Nintendo's Revolutionary Controller

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, that actually looks really interesting. :3 I think it'd be a blast to play with. That commercial looks pretty spiffy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hay, if you drop the controller, will link drop his sword?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i cant even put into words how glad i am nintendo did this.

why?, now people can blame nintendos suckiness on something else besides their kiddish games ^^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Found a commercial for the controller.. Looks like this thing shares something in common with the PS2's Eyetoy--people look idiotic using it.

http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2005/09/16/443527.html (scroll down a little)

Edit: While some of you may think "it's cool," can you really picture four people in close proximity playing Smash Bros., flailing their arms all over the place?
wow. as shallow as it gets. someone that cares about their appearance when playing games. *me claps Rooney style at Alea*

anyways, we dont know how it will be until we have used it; all of Nintendo's controllers have been comfortable to hold so far, not too small, not too big, and the buttons are in the right places. I aint realy fussed, as long as i can play my Super Smash Brothers

besides, Nuttzy, no-one is asking you to play nintendo >_> if it doesnt appeal to you, dont buy/play it; simple as o_O

Best answers
Ughhh... Im extreamy dissapointed....

Hmm... The Xbox360 sonic game looks good...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
hay, if you drop the controller, will link drop his sword?
No. He'll wander off into the abyss in a random dungeon.

The only use I see for this is games that require a first-person view. Thats it. Period. Otherwise, it'll be irritating.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nintendo could definately come up with some interesting and exciting new ways to play games, thats for sure.
While simultaneously alienating and ruining all the others.

I'm just appalled at this. "We're going to change the way you play games..." Why? Why is that even frigging necessary? I'll tell you why, because now they can have a nice little niche market of games that are only playable on their machine...and they are praying to whatever god they worship and adore that this will keep their jobs intact through 4th quarter 2006.

The best part? They can release a 'regular' controller for everyone who will surely hate this thing and double their profits.

It will be great on First Person Shooters. All two of them. Otherwise it is going to be a completely useless hindrance.

Is anyone else thoroughly annoyed at the fact that it even adds an extra wire to the situation...?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
wow. as shallow as it gets. someone that cares about their appearance when playing games. *me claps Rooney style at Alea*

anyways, we dont know how it will be until we have used it; all of Nintendo's controllers have been comfortable to hold so far, not too small, not too big, and the buttons are in the right places. I aint realy fussed, as long as i can play my Super Smash Brothers

besides, Nuttzy, no-one is asking you to play nintendo >_> if it doesnt appeal to you, dont buy/play it; simple as o_O
Wow, as stupid as it gets. People looking idiotic while playing is one of the reasons the EyeToy never caught on. One of many reasons. It has nothing to do with being "shallow," whatever you seem to think the word means.

Best answers
the reason i think nintendo are coming out with stupid ideas like the controller and that is because they are losing so bad in the console market, back in the old days it was saga vs nintendo and they were kinda both equal then sony came on the picture with the PS which was the best selling console for a long time, made saga satan look like dog pants, then the release of the ps2 hit then Xbox came out lot of ppl said that was no match for ps2 but as figures show today xbox took over ps2 in the matter of 2years when ps2 had i think a 3 year release before xbox hit, then u had the gamecube released knowing they were going to have a hard time fighting with xbox and ps2 they made the gamecube cheap to buy hoping to flock in the crowds this would of worked if gamecube would of opened their eyes and brough rights for good games instead of going with kiddy games, now we have the ps3, xbox360 and revolutions coming soon nintendo knows that where ps3 and xbox have a very good release as in its going to be brough loads where whats does revolutions have to offer so their backup plan was this stupid controller this is a act of desperation from nintendo nothing more.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eye toy was a bit embarresing to use, but nitnendo's controller is a couple slaps below that. Once someone gets used to it, when they use it for the apporiate game, I think it will add such a bigger thrill to video games.

Instead of just mashing buttons and moving aqound the control stick, you are directing it. Point towards the person you are passing to, pistol wip an enemy to the head, or create some unique fighting combos. It's not like you are oging to be standing up flaing your arms around, just flicking of the wrists, liek you would with a mouse. If these controllers do well, I;m sure there will be generic knock-offs soon to come.

Now that the controller has been revealed, they just need to demonstrate it with the next Super Smash Brothers, and I'll be happy.

Best answers
Wow.

Those pictures are ****ed up. Good game, usually they require batteries. I wonder how this will work out. But to me, every picture I see in this thread makes me "pfft, ***."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
alea, the difference between the eyetoy and the revolution controller, is the fact that one watches your movements, and the other does your movements
tbh, the controller isnt such a bad idea; it just needs more work. I understand what is meant by "revolutionise the way games will be played" now, it's the way everyone WANTS to be able to control a game; in virtual reality. Everyone wants to be able to control a game completely; we hope for it to happen in the future, where you move, so the character in the game moves etc, Nintendo have taken the first step into this futuristic type of gaming, other than using a light gun.
im not gonna lie, i am a nintendo fanboy, but not a fanboy/girl/person/whatever the **** you wanna call it, in the same way as Alea, Nuttzy and SaiyanPrideXIX; if a game appeals to me, i will buy it if i have the money etc, but i dont flame other people's efforts/hard work saying how im disappointed with it, look for the positive criteria in things, stop being so negative about everything Nintendo has to offer (im aiming this at SP, Alea, and Nuttzy btw), if you dont like something, ignore it. Im not just gonna stick to Nintendo, but i will defend it...heh :rolleyes:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like the controller at all. I was going to buy a revolution, now I won't.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...I can play shooting games for several hours behind my pc without my hand getting tired (not that I do it often, but I could do it if I wanted to) but I don't think I want to stick my arm out to aim for more then 5 minutes, but if I don't stick my arm out, you can hardly aim....how will they solve this?

Best answers
^(-.-)^

Good game guys, good game.

You're raggin at something you have not tried and just because it's different then the boomerrang PS3 controller or the crappy Xbox 360 one doens't mean its gonna suck.

Seriously... Nintendo is smarter than that and everyone but SaiyanPride would know that (Childish sig don't like it at all so prepared to be ragged on me for awhile). SO please be quiet and try it firs when it comes out in... June?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes that's true noone has tried it, but first impression is what makes something or what breakes something, if something only LOOKS annoying, we assume its annoying. Why? Because we are used to have a controller in both our hands and not some stupid tv remote controller which for some reason has an extremely weird button layout.

I mean, their first mistake was waiting so long before giving any information about the revolution. Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 both showed their information, but nintendo had to wait, people lost faith in nintendo. Now they come up with some weird controller that noone is used to, and you tell us we are "raggin'" at it?

Btw,...you told us not to rag about the revolution controler...but you just said the xbox 360 has a crappy controller as well....aren't you doing the same as we do then?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather not play a game with a remote control. I dont need to try it. If I dont like it just by looking at it, I dont have to buy it, and I can rag on it as much as I want. As Sicron said, the way something looks before anyone has a chance to actually use it will either make it or break it.

Im gonna stick to video game controllers, not my television controller.

Best answers
See here's what I said:

Just because its not gona be a boomerrang or a crappy 360 controller DOESN"T mean it will suck.

I meant for it to be like:
Yeah you see it and looks like crap but don't judge the book on its cover. I just hate how people just let loose on what could be one helluva good innovation for the gaming industry.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron, you need to get your facts right, Nintendo have:
a) being telling the truth about what the system is capable of, just like Microsoft have, unlike Sony
b) have given out more than enough information
as for your first question to do with being unable to hold your hand out for sometime Sicron, lose some weight. Sicron your arguments...suck
the N64 Controller was a new concept.

good for you Zeonix, you do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom