Not appearing on steam?

Best answers
Hi, I dont know if anyone else has this problem, but does anyone else have a problem with ESF not even showing up on steam? I need some help....thanks.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it installed into steam? Can you play it by just clicking on the shortcut? If yes to both- then what does it matter? If not, have you tried uninstalling and re-installing?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try this.

Close STEAM.
Go into the STEAM directory.
Delete the file called ClientRegistry.blob
Start STEAM.

Oh BTW are you installing ESF into Half Life.

Best answers
Grega said:
Oh BTW are you installing ESF into Half Life.
Yea when I installed ESF I didn't have Steam, but I installed steam and checked but didn't appear so mayyybe thats the problem. I just dont have the time to download esf again so I was hoping for a way around. SO I should try deleting that file?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That file is the file that tells STEAM how updeted it is. So basicly you force it to reupdate with deleting that. But i think your problem is that ESF isnt installed into STEAM. Since you ust copied it. It may be the cause but try deleting the file first. If that dosent work redownload ESF.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Allivan said:
Yea when I installed ESF I didn't have Steam, but I installed steam and checked but didn't appear so mayyybe thats the problem. I just dont have the time to download esf again so I was hoping for a way around. SO I should try deleting that file?
Delete the copied file, and install esf like you would normally only this time install into .../hl - So into the Half-life folder in steam.

Curious- if you've been watching the growth of ESF for 2-3 years like you say- how come you 1. don't already know this and 2. How did you play the game, no one uses WON anymore.

Best answers
I had ESF beta 1.00 on a disk for the longest time, and I always played it with bots and on Lan alot. I played it when it first came out also because there were a few test servers they had up and running. But at the time I had a really ****ty version of AOL so I stopped playing online since I couldn't keep up with everyone. I still have Modem now but its defenitely faster than the old one I had...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well, I'd say. Get steam, get ESF v1.2.3, and make a server and play offline with bots. Since the bots recently are a lot better, you will have a good challenge. And with the Super Bots (that are not stable honestly), you wouldn't win that easily.

Best answers
I deleted that file...but nothing. I my guess is....can I just copy-paste halflife folder into steam with everything in it? Or is installing it the only way to do it?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You cant just copy as it seems. You have to go for a fresh install.

Best answers
I'm having a problem. I installed Steam and when starts updating it takes a while and then it says "Steam.exe(main exception):Unable to load library Steam.dll".What should i do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom