Nov. 13, 2005 - Eddie Guerrero has passed away.

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I'm not into wrestling, but still, that sucks man. Just goes to show how booze can mess up your life.

R.I.P. Eddie.

So for your own safety, everytime you have alot of booze, think of what coul dhappend to you. Then send it all to me for safe desposal ;p.

God damn these news are sad. Seriously.
I used to watch WWE a couple of years back, and if I recall correctly, he was one of my favorites.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God Bless his family, and it's truly terrible to loose such a great athelete and showman.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's freaky is he died here in Minneapolis x.x RIP to a good showmanm though I've never been a wrestling fan.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah man. He was practically in the prime of his career. Damn shame man. It's weird--I actually feel this death like it was a person close to me. But I am one of those people who truly appreciates what the wrestlers do for us night after night, so I guess it makes sense.

Once at a house show, I saw Eddie as he was leaving the ring, pick up a little kid a few seats down from me, along the aisle. The kid was REALLY young, and he was crying. Eddie picked him up from his mother and smiled at him and said some stuff, then gave the kid back to his mother over the railing. I asked the lady what happened, and she said that Eddie saw the kid crying and the mother explained that the boy thought Eddie had been really hurt during his match (he lost...BAD). So he stopped and let the kid know he was alright.

What was weird, is while on the IGN boards for SDvR'06 earlier, I saw another dude tell this exact same story--we either were both there, or it was something he did all the time.

I don't imagine we'll be seeing Chavo's terrible gimmick anymore, at least. Maybe they will finally give Chavo a push. It's a shame. Eddie was one of the best of all time, if you ask me. I heard Howard Stern disrespecting him on the radio earlier...it was really annoying (I hate Stern anyway). It's like...it doesn't matter what you think of WWE, show some respect, a guy died FFS, and even beyond that, he probably died because of some relation to the fact that every week for the entertainment of others he broke his body into oblivion just to make a crowd have a good show. Have a little decency, you know?

Raw and Smackdown this week are both Eddie Guerrero Tribute episodes. So get your tissue boxes ready.

Best answers
If I was him I wouldve killed myself long ago, it was embarresing what he was doing, or what the the company was making him do.

Hes dead, it sucks to hear anyone has passed, but everyone forgets a week later except people who actully knew him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not really, i still feel bad that davey boy smith is dead =[

anyway, i havent been able to watch WWE for a while, what was he doing that was so terrible? o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They gave him a heel angle where he was actually Rey Mysterio's son Dominic's real father, that on one of his binges he got it on with some girl and the boy got dumped on him, and Rey and his wife couldn't get pregnant, so he gave up the baby to Rey's family. It really wasn't that bad.

The company doesn't "make" them do anything they don't agree to. Stephanie McMahon does a lot of the storyline supervision and they make it a point to get the wrestlers involved now, because of people like the Rock, Mankind, and Stone Cold who rocketed the company to new heights with their input on their characters.She even mentioned this briefly during her talk last night on Raw, actually.

Besides, you forget that the man released a tell-all book about his life; all they did was work it into their story. When they are doing the story portion of wrestling you ought to consider them actors--almost none of them is acting even remotely similar to their actual selves. I don't see you going, "Jason Biggs, man if I were him I would have killed myself a long time ago, they made him do embarassing things." Anybody that's been in any sort of stage performance can tell you that when it comes to pleasing an audience you'll make a jerk out of yourself and then some--partially to please the crowd, and you might also be aware that it won't bother you as the performer to do even the most ridiculous of things, because after you leave the stage (or the ring) you're not that character anymore.

I was wondering how long before "He's dead, so what" style posts started to rear their ugly heads in this thread. For a brief moment I almost forgot what forum I was dealing with.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahh, the good ol' Wrestling tradition.... dying young.

It's a shame, and terrible for his family, but he brought it on himself.

KyoKusanagi

K
I don't think its fair to say that he brought it upon himself.

Sure he made bad decisions in his life in regards to the alcohol and drug addictions but to be clean for 4 years only to have this happen...doesn't seem fair on him or his family and close friends.

Best answers
I don't know if anyone knows but they got the autopsy results back last monday or tuesday. He died of heart failure. They had Smackdown and Raw have tribute episodes for him and i gotta admit, when I seen all of those wrestlers cry, i broke out into tears. It is really a sad thing. Im not sure if anyone seen it but like i said, he died of heart failure. Its all at www.wwe.com

Best answers
its really weird and sad when i heard about it. when i was going to school and i was on the bus my friend said he was dead and almost every guy on the bus thought it was a joke or something like jay-z retiring. its not right.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His death has had an impact on my life, he was my favorite wrestler . . . after all, I am part of la Raza homes!

At any rate, any of you playing through SDvR2k6 in season mode on the smackdown side will get a nice eerie cooincidence when you face Taker in a casket match, (who Eddie was using thanks to a certain stolen Urn) Taker chokeslams Eddie into the casket at the end and Taz comments:

Rest in Peace Eddie . . .

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah Cuc, that was REALLY odd. I was playing through as Carlito, and it freaked me out.

Best answers
I was looking through the YTMND's and I found this. It's actually sad if you think about it, and it still brings a tear to my eye. For some reason, this song reminds me of the end of the world, or some terrible tragedy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yep, Dave Jones passed about 2 years ago... hes one of my all time favorites, along with Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hacksaw is alive and well, having appeared on Raw not too long ago, and being on the ballot to compete at Taboo Tuesday.

Best answers
Yeah, thats what I thought. He was one of the 3 that were supposed to team up with Eugene. But it turned out to be Jimmy Snuka.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe jimmy snuka is awsome... i have a video of him fighting ted debiassi(sp?) the million dollar man.

jeeze, im really showing my age eh? i even remember the twin towers, the heart foundation, lex luthor, tatanka, ultimate warrior, yokozuma....

>_____<

i didnt mean to say jim was dead btw, i should have worded myself a bit better. sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom