No max-charge/reduced min-charge

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
This idea is to make it more like the show, as well as to speed up energy attacks for use in melee to make the games pace a bit faster.

Firstly, in DBZ an attacks strength is relative to how much energy is put into it rather than the name/style of the attack. Of course, attacks differ in colour and effect (Big Bang has a mushroom-cloud explosion, Burning Attack blinds etc).

I propose that you can pump as much or as little energy into an attack as you wish, and the minimum charge length is only as long as the charge animation. Instead of having the bar divided by a yellow line into minimum and maximum charge, the entire bar would be the 'minimum charge'

And when it is full (after one second) a powerlevel reading of the attack comes up on bar, and keeps rising until you fire the attack or run out of energy.

After three seconds:

After six seconds:

The figures are only for example purposes, C&C?

Best answers
That be awsome but might make it a bit unfair,
A ssj3 goku doing a kamehameha just hold it then shoots just b4 he runs out of ki it'll kill all the ppl in the server

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know, maby it would be hard to "controll" after a certain charge time.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
I dont know, maby it would be hard to "controll" after a certain charge time.
Adding that to it sounds like a really neat idea. Charge the blast as much as you want, but use more than you can handle (determined by your current PL) and the blast may not go where you want, fire prematurely, or blow up in your face.

For an added feature, your relative PL should rise as you're charging a big attack like this. (Think Raditz saga, when Goku was charging his Kamehameha in the air, and Piccolo his SBC. Or even when Gohan flipped out and charged into Raditz. When they were attacking, their PL grew incredibly, then returned when they calmed.)

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well technically when your channeling energy like that (in the DBZ world) you are raising your pl just like it shows. So therefor the scouter would also have to show the beam charge pl.

This whole idea could be changed into a "added ki" meter that rapidly goes up and down depending on how active the player is. Would be a nice general addition to the game.

Best answers
Even if it was hard to control or something, if powered up enough, it would still kill everyone around you.If it blew up in your face, people would be kamikazeing like crazy. I think if you power it up too much it should dissapear. Something along that line, to make it fair so you wont die every 3 seconds.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
If it blows up in your hands, the beam is limited to how far it could go. Just think of it like that. Just for it to eventually get so powerfull that it will self implode and scatter your molecules quite a distance.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
StealthKiller said:
to make it fair so you wont die every 3 seconds.
I was thinking along the lines of much more than 3 seconds of charging to the point where the blast is so unstable it blows up in your face. I just mentioned that because if there's no form of "charge guard" that prevents or discourages the player from charging an attack for 5 minutes to nuke the map, then they will.

Best answers
What i ment by that was that other people would charge it up severly and kamikaze you, then you respawn and get killed again or something like that.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
I just mentioned that because if there's no form of "charge guard" that prevents or discourages the player from charging an attack for 5 minutes to nuke the map, then they will.
erm...you still have a ki bar you know, the energy in the blast wouldnt come out of nowhere, once you run out of ki the blast gets fired, problem solved no complete map nuke-ing spam fests. I think its an awesome idea, but if this were to be included i think that the lowest charged signature moves should do the same damage as say a fully charged generic beam does now. I think that it would be quite interesting if the longer you charged the beam, your crosshair would move around slightly erraticly and maybe at some point after charging for a while they'd say "i can handle this kind of power anymore" just before you run out of ki or something, i dont want beams to blow myself up because i held down the charge too long, it never happened in the show, and just seems stupid/illogical in general.

Best answers
Well one fanfic I was reading (what? >_>) had Yamcha get a big power boost (alternate storyline) and he tried a Kamehameha. For a killing blow, he pumped in a lot of power but then it sort of faded away and the ki he spent in it disappeared too

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
My point was, stuff like that never happened, tell me one moment in the whole of dbz where goku or somebody charged up a ki attack and it either exploded in their face or it disappeared. It never happened, for the reason that ki doesnt work like that.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
once you run out of ki the blast gets fired, problem solved no complete map nuke-ing spam fests.
Players would turn off fly mode, and stand on the ground while their ki slowly refills and is pumped into the blast.

Davidskiwan said:
i dont want beams to blow myself up because i held down the charge too long, it never happened in the show, and just seems stupid/illogical in general.
Well, that was one of the things Kaioken could do to your body (though it never actually happened), and it's basically the same concept. Gathering a lot more power than you can/are supposed to handle.

Davidskiwan said:
I think that it would be quite interesting if the longer you charged the beam, your crosshair would move around slightly erraticly
Seconded.

And about the kamikaze thing... what's the big problem? If a player wants to kamikaze you currently, all they have to do is get near you, charge a big beam, and detonate it by right clicking. It won't be any better or worse with this concept of charging an attack.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You can turn off any type of ki recharge when not flying too, infact holding a ki attack should cost ki which should cancel out the recharge which happens when not flying, then the problem is truely solved, and the beam can only reach your ki pool capacity, exactly how it works in dbz and no fan fiction put in place which is completely rediculous imo. I really dislike the idea of it blowing up if you charge it too long, to me its just... rediculous, it never happened in the entire history of dbz, it doesnt make sense, and there's no real basis for it being included. Your ki pool is an effective, logical and true to the show limit to the amount of power being included in beams. There's no need for bull****. no offense >_>.

Best answers
I thinkk that could work but i think that if you "pump ki" into it you wouldnt be able to move with the beam.

Best answers
u can also combine it with the wave idea and make it harder for your opponent to block the wave :D :D

fantastic idea

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
This idea is to make it more like the show, as well as to speed up energy attacks for use in melee to make the games pace a bit faster.

Firstly, in DBZ an attacks strength is relative to how much energy is put into it rather than the name/style of the attack. Of course, attacks differ in colour and effect (Big Bang has a mushroom-cloud explosion, Burning Attack blinds etc).

I propose that you can pump as much or as little energy into an attack as you wish, and the minimum charge length is only as long as the charge animation. Instead of having the bar divided by a yellow line into minimum and maximum charge, the entire bar would be the 'minimum charge'

And when it is full (after one second) a powerlevel reading of the attack comes up on bar, and keeps rising until you fire the attack or run out of energy.

After three seconds:

After six seconds:

The figures are only for example purposes, C&C?
thats a good idea, but extremely hard to code. Having a charge bar like so makes it so they can code like idk how many different level sizes for the beam, and full filled bar is the largest ball sprite. Its impossible to code in 'random'

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
bleh, it wouldnt be hard to code .. atm we're using one wrl/sprites anyways :eek: scaling :eek:
but its a bad idea and thus it will not implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom