Official Diablo 3 thread

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Genius. Makes no sense, but Genius nonetheless.

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
While We Waited for Diablo III was pretty funny, especially the bit about Duke Nukem. I had almost forgotten just how long ago Lord of Destruction had come out.

As for the math genius? I'm convinced that he either works for Blizzard or has an inside contact. Regardless, it is a rather amusing mathematical formula.

Why dig up a 4 year old thread when we had a perfectly good new one
The Diablo franchise is centered around various forms of resurrection, so reviving this old thread seems rather fitting don't you think?:laff:

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I find funny is many "old school players" as they like to call themselves, are saying they won't get this game, because it's been made "casual".

Not quite sure if they actually played Diablo II. Diablo 1 was surely a hard game, no denying that, required some dedicating to it.

However, the world record for getting to LV.99 is 2 days, with the average playing taking 4 days.

There's 180 skills per class, versus 30 per class in Diablo II. You can put like 4 skills on your hot bar at once...instead of 2, like Diablo II...they removed potions and made enemies tougher and capped it @ 4 players whom literally have to work together to win, unlike potting like a mad man in Diablo II.

So when I see these "old school" players, complaining the game is made for casuals, I'm quite confused. The only thing removed...is stat points...and everyone in Diablo 1 & 2 eventually just followed the same build, if you didn't, you were gimped and useless.

Hardcore is made even more Hardcore this time around, as you have no potions, and the Hardcore RMAH will be separated from the normal RMAH, so items will be more expensive and even rarer. Now if your friend forgets to heal you...ouch. There are enemies they've shown that in Hardcore Inferno mode can one hit kill you, if you're not prepared...this is throughout the game.

So I'm confused as to how it is more casual.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Most of the old school players have no idea what Diablo 3 currently looks like. They probably know nothing about inferno mode, even less people know about the major revamp on the rune system. The truth is Diablo 3 is made for all gamers, they also plan on going to consoles.

Btw there is about 25 skills per class and for every skill there is 5 different ways you can change that skill, then we have our passives...

You have 4 keyboard plus 2 mouse buttons for your skills, there is also a potion button with a somewhat long cool down.

For everyone who thinks Diablo 3 is "casual" please watch this...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4443593/You_Will_Die_We_Promise-2_9_2012#blog

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I included the passive.

So 30 skills each class, with runes, each one can be changed into 6 different skills, hence 180 skills per class. Sure, some may debate that, but I call that 180 skills per class.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube_share;ApgJ-dzzZXc]http://youtu.be/ApgJ-dzzZXc[/video]

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;JWywyhkO2J8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWywyhkO2J8[/video]

Doing the honors because I really like this dude.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blizzard just sent out a **** load of invites like, an hour ago. I got in!

Did anyone else?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hah.

Some people I know would be pissed. They were complaining about how Blizzard was being a bunch of *******s, making the beta so hard to get into and exclusive and "Disrespecting their fanbase"

Then they announced that a few hundred thousand invites just went out. Hilarious.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I got into the MoP beta yesterday, but not the D3 beta! Would rather want that! I want to play through the first levels of every class so that I can make up my mind on what will be my starting class! :D

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube_share;iVPakGBUKEQ]http://youtu.be/iVPakGBUKEQ?hd=1[/video]

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think they're going to stop inviting people, so might as well keep your download of the beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom