Oddity in a Normal Half-Life Level

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Heres an oddity I found in C4A1 map if no one has found it yet (some might have already).

I remember ppl talking in the old ESF forums (I did not post since then) about loading certain normal half-life levels in Earth Special Forces a few years ago (might've been back in around 2002/2003) where they loaded a single player (maybe?). Well, thats what I just did to access the final level and found an oddity.

If y'all haven't seen it yet, I suggest seeing it. theres two glowing thingies. Hope y'all find it funny.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those yellow particles are meant to show something to mappers, models passing through brushes I think. I wonder why it's like that for ESF and not HL though, the player size should change but not the map itself o_O

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mmmmm, Zen actually would make a pretty good ESF level :p

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Heres yet another oddity, though not as odd. XD

Notice I'm not even flying? Well, this definitely shows something about the scaled model. This was taken at level C1A2. Anymore y'all find, feel free to post them as screenshots. Oh yeah, if you try C0A0, its very glitchy (meaning you're trapped). Thats all I have for now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's due to the hullfile, related to the model scaling as you said. If you compile an ESF map with the HL settings it assumes the player model (Goku) to be the size of Gordon Freeman, so you walk off the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom