No love for the Olympics?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just curious as to who has been keeping up with the games so far. I'm a way bigger fan of the winter Olympics than summer, probably because Canada is better at winter sports.

Men's hockey started today, and Canada plays in an hour, and I am so pumped.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recall KidBoy making a thread about the winter olympics back in '06, and, as I recall, the general consensus from the majority of the, then, active members was "Who cares?", or something to that effect. I, on the other hand, share your enthusiasm, Opti :)

I don't catch everything, but I do make sure to keep up, as best I can, with a small handful of events, typically those featuring Canadian athletes I'm, more or less, familiar with. I also make it a point to keep up with curling, heh.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haven't been watching the olympics at all to be honest, gotta start doing that.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have been watching the ski jumps and the Speed Skating just now waiting for curling

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a fan of the Olympics in general, summer or winter.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't really do much for me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would not have mind seeing the Ski Jumps or Speed Skating but I feel like I missed it already...

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've watched a bit of hokey but i can't say that i'm a big fan of the Olympics. My sister loves skating though. :)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's absolutely **** it's hosted in vancouver. Wrong time zone. This is the first time, in many years, that I'm not actually following it on a daily basis.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really watch either. Watching sport/athletics doesn't interest me that much.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's absolutely **** it's hosted in vancouver. Wrong time zone. This is the first time, in many years, that I'm not actually following it on a daily basis.
Who says you have to watch it live? I often didn't when the games were hosted in cities whose time zones were wonky from my perspective (*cough* Turin). Vancouver is just as good a host to the winter games as any other :p

Try webcasts.

Last edited:
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd watch US Hockey, but... Chris Drury, Ryan Kesler, Ryan Miller, and Tim Thomas?

I MISS MODANO!!! :(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Did you guys see the video of the guy on the ice luge getting thrown off his car at 90mph and slamming into the steel post? The guy died upon impact. It was a practice run that turned tragic. =[

RIP.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you guys see the video of the guy on the ice luge getting thrown off his car at 90mph and slamming into the steel post? The guy died upon impact. It was a practice run that turned tragic. =[

RIP.
With the ammount of accidents ocuring in Vancover itll be remembered as a jinx. I can still see how the women downhill went. Sorry for canada but thisll probably be seen as organistion at its worst.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can still see how the women downhill went. Sorry for canada but thisll probably be seen as organistion at its worst.
Women falling on the downhill track != organizational difficulties; though I have to agree that it was shocking how many slip-ups there were during that event. The announcers were remarking that a lot of coaches were talking about how insanely difficult the women's course was compared to the men's downhill course.

Also, please, please, please don't extrapolate Vancouver onto the rest of Canada. Saying "Sorry for Canada" because of something happening in Vancouver is tantamount to the cardinal sin that people make where they assume all of Canada is exactly like Toronto. Both are terrible insults to the rest of us Canadians.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
|GO|CANADA|GO|

I' v been watching a bunch of events when I can.

Hockey mainly, both mens and womens. Canada vs Switzerland (Mens Hockey) was bit of a nail biter yesterday though. Canada's and United States' Womens teams so far have be dominating, looks like they'll play in the final.

Mens Hockey - Canada vs United States is coming up on the 21st will be an awesome game.

I'm probably gonna be going to downtown Vancouver on Saturday to check out all the festivities. From what I' v seen on TV, the atmosphere in Vancouver is just insane, nations from all over the world together partying, what could be better?

Once in a life time events should rarely be passed up, this is one, in my opinion, should not.

The Winter Olympics is an event that happens every four years, cheer your country and enjoy :)

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'd watch US Hockey, but... Chris Drury, Ryan Kesler, Ryan Miller, and Tim Thomas?

I MISS MODANO!!! :(
I' v been watching a bunch of events when I can.

Hockey mainly, both mens and womens. Canada vs Switzerland (Mens Hockey) was bit of a nail biter yesterday though. Canada's and United States' Womens teams so far have be dominating, looks like they'll play in the final.

Mens Hockey - Canada vs United States is coming up on the 21st will be an awesome game.

I'm probably gonna be going to downtown Vancouver on Saturday to check out all the festivities. From what I' v seen on TV, the atmosphere in Vancouver is just insane, nations from all over the world together partying, what could be better?

Once in a life time events should rarely be passed up, this is one, in my opinion, should not.

The Winter Olympics is an event that happens every four years, cheer your country and enjoy :)
Well I most certainly care about it although I only allocate the time to watch the hockey for the most part. Out shooting the US team by a factor of 2-1 but still losing the game was pretty rough. Brodeur did not have his best game although he was ok, just we need more than that when Miller at the other end is standing on his head. Now we have to go through russia in the quarter final but regardless canada have the strongest team at the tournament in terms of talent but their chemistry which is the most important thing in team play has been struggling, although the us game was their best. Luongo hopefully does the job we need from him.

Last edited:
The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
The only winter sports i'm interested in are Hockey and Women's Figure Skating, go Yuna Kim and Joannie Rochette!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom