Nintendo's Revolutionary Controller

Best answers
That looks awfully unconfortable to me. But nice idea nevertheless.

Best answers
There was a so called leak earlier, i thought this was the going be the controller for sure.

Well anyway, one thing is clear though after looking at this new controller, FPS's is about get a whole lot more interesting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm interesting .. thats all i can say

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
it could be cool but i'm not sure how i'm going to play smash like that...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lmao. I knew I hate Nintendo for a reason. Its a remote control (the kind used for a tv) with a little joystick added onto it XD. Great stuff man. And I thought the Baracuda was awkward...

Best answers
I certaintly hope the first one isn't the controller, because like Kaination said "I mean, just, wtf.."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My first thought was "Hey, nice DVD remote!" If theyre serious, theyre out of their ****ing minds.

...I wonder if it can change the channel?

The tilting and pointing does sound interesting though...

Best answers
frsrblch said:
...I wonder if it can change the channel?
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I doubt they really intend to make that the controler, it would be too risky. But it wouldt surprise me, ever since they started whoring super mario over and over they've had a bad idea after another.

Best answers
That'll be sweet for first person shooters

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when i was scrolling down i thought that was their remote for dvds, guess i was wrong

ill be angry if the joystick thing comes as a separate package

Best answers
SuperDragonFist said:
I certaintly hope the first one isn't the controller, because like Kaination said "I mean, just, wtf.."
It's the controller alright, and only Nintendo would take such a risk. I love what Nintendo has done with the controller myself, i'm very impressed. I think it will be a completely new innovation experience with endless possibilities, but im kinda worried. The reason im worried though is really because im sure alot of people aren't ready for this right now, this is too big of a step ahead for this generation of gamers, espically casual's. I can see people now running back to gamestop after they get their revolution, telling the store clerks that the controller didn't come in the box with the revo, only to find out that the controller itself is what they"ve mistaken for a remote. This could possibly cause Revo to move in with Virtual boy, but i hope everyone give's it a chance. If this controller dosen't work out then it dosen't matter because you can still play with the previous controllers anyway, so i guess the risk isn't quite that big.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HAha I don't know what to say...It's actualyl just very funny, not that it's stupid looking, it's just not what I pictured it to be, but it doesn't look easily accessible, your hand has to travel up and down so far, I would assume that will create a large delay in response, but I'll make that conclusion when I acutally have it...

I wanna red one

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What a dissapointment.. Although they said it's still a 'work in progress,'... The thing just screams "gimmick." This is not a step ahead for anything. They could've easily made a standard controller with an infrared emitter in the middle and had it do the same thing. The idea of "pointing at the screen" isn't revolutionary--it was a gimmick in Nintendo's original system, the light gun, and a failed gimmick in SNES--the Super Scope Six. Perhaps the way they'll implement it will be different and it will allow some interesting new games to be played, but can you imagine playing a fighting game with two buttons?

If they can pull it off successfully and make people enjoy it, hats off to them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was watching ign with anticipation throughout the entire Keynote speech, and i'm just glad nintendo didn't wuss out and not show anything.

Personally, im excited at the possibiltes. Nintendo could definately come up with some interesting and exciting new ways to play games, thats for sure. The question is just whether they can. Like, I can imagine the potential it has. But before i'm sold, Nintendo is gonna have to showcase a sweet game that fully incorporates all the new features of there controller into an exciting experiance. Until they do that, of course i'm gonna be a little skeptical, cuz it's so different from the norm. But I have faith they'll be able to do it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah! I've figured out to use this thing! The romote looking thing is just like the GameCube one. The cross buttons are like in the NES, but they are the C Buttons for the controler.

The A and B buttons on the bottom are the outer buttons just like in the cube but they are there.

Don't disagree with me but I think i'm on a right path or something.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Found a commercial for the controller.. Looks like this thing shares something in common with the PS2's Eyetoy--people look idiotic using it.

http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2005/09/16/443527.html (scroll down a little)

Edit: While some of you may think "it's cool," can you really picture four people in close proximity playing Smash Bros., flailing their arms all over the place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom