esf and have come up with many changes and add ons that would make it totaly awsome if you would like to hear them email me at [email protected]

Best answers
right if you have read my post read this add on to it

well say 2 peopl are fighting and they both connected with a special hit like a slam hit, they enter a power struggle
1, they would grap hands with each other other and push against one another (you know what i mean) and it could use the same basis as the beam struggle but hands, and who ever wins will throw the opponent away like the mele now
2 (maybe) the other ps could be where they just enter a button bashing mode where the just click left or right mouse button
both people will take damage are fight will end with them breaking apart

maybe you could have 2 ps for mele??/

still just an idea

TeZ

Best answers
in my opinion, the streetfighter idea will not work due to ping limitations.

SEEKING CHARGE ATTACK
i reckon keep current method but when u L-click to charge u can hold it to charge at targetted player and autmatically attack

BLOCK LEADS TO STRUGGLE
if defending player blocks a struggle starts just like beam struggle, but with the bar divided into quarters. When you push the bar to your opponent's quarter they start to take damage to hewalth and Ki drains faster. When the struggle is over the loser is slammed.

SLAM FALLING PLAYER
also, after slamming someone, ive found that its hard to catch up, so while charginf u should be able to teleport while charging to appear in front of them and axehandle them back to the ground at massive Ki cost.
note - can only hit falling player with this once, limiting to a 2-hit slam combo.

Best answers
Ive read all the thread and there are some very good ideas. Most are good for another game not this one. You cant expect the fighting quality of a Street Fighter game in esf, the kind of fighting action for games that are fully dedicated for strong low kick or weak high attacks. The thing is meelee can be improved only so much, and it would be very hard to bring it up to the standards of other fighting games that are solely dedicated to fighting. Entering a melee struggle to start defending complicated punch kick combinations is not half-life. There are a great deal of improvements if you want to bring the fighting up so much. I find the current melee system very satisfying. Obviosly most disagree. Ive seen a lot of suggestions on how fighting could be done with combos and low defend and high defend.

What I think is that the fighting should not go any further than attacking and blocking. The only addition that I see necessary is the adjusting of the left click for a smaller much faster attack that does not send the player flying. However i do think that blocking should remain with the current health penalty, or should have a much bigger drain to the ki. Defending should be only so good. I like it how it is right now. This is what I think should be done with the melee:

When you swoop to a locked on target, and you get close enough it stops, and does not swoop any more in the direction of your locked on enemy. I dont know if this can be done, it probably isnt too hard, that at this point the left click (while aiming at the enemy in front of you) becomes the weak attack. When you finally end a swoop (you are in melee range) then you must press the primary again to perform the fast attack. So it is still the players's choice to either slam or weak attack.

This fast attack that will do a smaller damage than the secondary slam attack, but does not send the opponent flying, making it possible to connect many of these without interrupting your combo. I'd like to see this small attack as a flurry of punches or kicks (this is random), and ive heard of many who do. This small fast attack should inflict about 10 damage at an undefended target and 1 or maybe 2 when defended(the slam inflicts 3-4). This values are for people of similar pls. A person should be able to squeeze 2-3 fast attacks in 1 second or so.

This may seem like a bit too much, but remember you are open for a counter attack while you do this. A fast fight of attacking and defending, teleporting behind one's target, maybe getting in a couple of fast attacks before slamming the target, or maybe the opponent finally defends that slam, that leaves you open to attack, and suddenly he gets in a combo of his own. Whether you risk the fast attacks is your call, but fights wil still require fast reflexes and faster thinking, and that is very dragon ball style. Of course doing fast attacks and quickly defending should give the enemy less reaction time for countering.

If you properly dominate the movement of your character (after including the fast attack) the fights will resemble very much those seen in the show. Melee is not about standing still and pressing keys, its about moving constantly trying to avoid the others attacks and getting through his defense. If he stays put defending, (I hate that) you have to find a way to get him in the back or sides. The fighting right now is very balanced, and a fast attack would give you the ability to get in some extra damage and also look a lot better.

I trust the esf team to be able to maybe link up a slam after a fast attack to make it look more like a smooth flowing combo.
I hope at least part of my suggestion is taken into consideration.
Ive written a lot about very little, just a change in the left-mouse click when you are near an enemy, but what im trying to say is that maybe there is not a lot more that is needed. Certainly, there are some extra features and tweaks that are always nice, but I like it more like it is now, not too complicated and yet with a potential to give very fast paced fights. Its not about adding more and more but using what you are given.

Im open to suggestions and improvements to this fast attack system.

Best answers
well i have my idea posted just up a bit, i myself would love more move my idea isnt to drastic it keeps the lock on and swoop but has a range of direction plus left or right mouse button moves, but i was pondering this i realised that to many moves would just bog down the fighting and it could slow the fast pace ation of ESF, so i say that the idea above is bloody great kinda how i could picture it but what would be good (i dont know if you can but) maybe left mouse button should be a flurry of punches and right mouse button a flurry of kicks (flurry is cool when there hands and feet are like a blur) and make it so that right and left mouse button together do a slam of course the mele moves wouldnt work if you werent in hitting range and if you cant have a move assinged to right + left mouse maybe a near by key??

so yeah nice idea

Best answers
yeah well i suggested for the flurry attack to alternate randomly between punches and kicks because not all people have more than two mouse buttons, including me. Yeah sure maybe make the punches a little faster while the kicks would be a tad stronger and slower. It could very well work but i think even that is too much complexity. I think the game is about speed in fights, assigning two mouse keys to punch and kick is to my opinion somewhat of a waste of buttons since the difference between them would be so little. If the system were more complex and punches and kicks played different roles in the fight it would be worth it but I rate speed of fighting higher than complexity so I didnt suggest it myself.Still an excellent idea though. I guess its more a matter of opinion.
I dont think that pressing both mouse buttons would make for an adequate slam attack possibility.

Best answers
yeah i really didnt think that pressing both right and left mouse buttons would work, good if it could but i doubt it, but yeah your idea is still as close as it gets, maybe adding a mele PS or two somewhere would make for more intresting fighting. say to slams hit at the same time you could get into a PS like the ones i suggest above. With a little tweaks this would make for an awsome mele system

TeZ

Best answers
thats a good point raised there, how half life isnt a good hand-2-hand combat engine. Personally i like melee the way it is, its fun and can really psyche out opponents

at the moment after u target someone primary fire sends u cruisin thru the air. I think that holding down primary fire should bend your course towards your target automatically, making u a homing missile. Once you're within arm's reach of your opponent primary fire makes you go turbo and start punching and kicking traditional DBZ style, draining the ki pool rapidly and causing 10 damage per second. the victim's weapon will automatically switch to melee, where he can slam the attacker for half the usual damage or can punch/kick back. To simulate a DBZ battle where some punches miss and some hit both players would take 5 damage per second
because the combo is in turbo, Ki is drained quickly and the 1 on1 combo cant last too long
*Character level is irrelevant

what do u guys think? seems possible in the HL engine, just needs a model action of flailing arms and legs and gradual health drain, just like getting stuck in a Ki blob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom