OCZ's Revolutionary SSD.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.guru3d.com/article/ocz-ibis-ssd-review/
OCZ introduced a new product line that is set to move and shake the ground a little more. The OCZ IBIS is a 3.5" Solid State Disk that is available in several volume sizes: 100, 160, 240, 360, 480, 720 and even a 960GB are available.

But what is so special about it you might ask? Well several things really. If we take the product we test today as example, the 240GB IBIS then OCZ placed four SSD partitions tied to several multi-channel SandForce controllers inside the SSD casing. OCZ then applies RAID 0 to the four SSD partitions thanks to a Silicon Image RAID controller.

The OCZ IBIS as tested today will pass 700 MB/sec in both read and write performance. It is so fast that it is nearly sickening.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;96dWOEa4Djs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96dWOEa4Djs[/video]

Can't remember who showed me this video awhile ago but yea. I don't think these cost as much anymore.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And it will only cost you your testicles to buy it!
Hahah ...lol :D
But it's true. It will take a while for SSD's to be available for all "mortals".
Although the speed is impressive.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, seen that video before, but we're talking about one SSD here. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Technically it's 4 :p . While that performance looks nice, it'S completely wasted in any kind of consumer pc, where it really shines is database servers and such. For regular PC a "normal" SSD will be more than enough.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought we shouldn't defrag an SSD? But damn, SSDs are good.

Best answers
If you wait till next quarter (Mid-Jan I think) you'll have the SF2000 Controller which will be optimized for PCI-E and SATA 6Gbps based SSDs. Supposedly they can achieve 500mbs read and write.

It will also be a lot cheaper and current gen SSDs should have a nice price crash :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom