Nintendo's Revolutionary Controller

Best answers
I don't like the rifle... But the pistol looks like a glock ^_^

I had heard that the classic games would be free... Since it's a mock-up, perhaps I can keep up that hope?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Soul Punisher said:
lol Why do you say it's wrong exactly?
Heh, I mean I remeber duck hunt with that long red pistol...But a complete shotgun model is so realsitc, ****ing the gun at a t.v screen. Now I know arcades have this kind of thing, but you aretaking a controller, equiping it with a shotgun shell and shooting things with it.

What would be hilarious, is lets say GTA "6" was released for the revolution. Yeah it would kick ass, having a pistol addon or a shotgun, but I would laugh my ass off if I saw myself or anyone cokcing that gun at police officer, yelling at the t.v screen, all into it and stuff.

I dunno about you, but I would seriously be in a "wtf?" phase as I watched someone prepare the item and begin to use it on their T.v screen.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I'd have to say Nintendo is doing it again. Making you buy all the addons. Why can't it just COME with the system. That's really the only thing tha pisses me off. Is they make you buy it seperately. Bad for the fans, good for nintendo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I'd have to say Nintendo is doing it again. Making you buy all the addons. Why can't it just COME with the system. That's really the only thing tha pisses me off. Is they make you buy it seperately. Bad for the fans, good for nintendo.
Nintendo's decided to put the analog stick addon in the box, so you don't have to buy that seperately. They're still discussing new addons, so nobody knows what they'll look like.

I wouldn't want them throwing in 20 or so addons. Let's say they add a steering wheel kinda addon.. that's nice, but I hardly play race games, so it's pointless. It'll only make the whole package more expensive.

It's no different from other console accessories. If you want a steering wheel for PS2, you have to buy it seperately also.

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Heh, I mean I remeber duck hunt with that long red pistol...But a complete shotgun model is so realsitc, ****ing the gun at a t.v screen. Now I know arcades have this kind of thing, but you aretaking a controller, equiping it with a shotgun shell and shooting things with it.

What would be hilarious, is lets say GTA "6" was released for the revolution. Yeah it would kick ass, having a pistol addon or a shotgun, but I would laugh my ass off if I saw myself or anyone cokcing that gun at police officer, yelling at the t.v screen, all into it and stuff.

I dunno about you, but I would seriously be in a "wtf?" phase as I watched someone prepare the item and begin to use it on their T.v screen.
Roflmao!! Now that i think about it, that would be pretty funny. That would probally make an even bigger controversy then rockstar could ever imagine.

I had heard that the classic games would be free... Since it's a mock-up, perhaps I can keep up that hope?
You should end any hope of that right now. Well wait a min, when u say classics do you mean just Nintendo titles only and not everything else made by other companies?

Best answers
OK just watched TGS on G4 ^.^

Ok

A skin will be released so you can play the conventional way of gaming (Non remote)

Nothing on WiFi

Games will cost somewhere between 1 dollar to 10 depending on its age, popularity, and basically anything else that goes into the gaming factor :x

Best answers
Soul Punisher said:
You should end any hope of that right now. Well wait a min, when u say classics do you mean just Nintendo titles only and not everything else made by other companies?
Yes. I remember reading a link in one of the "ZOMG NINTENDO SUX" threads posted that led to another forum thread which explained some info about the upcoming Rev, and he said that the old Nintendo titles would be freely downloadable.

Granted, it's entirely possible it was BS in the first place... But a guy can dream, can't he?

Best answers
Yup dreaming is always good, and actually, im hoping that's true as well because that's what i read about on a few sites. All in all, im just hoping that every game will be downloadable, it dosen't matter too me if they charge or not to be honest, i mean they can't possibly go over $15 anyway. Im really dying to play the games i enjoyed so much when i was younger like TMNT, Power Rangers, Buster Loose, Punch Out, Goldeneye ect. And with the strong possiblity of Sega joining in due to the very tight relationship they have with Nintendo now, it just keeps sounding better and better.

Best answers
I'm not sure if they could allow most of those... Punch Out, yes.. I loved that game, and it was developed by Nintendo. But I'm not sure about n64 titles... And even if so, I sincerely doubt they could legally do Golden Eye any more, after the Rare incident... And TMNT and Power Ranges? Same thing: I doubt they'll be allowed.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are the older games going to online-playable? That'd be impressive.

But about the wi-fi...The Ds has wi-fi connection, but you gotta be like 100 feet of someone to connect or near a wi-fi hotspot. My brother uses a wirelss connection for his computer and I still can only connect with him on the DS. Am I really going to able to play online with a gamecube without having to livei n a certain area?

Best answers
But i thought they could get some type of permission from the companies to make their games downloadable or something? im really expecting alot of games from Konami and Capcom. And what happen btw them and rare exactly? I thought they only left nintendo because microsoft bought them out or something and that was it, was there some type of problem btw them?.

G
Chakra-X said:
But about the wi-fi...The Ds has wi-fi connection, but you gotta be like 100 feet of someone to connect or near a wi-fi hotspot. My brother uses a wirelss connection for his computer and I still can only connect with him on the DS. Am I really going to able to play online with a gamecube without having to livei n a certain area?
you have to have your own Wi-Fi connection (like my Air Staiton ^^) but then you can connect your DS to the revolutions (or just the revolutions w/o the DS) and use it to surf the net, play DS games online and download old Nintendo games for like 30P :) of corse bigger ones like GC games will cost like £5 or something and have to go on the revolutions. and ofcorse no extra fee for surfing with the revolutions :)
thats all I've heard of it so far, sounds damn good tho :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Are the older games going to online-playable? That'd be impressive.

Don't worry, it's been confirmed that the Revolution will have some sort of usb hook up or something (can't remember exactly) that allows you to connect to the internet through your computer. So even if you don't have a wi-fi connection/router and stuff in your house, you can still play online through a normal, wired internet connection.

Heh, totally off-topic. But I just realized that i've had 488 posts for literally several months. Just found that kinda funny.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:

That's what makes them addons. Derrrr. :p

I'm sure I'd be content with the default stuff anyways.

G
Hash said:
Heh, totally off-topic. But I just realized that i've had 488 posts for literally several months. Just found that kinda funny.
lol, on the MoA forums I made 500 posts in 1 month ;)
the X-Box 360 is gonna be nothing compared to the revolutions, I cant wait

Best answers
they are making a new gc controller for the rev for those that are to close minded to understand what the new controller can do, this new controller yes it looks weird but some people here seem to understand how good this will make fighters, rpgs and fps games others thought atleast read what can resault from this fighter games will rock with the flick of the wrist you,ll be able to pull more combos out your ass faster than you can blink.

with the controler and what you will be able to do it will make games so fun to the point of um...i dont know lol

Ji(M)B0

J
oO Hopefully i dont get it mixed up with all my other silver remote controls in the house, I seem to have misplaced my dvd remote, i wonder if it can help me... Honestly, it looks like **** Who would ever design a GAMING control like a REMOTE control?

Best answers
you,d be surprised it got praised by people from xbox and some pretty big name companys including hideo kojima for you mgs fans who know who he is :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it's about time someone showed some balls and stepped up to the challenge of doing something different.

Sony and Microsoft wouldn't do something like this. They like to play it safe and keep rehashing the same crap over and over again. I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't do that, but at least they're branching out to do something different.

Besides, people don't have to play on it if they don't like it. Just don't buy the console. Durr.

But if it does turn out to be the most fun I've had in years, I know who I'll be laughing at while they're still messing around with outdated controls and gameplay mechanics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom