None of these dam tutorials are helping me get esf on steam

Best answers
Plz help... i tried to follow the exact instructions in that one sticky tutorial but it never works. First of all i dont have half life installed but i have the key and i play all the other mods i got. Do i need half life? I tried installing esf 1.1 and i dont know what to do with the steam packages 1.0 and 2.0. When i try to play esf this error comes up and says Failed not run game. You have multiple installs of steam on your drive, and the game you tried to run is from a different version. WTF does this all mean?? PLZ help

poi

Best answers
Just download half life on steam and install esf into steam/steamapps/[email protected]/half-life and install the steam pack to the esf folder.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, you have to have halflife. I'm not sure how you played the mods without it >.< (if you mean you dont have the cd but you have it installed on the pc, then thats just fine)

.) Once you sort your halflife issue out, download the Half-Life Steam Installer: (211.6 MB) from here
.) When that is installed, register your email account and everything, and test out one of the games (which will create an important folder)
.) When everything is working, reinstall ESF, but instead of installing it to
c:/sierra/halflife/esf
Install it to
C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/your email address folder/half-life

This should then add it to the games list, and let you play it on steam. Best of luck

Hope that has helped you a bit more.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're missing some critical steps. I've become something of an expert on the matter.

This assumes a clean install.

1. Open steam and run half life.
2. Quit, and return to the browser.
3. Quit steam itself . Ctrl + alt + delete and make sure it's not running.
4. install ESF under your steamapps\yourname@youremail\half-life
5. Place your old fmod.dll in the half life folder. fmod.dll can be found in your old HL file. It has to be the latest one.
6. Boot steam back up and it should work. Remember that ESF has to run in open gl mode for the mostm part.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom