non common anime thread [spoiler]

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ever since the anime show had conquer the golden time of tv schedule in north america and even have their own television channel but the anime people known still cant leave without naruto, dbz, yoyo hogosho, bleach....ect now can can everyone share the non common anime that you know.

here's my turn:

hell teacher:

doraemon:

Nintama Rantarō:

<center><object enableJSURL="false" enableHREF="false" save*****Tags="true" allowScriptAccess="never" allownetworking="internal" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allownetworking="internal" height="350" width="425" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/P-CngyF08dc&autoplay=1">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P-CngyF08dc&autoplay=1" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
</object></center>

Best answers
What would be counted as non-common anime? Animes that havent appeared on american TV, Or just something nobody rarely ever hear about?

Oh well, i can atleast post one uncommon but great anime:

Oruchuban Ebichu(Ebichu the housukeeping hamster)

Basically perverted talking hamster ruins its owners sex life by spouting unnecessary stuff all the time.
Warning: Contains some very indecent words, ecchi action and animal violence. (But still doesnt fall under category Hentai)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to say...Totally Spies and Team Galaxy. They're made in America instead of Japan (at least I was told so), and it's still classified as Anime, but they're both complete ****. So I guess they're non-common Anime.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to say...Totally Spies and Team Galaxy. They're made in America instead of Japan (at least I was told so), and it's still classified as Anime, but they're both complete ****. So I guess they're non-common Anime.
Id call those cartoons rather than anime ^^

In any case:
-Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the heroic knight
-Record of Lodoss War: OVA
-D.N.Angel
-Gundam(not really non-common but overshadowed by the new animes and its a clasic)
-Berserk(Manga is better though but they made a nice port to the anime (warrning contains lots and lots and lots of blood))
-D.Grey-Man
-Kiba

Thats all i can think of from the top of my head.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Groove Adventure Rave, Hunter x Hunter .......
can't remember the rest =(

Best answers
-D.N.Angel
-Berserk(Manga is better though but they made a nice port to the anime (warrning contains lots and lots and lots of blood))
-D.Grey-Man
Are those really non-common animes? I have seen D.N.Angel and Berserk anime, and I heard D.Gray-Man is pretty popular among some folks(i have only read some of the manga).

Anyways i could add DNA^2 to the list because i think its pretty uncommon.

Best answers
Beserk is like so totally famous.
IMO uncommon anime = those that you cant easily hear of. And those NOT picked up by anime n00bs. I so hate it when anime n00bs just come into our world, pick up Naruto or Bleach, DBZ having been their first anime. And act like they discovered the word Dattebayo....

Anyway: my list:
1. Ranma 1/2 Its not so uncommon but n00bs don't pick this up.
2. Samurai Deeper Kyo. Haven't seen many n00bs pick this up either.
3. School Rumble. Well its what you pick up when you have been here for a while.

Its been a year since I've been anime hunting.

And btw.... though it isnt an uncommon anime:

ONE PIECE

Its what n00bs never pick up. Just because its animation and drawing is slightly different. I say that its good anyway. Sort of the first anime I've actually tried out in a long while.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Code Geass (the best new anime of this year),
Jungle wa itsumo Hare nochi Guu ("Hare+Guu"),
Hunter x Hunter,
Hikaru no Go,
Fate/Stay Night,
Rozen Maiden,
Shakugan no Shana,
Yakitate!! Japan

That should keep you busy for a few months.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically anything I watch it seems ;P

Bartender
Yomigaeru SOra (Rescue Wings)
Haibane Renmei (Has a US DVD release and most ppl I talk to about it are all like "WTH is that? Never heard of it)
Revolutionary Girl Utena (A bit older bu most ppl STILL are all "WTH is that")

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melancholy of haruhi suzumiya

Best answers
zero no tsukaima
zero no tsukaima II
Claymore

Best answers
zero no tsukaima
zero no tsukaima II
Claymore
I believe those are not something someone can call as Non-common, as ive heard Claymore is pretty popular and Zero no Tsukaima I & II are really new animes, and actually popular too as i've watched the first one and over half of the second(actually finished episode 10 of the second season today)...

Well basically most of the animes listed in this thread dont fall under category "uncommon" in my opinion. Because if Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi is a uncommon anime, i must have strange luck with meeting people who have seen it. Because almost every active anime watcher ive met, have seen it...

By the way, some anime i think of as uncommon anime:
- Key the Metal Idol
- Amazing Nurse Nanako
- Magical Pokan

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star)

So much of it hasn't made it to the states. :(

Epic fate, deadly martial arts, and a war between brothers. It simply doesn't get better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom