No Moniter signal

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Heres a good one, one ive never seen before in my many days of pcs dying.
At first the PC lost the harddrive. After booting without the harddrive, and then booting again with it, the PC finds it first time and it all works! WOOT!
Until the Pc is restarted... then, it wont even output to the moniter. The Pc is definetly on, but you dont even hear the "beep" as the pc posts.
Taking the pc to a techies house, he simple removed everything and booted it up, then put everything back and everything is fine again!

UNTIL ITS RESTARTED.
Where now back to square 1. The Pc again wont output to the moniter, and ive tried removing everything, replacing everything restetting the bios, using different card slots and ide channels, and I cant get the bugger to output anything.
Any advice? I know i havnt done something utterly stupid, as the Pc i fixed up from ebay costing £3.23 is working perfectly.

*edit* just thought id say that the pc cant be restarted in this state using the restart button, and can only be shutdown by the holding the power button for 5 seconds method.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On the back of the tower, there should be some orange little tab thing that says something like 110v, 220v (it slides from left to right, right to left). Numbers may vary. Try putting it on the lower number. I had this problem yesterday when I was plugging in my dvd rom which seems not to work at all now.

Good luck.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say that ethier you mainboard may be screwing up (If you have tried different video cards i'd say it'd be the mainboard at fault in this case with the AGP bus on your mainboard dying). From what you can tell, does the bios keep resetting itself each time you start it up? (corrupted bios maybe?).

Best answers
I'd go with Overlord, and if you are in Europe, then that "red tab" thingy should read 220v, If in America then 110v. It shouldn't have been moved in the first place, but if it has, move it back and hopefully you didnt fry anything.

But it does sound like something is fried... definately fried. Its either your Mobo or your PSU.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
I'd go with Overlord, and if you are in Europe, then that "red tab" thingy should read 220v, If in America then 110v. It shouldn't have been moved in the first place, but if it has, move it back and hopefully you didnt fry anything.

But it does sound like something is fried... definately fried. Its either your Mobo or your PSU.
Hmm....... Never thought it could be the psu (rails and all). What are your system specs, and have you tried a different psu as of yet?.

Best answers
I once switched the red thing and my power supply exploded (the PC wasn't even running).. So I doubt that this is his problem :x

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
My bro once switch his tab when his pc was being odd a few years ago and it made a very entertaining bang with some smoke too. :p Again, like with Kimfu, it was off at the time.

Also, recently my pc wouldn't always detect the HDDs but replacing the PSU fixed it so I'd definitely try that.

*Looks at Kimfu* "Bicycle Repair Man! But how?!" XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom