Not able to play online!!! HELPPPPP!

Best answers
Hey guys, i am facing a big problem whenever i try to play Earth's Special Forces online...
I am using a valid copy of Half Life 1, Counter Strike 1.6 (My friend gave me the cd's and they are original ones) and i am also using Steam to play online... I am able to play Half Life 1 online using steam and even able to play Counter Strike 1.6 through steam, but the problem i whenever i try to play Earth's Special Forces online through Steam, I am only able to see one server and when i try to join that server it shows, "Kicked out only for Arg bla bla bla". I don't know what to do as i am new to these things...
The other problem is whenever i try to add someone using their ip address from the command box, it is disconnected.
Please help me guys... I am very iritated. I have been trying to play this game for over a week but i am just not able to!

Best answers
Just because your friend gave you the cd's doesn´t mean you can play online. Maybe your friend registered the key already to his account.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Your friend didn't register his CD Key to his account? You aren't even supposed to be using a CD to install. You simply register the cd key to Steam, and Steam downloads the files itself.

Do you mind actually posting the error msg you receive?

Last edited:
Best answers
yeah sure.. The name of the server is ImperiumESF (VAC) by PATAN. Its IP Address is : 201.212.0.105:27020
"You are disconnected from the server. Reason: Kicked: Only ppl from ARG CHL BRA PER PRY URY BOL are allowed".
This is the message i get when i try to connect to that server. I am not able to find any other server except this one...

Best answers
Means only Peoples form southamerica are allowed to join this server.

Where are you from?

Also:

I can find aroun 12 servers 9 with ecx or evm, 3 normal esf.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are not so many servers of ESF and the one you tried to connect has Country Kicker and only allows people from Argentina.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Yes, that server only allows people from South America.

You probably didn't install Half-Life on Steam properly. Did you install Half-Life by pressing "Games" at the top (where it has File, View, Games, Help) then pressing "Activate a product on Steam" ?

There are five dedicated North American servers, two European dedicated servers, and a few listen servers.

Best answers
when i click on games tab on steam, there is half life, counter strike and esf on the list. But when i click on 'Activate a product on Steam' they ask for a key. When i enter the key, it shows that the key is already in use.
I am from India, is there anyway i can get rid of this problem?

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Did you initially install Half-Life through "Activate a product on Steam"? Or did you install from the CD?

Best answers
it shows,

]version
Protocol version 47
Exe version 1.1.2.0(valve)
Exe build: 10:56:59 Oct 3 2005 (3266)

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
You can't play on steam with protocal version 47. Steam uses protocal 48.

The only way to play it on steam is if you install it from a valid cd key. You say the cd key is in used, that is unfortunate. You won't be able to play on steam unless you have one. I suggest buying a new Half-Life from the store, or purchasing Half-Life off of steam.

Best answers
so, if i buy a new half life, my esf will automatically updated, right? I tried playing esf from steam and i played it on 1 server, it was working fine.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
If you buy Half-Life, install it the way I previously told you. Then yes, it will work and you will be able to play on steam servers.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ren its not that he isnt using STEAM. Hes using it. A hack version STEAM HL patch.

WON = protocol 46

STEAM HAck = stuck on protocol 47

STEM = currently on protocol 48

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Btw, this how it should look like (mine Half-Life 1 version):

:)

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Ren its not that he isnt using STEAM. Hes using it. A hack version STEAM HL patch.

WON = protocol 46

STEAM HAck = stuck on protocol 47

STEM = currently on protocol 48
Well its not exactly in the steam network. What I'm assuming people do when they claim they're using steam with a pirated version is, they install the pirated version (which isn't steam) onto their computer. Go into steam, use the "Add non-steam game.." (which you can basically add anything, from programs to any random game) then claim they're using steam.

Even when official steam was on protocol 47, the pirated version people still couldn't connect to real steam because they cannot get authenticated. However, real steam people were able to connect to pirated servers. Now with the update to protocol 48, real steam cannot connect to pirated servers either.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AFAIK many non-Steamers already went on protocol 48.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom