No max-charge/reduced min-charge

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're going to say 'it's a bad idea' then you could at least say why. You're the only person to post non-favourably regarding the idea.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I second DJ-Ready. This can become a serious problem if implemented. If it is implemented, someone with a really low powerlevel, would have NO chance at all, against someone, that is maybe twice as strong as you. Thus making the game unfair to people that join late in the game. Now maybe, if new people join, and there powerlevel's are averaged to the server's powerlevel, then yes, it would even it out, but the current way powerlevel is handled for new players, would make the game completely unfair, and would not be playable, unless you are the first person to join the server.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off, you are vunerable when charging attacks. You can't attack, you can't defend, sometimes you can move (slowly) otherwise you're rooted.

Secondly, since when has someone with 1/2 the powerlevel of his or her opponent had a significant chance anyway? It applies to melee and beams, in 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3.

Not to mention a person with a low powerlevel would be able to charge a more powerful attack so they'd have a better chance against enemy powerhouses *thinks of Piccolo vs. Raditz*

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
First off, you are vunerable when charging attacks. You can't attack, you can't defend, sometimes you can move (slowly) otherwise you're rooted.

Secondly, since when has someone with 1/2 the powerlevel of his or her opponent had a significant chance anyway? It applies to melee and beams, in 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3.

Not to mention a person with a low powerlevel would be able to charge a more powerful attack so they'd have a better chance against enemy powerhouses *thinks of Piccolo vs. Raditz*
I totally agree with this. Krillian would have a better chance up against 100% Frieza, Perfect Cell and SSJ3 Goku. :yes: Im totally for this idea.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has its ups and downs like evrything

The worst part would be beamspam paradise. Could be limited by reducing the splash damage range by a lot and haveing the full force strike you headon ^^

All in all this could be balanced.

I like it.

Best answers
Still coming up with more suggestions eh ravendust?
I think its one of those idea we would all like to see. But suprisingly it has alot of problems when you think about it.

- stopping the transformed people being way overpowered with beams due to their higher ki regen.
- balancing the fairness of amount of ki vs powerlevel.
- increase of kamikaze players.

If only it was less hassle/rethought, i'm sure it'd be considered.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shuyin said:
Still coming up with more suggestions eh ravendust?
I think its one of those idea we would all like to see. But suprisingly it has alot of problems when you think about it.

- stopping the transformed people being way overpowered with beams due to their higher ki regen.
- balancing the fairness of amount of ki vs powerlevel.
- increase of kamikaze players.

If only it was less hassle/rethought, i'm sure it'd be considered.
Basicly it has its own balance ^^ You can charge longer for more power or you charge less for more KI.

And the transformed people already have a advantage against those who arnt transformed ^^

About the kamikaze players. That could be done by reducing the splash damage. How about this 5 feet round the explotion point the damage is 100%. 10 feet round it the damage is only 50% and 20 feet round it the damage is allmoast 0.

I think taht could work beamspammers will say it wil ruin the game but if you hit headon its the same. And well see more PS and BS cause people wont want to detonate the beam because they can miss easier and become targets from lack of KI.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I really like this idea. I'm assuming the SB would work the way it does now though as it doesn't use the KI bar.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like the idea.

I also like the idea of making the attack harder to control after a certain time.

Here's my idea for that:

Le''s say you're Piccolo, charging a Special Beam Cannon, and your PL is, say,
5 mil. You start charging the attack, and each attack has a starting PL. SBC is stronger than, say, Generic Beam, so SBC should have a higher starting PL. The PL of the attack rises as you pump more Ki into it, but when the PL reaches the same number as your own PL, you start shaking or something. In this example, once the SBC reaches 5 mil, your aim will start to shake or something. The more you charge it after that, the more the aiming reticle will shake.

How's this sound?

Best answers
I gots an even better idea for this a beam will charge normally untell it reaches the players pl then it will rapidly decrease there energy (like teh speed after you get past teh yellow line of a throw)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Herms said:
I gots an even better idea for this a beam will charge normally untell it reaches the players pl then it will rapidly decrease there energy (like teh speed after you get past teh yellow line of a throw)
I don't really like that. The point of the whole shaky aim thing is to prevent beam spammers from abusing it too much. If you can't aim, it's harder to spam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont see how this would affect gameplay other than encouraging spamming. If you want a stronger attack, hit the turbo.

If I were you, Id be pushing for some kind of charging turbo, rather than extending a charge time.

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I don't really like that. The point of the whole shaky aim thing is to prevent beam spammers from abusing it too much. If you can't aim, it's harder to spam.
wtf are you talking about shaky aim?? no one ever had trouble controling there beams if it was a large attack like the final flash or final attack it whouldn't be able to turn.

I suppose a better way of controling beam spammers is to give alot of enegry to begin with and have it really hard to get enegry back thats realistic.

Best answers
sorry I should have said unrealistic to dbz

sry for the mixup o_o

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I really like the idea.

I also like the idea of making the attack harder to control after a certain time.

Here's my idea for that:

Le''s say you're Piccolo, charging a Special Beam Cannon, and your PL is, say,
5 mil. You start charging the attack, and each attack has a starting PL. SBC is stronger than, say, Generic Beam, so SBC should have a higher starting PL. The PL of the attack rises as you pump more Ki into it, but when the PL reaches the same number as your own PL, you start shaking or something. In this example, once the SBC reaches 5 mil, your aim will start to shake or something. The more you charge it after that, the more the aiming reticle will shake.

How's this sound?
Shaking = awsome idea.

Not important but a great little feature.

DJ ready said:
bleh, it wouldnt be hard to code .. atm we're using one wrl/sprites anyways :eek: scaling :eek:
but its a bad idea and thus it will not implemented.
.Wrl? have you stuck another thingo over the charge sprite?

I do know what im talking about btw, in the same manner you have a .wrl over the flare.spr

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
first off are you saying that the beams will have no charge time at all you can just crack one of in half a second?

that would be a very bad idea we have to give people with a lower powerlevel or lower trans some kind of a chance

powerlevel really isnt a huge factor in melee unless your not very good at this game
thats strange why dont i remember saying this...

disregard whatever i supposedly said up there i think its a good idea but how is it gonna be made sure to be balanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom