Off-topic posts not being counted?.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Out of curiousty, why is it that posts in the off-topic section not added in your post count?. Is it set that way or is it some sought of bug that can't be resolved?.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is, most certainly, not a bug. Each forum section (including sub-sections like Anime/Manga and Tech Bench) has a setting that allows post counts to increment there. For Off-Topic, that incrementation is disabled - it always has been. Generally, the idea was to increment the post count when people posted in areas more relevant to the core purpose of this forum (ie: ESF), not to mention that Off-Topic was quite spammy for some time. At this point in time, I, personally, believe it's still not a bad idea to leave the post count static, there, as I can see people wanting to create utterly pointless threads in order to get their post counts up (don't think it's too far-fetched, either; it's been done).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
It is, most certainly, not a bug. Each forum section (including sub-sections like Anime/Manga and Tech Bench) has a setting that allows post counts to increment there. For Off-Topic, that incrementation is disabled - it always has been. Generally, the idea was to increment the post count when people posted in areas more relevant to the core purpose of this forum (ie: ESF), not to mention that Off-Topic was quite spammy for some time. At this point in time, I, personally, believe it's still not a bad idea to leave the post count static, there, as I can see people wanting to create utterly pointless threads in order to get their post counts up (don't think it's too far-fetched, either; it's been done).
I guess that answers my question. This thread can be closed now since my intial question was answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom