Official melee suggestion thread

Best answers
Ok i think u shuld get rid of melee or get rid of that swoop thing, i was just playing in a server called #ESF folks and there was a guy called nb|ROoster and he was being a complete and utter backattacking, laming ***. I would help people and he would attack me while typing, i would be fighting with someone he would come and kick me in the back and throughout the whole time i was there he focused all his attention on me! just meleeing all the time, what a fag!

Best answers
Stop talking about stupid stuff and get back to the topic at hand
You want to talk dork to dork find another thread..

Melee Struggle + changes:
----------------------------------

If: Player 1 = dashing towards player 2,
Player 2 = standing still
Then: Do normal melee attack (like what you have now)

If: Player 1 = Dashing towards player 2,
Player 2 = Dashing towards player 1,
Then: Power struggle (1 or 2)
1) (majin vegeta and gokou fighting with their
energies going to Buu in ball)
The players lock hands, kick eachother.
Holding Primary fire = add ki to win struggle
If you win, you headbutt the other player, they
fly back.
2) (every single DBZ episode)
The players circle eachother (the camera stays
stationary) whilst punching and kicking furiously
Holding Primary fire = add ki to win struggle
If you win in air: You use both hands and smack
the other player to the ground.
If you win on ground: You drop kick the player back.
-- OR --
If: Player 1 = standing still
Player 2 = standing still
Then: (do one of the two suggestions above)

-----------------------------

Team games: "Saiyans cheek to cheek"

When in team games, like powerstruggles, two teammates
may combine an attack into one giant blast.

Two players approach eachother and hit a button,
a popup notifies you your teammate is trying to do a combo
attack with you.
When you see the message you hit the button and your
characters do similar attacks (based on the characters i.e.:
Vegeta and Gohan = Double Kamehameha (mirror eachother))
The attack is almost impossible to power stuggle againest but
can be blocked.

My two cents for this thread.
Love the mod, great work.. just keep working on it

Best answers
hey all, this is my idea:

Maybe people are saying for intense nerve breaking fights and such, Im found of melee battle and have a few ideas:

Limit Breaks: If you take damage from melee your limit bar will raise, the limit attacks will be unique to each char and can be done with any amount above none, The strenght of the attack will depend on your bar and higher the better, when the attack is done the bar will go to zero. The idea of this is to let the losing person get a good hit and do some damage before they die a painful death. The attack will be done by holding a key and pressing primary to unleash the powerful attack. I got a few ideas for some of the chars:

Piccolo: Powerful homing mouth blast that does not explode but shots thru.

Vegeta: Vegeta makes a ki ball in his hand and does a uppercut then does a kick.

Goku: Goku teleports and gives them a nice kick.(attack never missies)

-end

edit:changed vegeta a bit

Best answers
mabye there could be a limit bar and when you are melee'd the bar slowly fills up, but when you are hit with a beam attack it doesnt fill up, this gives the person that is being melee'd constantly a chance to fight back and go into a rage, so melee cant be constantly used, and the person that is constantly meleeing people is forced to use beams or he will be up to a person stronger than him, if he melees enough, this will happen....but hell, thats my opinion:]

Best answers
I think melee should be tuned alittle, Blocking...is errorful, Some people abuse it.

Melee powerstruggles should be simple, It should be locking hands, PL and KI should be taken into count, If you run out of Ki, you get thrown, If you hit turbo, you should push him down. simple and easy.

Best answers
me thinks melee is good as it now is but thats my opinion but who am I...

Best answers
For melee power struggles, There should be an ability to have a power sturggle with 3-4 people, Simply to save your teamate if nothing else.

First off, There will be a power sturggle bar as awlays, It will start in the middle, The bar will only have to be a slight way into your enemys to knock him away.

If you and your enemy keep the power bar in the middle, you will simply move towards the nearest rock/land mass, As the bar moves back and fourth you and you oppenent will switch places facing the land mass, if you hit a mass before the struggle is over, your oppent kicks you into it, causing more damage.

If your power sturggle bar moves into your own area, you begin slowly taking damage, 1-3 damage, If you run out of ki, you are kicked into the land mass, Or if you die from damage, Turbo can be turned on, It will automatically activite your opponents turbo, It can be a risky to do this, because he may have more Ki left then you.

If someone else trys to melee you they automatically are added into the fight, which will cause extra damage, Ki drain, A blast can kill the enemy fights from a teamate, which is also good.

Any other comments, or sugguestions please post.

Best answers
my idea ( i posted this in another thread below aswell )
i was thinking.
have 2 sections for melee. 1 the current swoop and 2 for another way. when u press "1" 2 times it will select the 2nd mode of melee. and mouse1 will be really fast punching and kicking and mouse 2 will be like a half sweep like a power shot. when u hold down 2 a meter will come up like when u r charging up a beam and the longer u hold mouse 2 the harder ur punch will be. when u let go of it u do a very short swoop and punch whatever comes in your way. also i think u should be able to move while u r blocking

also. i think u should still be able to use the fast punch and kick while blocking but the if u r hit while u r punching and blocking u will take more damage. for example. blocking with left hand, punching with right hand.

also. when u have swoop melee selected and u press right click next to some1 nothing should happen unless ur acually swooping.

this way it would look like a melee strugle but u would acually be controlling what is happening instead of just controlling a power strugle bar.

also 1 suggestion off topic. u know when u r charging up ur ki on ground and all the sand flies around. i think that should happen as well if u have turbo on and r on the ground.

Best answers
there is too much to read all so i suggest this even if its done b 4.

When u charge to melee someone depending on the direction u hit them from depends on if there is a melee struggle. If its from the front a melee struggle occurs if the person is holding block then a melee struggle occurs if they are not or its from a different direction eg behind then the person goes flying as tehy do now.

The melee struggle should work as the current struggles do with no or little damage being done as the struggle occurs but the winner finishes with a knock down moves thats more powerful than the normal melee hit since they worked towards it.

i believe this satifies your conditions. If u dont need low ping, there is no button tapping only hold the button as in normal struggles and i havent said melee is poo :p

Best answers
@ previous post

so basically blocking melee becomes pointless, and counter attacks are impossible. sorry this is not suggesting anything but i've been drinking and i thought i would point this out.

might come back and delete it later!

Best answers
Melee in the game is really cool. My idea would be to be able to grab the person from behind and hold him to get blasted by a team mate with the holder taking minimal damage. This would only work in team games.

In free fighting the player could grab the person and fly down and throw his opponent into the ground.

A time limit for holding would be the easiest way to control it. The time limit could depend on the strength of the character, eg the stronger the holder is the longer he can hold for, but I think it would be more fair for a all players to have the same holding time.

i am not sure if this would be possible, but I am sure some kind of compromise could be find.

Best answers
Originally posted by Petros
Melee in the game is really cool. My idea would be to be able to grab the person from behind and hold him to get blasted by a team mate with the holder taking minimal damage. This would only work in team games.

In free fighting the player could grab the person and fly down and throw his opponent into the ground.

A time limit for holding would be the easiest way to control it. The time limit could depend on the strength of the character, eg the stronger the holder is the longer he can hold for, but I think it would be more fair for a all players to have the same holding time.

i am not sure if this would be possible, but I am sure some kind of compromise could be find.
i think its a GR8 idea!! i loved it when goku grabbed radditz. im for it!!

Best answers
the point of blocking is to get into a struggle the one who is stornger wins, the way it would be unless u catch them off gaurd eg from behind or the side, if u want to avoid it then there is a teleport button.

Maybe a different kind of block button? <--but that doesnt seem right

Best answers
sorry for this but read my sepeate thread on melee, Melee struggles

Best answers
I actually think the melee should be "charged" like beams, but not nearly as long. I mean, it kinda sucks to just tap a button and get slammed halfway across the map. In DBZ, sure you see hooks and jabs that knock opponents a quarter-mile away, but you also see some squared punches to the jaw that DON'T send people flying faster than a damn jumbo jet. Flame me if you want, but this is a suggestions thread and I suggested something.

Also, if this has been suggested before, I apologize. I didn't read through the entire thread, only the first page.

Best answers
Well for every one that wants just normal melee instead of slams i think i got a way to add it in.

First and for most add a button that targets some one for melee, im sick of acidentally selecting the wrong person the swooping off twards them.

Ok ill start on my melee idea, in melee, have left click be swoop if some one is target or ur not close to them, and have it be a barage of kicks and punches if ur close to the person or dont have any one targeted. Right click should stay as it is (slam)

Ok when u swoop to some one and slam them, and they block, it should stay just the way it is. When u swoop to some one and start the barage of kicks/punches, and they block it should push them back about 50feet, and push u back about 50 feet too. If some one is next to you and punching, niether of you should be able to slam until 1/2 a second after both people have stopped punching.

In terms of melee strugles, i think these should only happen when people slam each other within 1/2 a second of each other, or when two people are swooping at each other.

That is my idea, hope some one thinks its good, and btw im not sure how the 1/2 second thing would work with like 100+ ping....

Jk

Best answers
Well lesse, definetly the usual sweep and hit should be as it is, if only one player sweep to attack. A melee struggle should howewer be iniated either if both of the players sweep and collide with eachother or if both are simply standing close to eachother and pushing right mouse button while in melee mode.

The struggle itself would work like normal beam struggling, ev hold left and ki will drain into fighting power. Turbo would help along with the usual higher pl = higher chance of winning. Altough if someone is more than double your pl you will have a little chance of winning, unless you are playing a team deathmatch (more on that coming up).

I think you should be able to team up with teammates in ms, for example imagine fighting a powerhouse with 20 mil pl and you got around 9 or so. Teaming up with another teammate that has 9 would make a total of 18 and you would stand a fighting chance against the powerhouse. I know this could easily be abused by people to beat up on low powerd ones though but its really up to the players how they use it.

Also i think while struggling that as long as you have the struggle bar in the middle neither are winning and only ki is draining. If the Bar swings in someone`s favor the favored should be pushing back the other while the one losing will start to lose hp along with ki. Either the losing one will only have an animation of blocking/dazed or a slow kick/punch animation.

Finally if someone does win the winner will do an attack that sends the loser back like the normal swoop attack. I know it aint much new to the fray but its what i can think of right now.

Best answers
Well I just had a new melee move idea....

It could be similar to swoop, but instead of swooping to hit the person u teleport (yea i know u can do this your self but just hear me out)

You would target the person same as normal mellee is now, and you would use right click to atack just as you do now, the difference would be in the effect of the atack, and how you would get to your target. When you have the person selected and left click, you would disapear witht he teleport sound, and then would apear next to the target. There would be a time between when you disapeared and when u reached your target, the closer your are the less time. Ok now about the actualy hit, instead of slamming them like you do when u swoop, you would pull a very fast combo (would take aprox. .5 seconds, just enough for your to see an animation). The player who is hit by this combo will not fly back like when your slammed, but rather just get pushed back and stunned for like 1 second (depending on difference in pwr lvl). This combo would do about 70% the damage of a slam.

And on another note, i think when u block a slam, or swoop at each other a melee strugle should always start (unless one person has a far greater pl) The winner of the mellee strugle should slam the other aponent away, about 1/2 as far as a normal slam, but do the same amount of dmg.

Also for mellee strugles i think there should be a stamina bar. The stamina bar would only be used for melee strugles. It could run out rather fast so that the mellee strugle would not last that long. The stamina bar should recharge at a much slower rate than your ki pool. The reason i dont think mellee strugles should use the normal ki pool, is because after a long mellee strugles both fighters will be completelly vulnerable...

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Joe?anything interesting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom