Not all Christians and Muslims and Jews are Good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...and not all Satanists are bad.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2007-12-15-20-51-36

Granted, what little I know about Satanism comes from cartoons and movies, but I never figured them to be...nice. I always had this warped image of all Satanists that combined witchcraft and the Skull and Bones initiation, but it just goes to show you that not everything is as it seems. I'm sure the kid involved thought they were going to be sacrificing people every 3rd midnight, and was surprised to find how wrong he was.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
"to kill in the name of our unholy lord"

that's teen angst at its best.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Church of Satan... now there's something you don't read every day.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read the Satanic bible as a youth, and while I don't remember much, I remember a lot of it was about indulging in the things that most religions would rather you not indulge in.

Best answers
Oh, and when I call you goth because you wear spikes, yoiu are mad, yet you read the satanic bible? Lame!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman wears spikes?!

On topic, as I and a lot of you have read Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code", I'm sure you all know the original origins of Satanism, and that Satanists were originally merely people opposing the church and religions in general. The word "Satan" is not a word that means demon, or devil, it's Arabic (this fact is not from Dan Brown's book, but from older scientific magazines I had as a kid) and means "Opposer of God".

In Dan Brown's book, several highly regarded people are called "Satanists", and they can hardly be considered mean or evil by their time's standards. I believe the Catholic church at the time spread gossip and nonsense about them, and eventually a bunch of people decided to make books from their nonsense. From this, the modern term "Satanist" is derived.

I can't say for sure that this is true, but Dan Brown has stated several sources in his book, and claims that these things are in fact, true. Thought it'd be interesting to bring to the table.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but they believe in satan, so they aren't Atheists... they are Theists...

idiots =/

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just to play along, I wonder if God and Lucifer (not necessarily Satan) are both running the ship, instead of fighting over our souls.

Some literature display him as simply chaotic-good, and we're the people who become evil.

These people could be worshiping rogue spirits/demons, who've completely debunked the system, pretending to be Satan.

A Christian kid threatening a church of people (on some level) just worshiping the punishment of mankind's wrongs, is just another irony to chalk on the board.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Satan doesn't come from arabic it actually come from hebrew. There are a couple times in the what most of you guys call the "Old Testament" (I'm Jewish so it's the Torah for me) and in the prophets section satan is mentioned. No as the devil, but more like a human's evil inclination.

Satanism doesn't always have to do with worshiping satan either. Satanism has many pagan roots and backgrounds that also involve natural things such as witchcraft. Satanists are also big into the Norse gods and mythology as well.

Last but not least goth=/=satanist

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but they believe in satan, so they aren't Atheists... they are Theists...

idiots =/
"The Church of Satan is an organization for those who practice self-preservation as articulated in The Satanic Bible, written in 1969 by Anton Szandor LaVey.

It is described by its high priest as being a religion of anti-Christian atheists who do not actually believe in God, Satan, or an afterlife. Therefore, people should enjoy their current life and live it to the fullest."

It's a very common mistake to assume that Satanism is actually what it sounds like. Satanism is not the worship of Satan. It's basically just atheistic hedonism with a goofy "religious" hierarchy of priests and warlocks and such. Satan is, at most, an admired literary figure among them simply because the character opposes God (as they all claim to, in not believing in any gods). However he is only a character and a symbol to them. This system, I'm pretty sure, is generally more popular than the gothy ritualistic weird version where you actually believe in and praise Satan... which is what the kid probably assumed that Church was about.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's sad that anyone relates any religion or belief that isn't Christian, as evil and/or satanic.

It's just another example of us taking our own free will away.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Err, Lee, the "Satanists" were not believers in Satan, they opposed all which was religion. Like I said, the Catholic Church blamed said they worshipped the Devil, while in reality, they did not.

In truth, if what most of the Bibles say (relating to all great books, as "the bible" is the equivalent of saying "the great book") is self-contradictory. They say we have free will, but they also say we have to obey them to go to heaven - not to mention the fact that most Gods in most religions are near-omnipotent, not to mention omniscient, and by being so they technically set our futures the day they created Earth.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not all Satanists follow the Satanic Bible though, or the Church of Satan. In fact most black metal bands don't like Anton LaVey because he made Satanism into something that is more similar to Christianity in terms of being mainstream. To me black metal bands are the epitome of Satanists just to make that clear.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not all Satanists follow the Satanic Bible though, or the Church of Satan. In fact most black metal bands don't like Anton LaVey because he made Satanism into something that is more similar to Christianity in terms of being mainstream. To me black metal bands are the epitome of Satanists just to make that clear.
What do black metal bands preach?

Best answers
"iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"
"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
"eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
"uuuuuuuuuuuuu"

Stuff like that mostly.

(I think they try to imitate the sounds Lord Satan makes when he's in the bathroom)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate you Bolteh...

Look up some lyrics I guess or look on their websites too.
Here's some bands:
Behemoth
Immortal
Emperor
Gorgoroth
Dimmu Borgir
Mayhem

Best answers
I'm pretty sure those sounds they produce have a meaning, like you said.. Doesn't take away that they're just sounds for anyone that doesn't want to imagine the lyrics, though. You know, like those songs they play backwards and all you can hear is noisy chaos, but when somebody goes "hey, it sounds like ..." you -think- you can hear it too?

It's like seeing a drunk hobo standing at a streetcorner preaching about how nazi-germany is attacking again, but all you hear is "there's poop in my pants".

PS: before you start hating me even more for my personal opinions; I like the musical aspect of black metal, but then some guy comes in sounding like a girl with a slit throat.. Well it kinda stops there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was kidding I actually love you because you're a fellow mac user. I just hate when people only comment about the inability to understand what the singer is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom