North Korea attacks South Korea

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/11/23/nkorea.skorea.military.fire/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1 said:
Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea fired artillery toward its tense western sea border with South Korea on Tuesday, injuring at least 14 South Korean military personnel and two civilians, the Yonhap news agency reported.

Four of the military personnel were seriously injured, Yonhap said.

At least 200 rounds of artillery hit an inhabited South Korean island after the North started firing about 2:30 p.m. local time, Yonhap said.

South Korea's military responded with 80 rounds of artillery and deployed fighter jets to counter the fire, the report said.

The South Korean army also raised its alert condition, the report said.

Images of plumes of smoke were quickly broadcast on Yonhap television from the island of Yeonpyeong, but it was not immediately clear what the artillery had hit.

The island has a total of about 1,300 residents, a fisherman who lives on the island told Yonhap.

Some residents started fleeing for the South Korean mainland, which is about 145 kilometers (90 miles) away. Other residents were seeking shelter at schools.

The South Korean government immediately called an emergency meeting of its security ministers.

The North Korean fire came as the South's military conducted routine drills in waters off the island, which is about 10 kilometers (6 miles) from the North.
I think the world would be better off if we either destroyed North Korea, or managed to completely block it from every other country on the planet.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. The whole country has been turned into religious zealots...not much we can do for people who DON'T WANT HELP.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well... We could always resort to.... the Nuke or the Czar Bomb (Or is it Tzar?)... but You know... Taking them out could start World War III....

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And it's just turrible for PR. Sure, South Korea would love us; but think of the rest of the world. Shaking their heads.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well... I don't think the whole world would shake their head. I think that we would have people backing us... but some people would want to get revenge and now that they see the Nuclear Door has opened, they will be ready.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At what point does Al Qaeda/Taliban reach out to North Korea and try to start World War III?

Well, with China on our side... it might actually be really short.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
China said they would help us defeat North Korea if **** went down. They're too much of a Wild card. Maybe the Korean God of Starcraft will die, and it can become a fun game again.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At what point does Al Qaeda/Taliban reach out to North Korea and try to start World War III?

Well, with China on our side... it might actually be really short.
Where did Al Qaeda/Taliban show up at?

But if you take down someone like that, You may see some hidden alliances.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what does that have to do with anything? Please don't turn this thread into a huge debate about the middle east and that type of nonsense.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its sad to say you have to just sit back and watch this.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Those islands are waaay the hell on North Korea's side.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the world would be better off if we either destroyed North Korea, or managed to completely block it from every other country on the planet.
If you see it that way, then I think the world would be better without US or Russia wich are the 2 top weapon sellers. Without them, most of 3th world countries, like Korea, Iran, India would not even have nuclear weapons.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you see it that way, then I think the world would be better without US or Russia wich are the 2 top weapon sellers. Without them, most of 3th world countries, like Korea, Iran, India would not even have nuclear weapons.

Wouldn't the real statement be " The world is better without humans? ". Though I have to say that US and Russia maybe the Top Sellers, but its the buyers who should be hated as well for their malicious intent to use these weapons. Would you blame the owner of a gun store for selling a gun to a man who robbed a bank or murdered his family with it?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wouldn't the real statement be " The world is better without humans? ". Though I have to say that US and Russia maybe the Top Sellers, but its the buyers who should be hated as well for their malicious intent to use these weapons. Would you blame the owner of a gun store for selling a gun to a man who robbed a bank or murdered his family with it?
okay, and then there's the part where the sane ones say, "well, in this case it's different when you're handing/selling weapons that can destroy other countries to people" because, well, let's face it, you're more responsible for a weapon like that instead of a pistol.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
okay, and then there's the part where the sane ones say, "well, in this case it's different when you're handing/selling weapons that can destroy other countries to people" because, well, let's face it, you're more responsible for a weapon like that instead of a pistol.
True but they are being sold in the intent of being used as Self-Defense from what I see, though I don't really pay much attention to that stuff anymore. There are so many weapons circulating that who is to say who isn't making them anymore.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
North Korea fired around 200 rounds, South Korea responded with 80, and scrambled F-16s. Is it an escalation of force by DPRK? Yes. Will anything more of this? Probably not. Does this call for the destruction of DPRK? Absolutely not. If that's a war you want to fight, feel free to enlist. I'm going to go ahead and say **** that, though. Worse comes to worst, North Korea wigs out and China takes care of it. It's their mutant baby; not ours. Our job is to make sure that baby stays in his crib.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wouldn't the real statement be " The world is better without humans? ".
Actually, I think the real statement would be: "The world is better without uneducated and ignorant humans who think money is all there is."

Though I have to say that US and Russia maybe the Top Sellers, but its the buyers who should be hated as well for their malicious intent to use these weapons. Would you blame the owner of a gun store for selling a gun to a man who robbed a bank or murdered his family with it?
I would blame both the seller and the owner indeed, and lets not forget that, later on, another seller, who is friend of the first seller, will blame the owner for possessing such weapons, and that by it self will give him the right to invade the owners home and steal his values.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom