Obama Won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I'm pretty sure if you guys are aware that Obama might get assassinated, the Secret Service is too. They aren't stupid. They know how to protect a president after JFK.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Where do you live?
I live in Ohio. Obama won Ohio...so im obviously not the only person in the state to vote for Obama, I don't know why I'm being singled out...my family is just very closed minded and more racist than I had originally thought. I thought the mild racism that existed in my family was funny before, but now it's just disgusting. My aunt just texted me saying "thanks, now the whole ****ing country is going to go downhill".

[edit]

oh btw, Obama is speaking now and he is behind what I'm pretty sure is bullet proof glass.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure if you guys are aware that Obama might get assassinated, the Secret Service is too. They aren't stupid. They know how to protect a president after JFK.
If you follow conspiracy theories, they helped him get shot in the first place. Depends how much "CHANGE!" Obama wants to bring about, I guess.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's not fight fire with fire.

You can deem J-Dude's response as immature if you want, but don't start attacking him, personally. I know that sentiment and spirits are running quite high right now, and it's bound to cause a few conflicts in here, but keep your tempers in check, gentlemen.
Hmm, normally I'd agree, however, sometimes fire is fought with fire!
In order to stop it progressing by cutting off from it's "food supply".

Anyway, I'd like to congratulate America
So far, compared to republicans, democrats have always done a better job!
Economical wise anyway..

I live in Ohio. Obama won Ohio...so im obviously not the only person in the state to vote for Obama, I don't know why I'm being singled out...my family is just very closed minded and more racist than I had originally thought. I thought the mild racism that existed in my family was funny before, but now it's just disgusting. My aunt just texted me saying "thanks, now the whole ****ing country is going to go downhill".

[edit]

oh btw, Obama is speaking now and he is behind what I'm pretty sure is bullet proof glass.
Try to explain your choice..
Close minded people sometimes listen to their kids ^_^

Weird though, that family members would get upset with eachother over political preference

Last edited:
Best answers
I am glad that a democrat is in the oval office instead of a republican. Congrats to Obama on his 'Land Slide' win.

Everyone has been saying that Obama will be assassinated. It is hard to say, because homeland security and the secret service are so private that no one knows how much they prepare for things like this. I found this video pretty interesting. Its about the KKK and how they said that Obama was going to be Assassinated if he was elected.

ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/377721/

That said, however, Obama has two things that Bobby Kennedy didn’t have. For one, he is protected by the Secret Service - one of the major things to come out of that 1968 assassination was Secret Service protection for presidential candidates. Obama has had federal protection since May of 2007 - the earliest any presidential candidate have received protection since the law was passed (although Clinton had it already, since she was a former First Lady). Secondly, I will bet you anything that he has a whole slew of people in addition to the federal agents who are looking out for his safety. I would posit that Obama himself, with his campaign managers, have considered this very topic in great depth, and that they are taking measures to protect him in every way possible. The world we live in today is very different from the 60:s (the two Kennedy assassinations), or even the 80:s (attempts on Reagan’s life), and it would be a lot harder to carry out an assassination today that it was then. I hope, anyway…

Last edited:
The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, normally I'd agree, however, sometimes fire is fought with fire!
In order to stop it progressing by cutting off from it's "food supply".
Perhaps that's the case sometimes, but it isn't and won't be the case here.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too late, it's already been done. To be fair, I believe you have to opt into the program.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
i refuse to refer to that man as president. I'm reffering to him for the next four years (or until he's assassinated) as senator.

Well, nice knowing you boys. We're all dead.
That's so cute.

even though obama lost texas and my vote counted for crap here I'm still glad homeboy won.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woah, wtf? You won't be able to opt out? That's ****ed up. Anyways, it's hilarious that Warren ragged on Americans for not knowing who the leaders of other countries were, yet it's an American that brought it to his attention that his government is about to censor the 'net.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh dear no more cp for me I guess.

Anyway enjoy your country.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I guess I'm the only person not following the elections? :p

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess I'm the only person not following the elections? :p
Probably, but it's cool. It will be an interesting four years, to say the least. As will work tomorrow with as heated as everyone was today.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grats to the States for getting Obama elected. All that's left is to see whether he actually carries through with any of the stuff he proposed. The debates don't cover petty things like "issues," so I'm not even sure what he plans on doing with your hideous wreck of a foreign policy. I would assume three more years of Iraq are in store though... I certainly haven't heard anything to the contrary.

As usual though, it's two steps forward and one step back. Some fairly regressive ballot measures have passed on the issue of gay marriage. Arkansas voted to not allow gay couples to adopt, and Arizona and Florida have both voted to ban gay marriage, with California poised to do the same. So while you're patting yourselves on the back for electing a man of colour, keep in mind that several states just made the conscious decision to deny gay people their right to marry.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/ballot.measures/

And tough **** about your cp, warren. After electing a left-leaning PM last year, you think they wouldn't be so quick to start censoring the internet.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally some hope for a better world. I just hope that he doesnt get killed by a f*****g racist sniper. I have a feeling that beginning of a long prosperety will begin soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom