Norton VS McCafe?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have Norton. I scanned everything and then have nothing.

I use the online virus checker on McCafe and I find tons of viruses that Norton could not pickup. My Norton is updated everyday with new virus definitions and I was wondering if I should switch to McCafe? The program itself costs 45 bucks somewhere.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use (payed for) both as anti-virus scanners but I prefer Norton's firewall. However if it's less secure then McAfee then it's switching time.

There's a little standalone virus scanner called 'Stinger' by McAfee, if that can pick up something your Norton can't, you may be having some problems.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have Mcafee and I never had problems. McAfee is great, the firewall isnt that bad either. Anyways, like dust said, if you're not picking up virus's that mcafee can, switch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are both awesome! They protect you by not letting you do ANYTHING :p -- I ditched them both once they became to "nazi" -- Now I use AVG *shrug*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used Mcafee, but for some reason I now have AVG, but i dunno which one is better, I'm happy with avg, it's free and get's updates everyday, BUT I also have f-secure and when I scanned with AVG it found nothing but f-secure found a trojan clicker and a few others, so I don't know, I keep both, double protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom