Odd question, but how to fix a TV?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I was playing KH2, decided to take a breka and watch some Foster's, when my TV blinks a few times (off and on) and now it doesnt play sound or change channels.

It's blinked a lot over the past year, but this time it just kind of stopped working right. All thats happening is it wont change channels or play sound :\

Anyone got a suggestion?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe take it to an trained professional and have it fixed?. An average person messing with the insides of a tv with not atleat electroics experience can be dangerous and you could end up doing more damage to the tv.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are tens of thousands of volts of stored energy in a TV, do not attempt to dissasemble it unless you know what you are doing with electronics.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Cucumba said:
There are tens of thousands of volts of stored energy in a TV, do not attempt to dissasemble it unless you know what you are doing with electronics.
True, you have to wait a while for a TV to "discharge" itself, same goes for a CRT PC monitor.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Yeah, I was playing KH2, decided to take a breka and watch some Foster's, when my TV blinks a few times (off and on) and now it doesnt play sound or change channels.

It's blinked a lot over the past year, but this time it just kind of stopped working right. All thats happening is it wont change channels or play sound :\

Anyone got a suggestion?
Get a new T.V.

Best answers
How old is the thing, you shouldn't even fix it if it is 15 years old like my older T.V. It just caught on fire one day. We were gonna fix it, but its pointless if it's 15 years old. And definately dont take that thing apart, like everyone else said, TV's store tons of energy, you take it apart and you are asking for a nice shock... perhaps minor electrocution.

So I'd take it up to an electronics repair shop to get an estimate. If the estimate is more than a new TV, than dont repair it... same goes if it is old 8-10+ years old is pushing it. They should give you a free estimate/evaluation, but if you decide to repair it, make sure the repair men tell you if the price will increase... perhaps by a hundred dollars (looks at me Blaster Carb).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This does this to my TV alot. Check the cables and stuff. It's usally that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, swift, I said, "No way a cable could do this"

My dad unplugged and plugged it back in and now its fixed -_-

Mod can close this. and you better have a cool ass closing line D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom