Best answers
watched his inageuration speech.

i'm behind him.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
White, black, yellow, red who cares what color he is.

The main point is will he do good or will he **** up.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The guy knows how to make a speach.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone says hes a great speaker, but I don't know. I don't think hes that great compared to the other "great speakers in history". Watch a JFK speech and then watch an Obama Speech, JFK's are a lot better imo

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's charismatic, but not a great speaker. Anyone notice that he bungled the oath more than once?

Ribbing aside, Obama is the President of my America now, and I am behind him 100%. When and if he fails, I will simply not offer my vote for him in 2012.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a good attitude to have.

edit: Obama didn't mess up the oath, the person administering it switched the words up.

Best answers
Indeed, the guy administering also messed up the words. I can also imagine Obama being a bit nervous when doing the singly most important oath of your life in front of a crowd that is roughly 1/5th of the population of Belgium.

Also, while he isn't the greatest speaker in the history of speeches (and excuse me for saying this, but Hitler is still the greatest speaker known to mankind), his speech did contain all the critical points and all the expectation he has to fulfil.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DiebytheSword said:
He's charismatic, but not a great speaker. Anyone notice that he bungled the oath more than once?

Ribbing aside, Obama is the President of my America now, and I am behind him 100%. When and if he fails, I will simply not offer my vote for him in 2012.
on the flip side, if and when he succeeds and keeps his promises, will he have gained a vote in 2012?

G
Another Dem/Rep president? Man, more significant things are happening, DoW II demo came out today for Soulstormers!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL the election just HAD to come round in 2012 XD

Well i say its about time a black man became president in a country thats supposed to be about equality of all races. XD

Now lets just hope he can do something about Americas recession problem and stopping some unnecesairy wars started by a certain other president.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**** yeah, go Obama!

I'm so happy Bush is finally out. Now we have to pray that Obama doesn't get assassinated. Not to sound like a homo, but it's really quite a shame that we have people who want to kill him just because he's black.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anyone else catch a glimpse of Clinton (male) napping during the poetry reading?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There will always be people trying to kill other people. It's a fact of life. Obama knows it and I'm sure the Secret Service will keep him safe. The last assassinated president was Kennedy and that was only because he decided to go for a ride in a topless car in broad daylight, with tall buildings on either side. And he was a liked president.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DiebytheSword said:
You would not even say a word if so many people were in front of you waiting for a speech.

I'd say that he did allright.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd pee myself from nervousness. He's the first black president. Give him a break, he's under a lot of pressure haha.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Spunky said:
There will always be people trying to kill other people. It's a fact of life. Obama knows it and I'm sure the Secret Service will keep him safe. The last assassinated president was Kennedy and that was only because he decided to go for a ride in a topless car in broad daylight, with tall buildings on either side. And he was a liked president.
Quote of the year.

The end.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Numerous conspiracy theories with JFK though, I dont rule them out, but I'm sure many of you do.

He isn't the best speaker ever, but his speech was extremely relevant to the times. It was well thought out and had a message for everybody in the world, not just America, which is what I feel previous great speakers haven't always accomplished. He is inspirational in all senses of the word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom