Oddest problem ever

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got my new computer and it doesn't seem to like ESF or CS very well. I honestly cannot describe the problem very well, but I'll try.

I get around 10 fps, my ping doesn't read what it should (It's at 0 half of the time), I fly across the map in mere seconds (not swoop, fly), it's extremely choppy and my controls do not respond. I have a demo that shows all of this

http://files.filefront.com/weirdnessdem/;4610176;;/fileinfo.html

I think it's worth it to note that this only happens half of the time I start ESF or CS up. The other half of the time, it's perfectly fine. I get 200 - 400 FPS and everything works fine.

Anyway, I'd appreciate some help as I'm just clueless...

EDIT: It appears to be for Half-Life 1 also. I just reinstalled to see if that did the trick and started HL1 up. You guys know the tram ride in the beggining of the game? Yeah, I finished that ride in mere seconds. It just flew by.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you gotta update your drivers?

Most likely it, since its your 'new pc'

And you ARE running openGL, right?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm running open GL and everything driverwise is updated. My videocards are SLI Geforce GT7800 btw.

I've had the PC for a while now, coming close to a month. And yes, I have had this problem all along.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
200-400fps?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Your computer is too advanced for the game that's why, it's hl1, so it's very crappy, if you have another computer that's a bit worse than that one, rather use it, beccause the avg player I think has fps of 60... wow, I wish I had a computer like yours.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm... I remebr you get on X24400 setup. There was a patch released not too long back by microsoft & amd that fixes some known issues with windows and dual core chips. Head over to AMD's website & get microsoft's dual core patch too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go to task manager, click processes, right click on the program, and set Affinity to just one of the processors. Also, do what Saiyan_Overlord suggested.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welp, lets just say that I have a less than legal version of XP. I can't install either patch without Service Pack 2 and setting affinity to just one processor doesn't fix the problem.

If I was to borrow my friends Windows XP CD, would it allow me to register and download service pack 2, even though it's already installed on a different computer?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got SP2 before microsoft put on their legal advantage crap. Just get someone to burn a sp2 installer for you, i'm sure someone will have the sp2 installer.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So if I do that, it will install even if i don't have a legal version of xp or a legal cd key?

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright guys enough illegal talk.

Sub: Just go out and buy a copy of XP and your problem will be solved.

*Closed*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom