Nintendo press Conference now starting

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, anyone who thinks they are wasting their time is an idiot.

if you could watch that video, it was clear you could speak/understand japanese.

and if you can, then you would also realise that THE DATE IS AT THE TOP RIGHT OF THE PAGE.

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
lol, anyone who thinks they are wasting their time is an idiot.

if you could watch that video, it was clear you could speak/understand japanese.

and if you can, then you would also realise that THE DATE IS AT THE TOP RIGHT OF THE PAGE.

So basically, I watch RAW Naruto eps from time to time, and listen to Japanese themes--that somehow, automatically means that im suppose to understand Japanese as well right ?.......yeah...what's next ?.."Your an idiot if you feel your wasting your time by taking a french class, because it's obvious that you can speak it, read and understand it, otherwise you wouldn't be taking the class in the first place". :rolleyes:

In this case, I don't have to understand Japanese to watch a conference(fake, old, outdated, ect it doesnt matter) soley for reasons you weren't aware of--Wii video purposes. I guess multitasking would be non-existent as well I suppose.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, but i could put a video in front of you, tell you its a conferance on the Wii, make sure theres a random 2 minute clip toward the end, while the rest of them are talking about how stupid otaku are because they dont have a clue about what they are really saying.

and you would be none the wiser.

Best answers
Yes, because we all know you have to understand a language to fulfill a purpose of viewing something with your eyes to begin with. Im pretty sure sitting their talking about how stupid Otaku(or anyone for that matter) is because of the fact that they don't understand their native language, would be anymore wise then assuming I was watching to understand the conference in the first place. A fool can't make a fool out of what he(she) just assumes.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I actually agree with Axman. Why not just wait until all of the videos are released instead of watching a bunch of people speak a language you don't understand? Generally, when it comes to things like this they release the vids an hour or so after they're first shown. To each his (or in your case, her) own, I guess.

Anyway, I'm not particularly excited about the wii. The main attraction is the remote, and everyone keeps saying it's going to be great to play fps' on the wii. From my experience, the Japanese don't make good shooting games. In fact, more times than not they're abysmal. Based on the videos, I haven't really seen any games that I really want to buy or even go to a friend's house and play. Nice price for a system though, I guess.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could say something.

A lot of things.

But I'm just going to grin and walk away. :0D

Best answers
the 250 price tag was true...oh wel..aint buyin for a while..;/

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On the converse:

The $250 price tag was true! Excellent - that'll be easy to fit in next to textbooks. I'm willing to bet it'll still cost me less than a PSP; that's great (though it's not helping my eventual plan to pick up a PSP)!

Although I must say that I'm diasppointed that I'll have to wait until 2007 for MP: 3. I need my Metroid fix =\

Best answers
I'll still wait for the live announcements for more clarification, but I dont think they should had went around saying 'You'll be happy with the pricepoint' and make it one cent less than their supposedly, max prediction.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they had called it the Revolution, it would be $200.

And with a pricetag of $250 US, it should go for the equivalent of about $350 US in Europe.

I'm suprised the games aren't cheaper, either. According to the first blog, games go for as much as 6 800 Japan $'s, which, by my math (6800/25 000*250), is about $70 US. That's a considerable amount of money... certainly a considerable amount more than a computer game! :p

Dec 2nd means I could preorder one for my birthday to sell on eBay for some birthday cash. Mmmmm... cash.

Some cool info, but I'm not ****ting myself over it.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope this time Nintendo is smart enough to include component video out on the console--they had it on the first generation of GameCubes, but didn't sell the cables in stores--you had to actually know what they were, ask a sales rep in a store who may or may not have known (probably not) that you have to go online to Nintendo's website and special order it, taking god knows how long and how much for shipping.

But after all that, because "only 1% of gamecube owners used the cables" (more like, were able to find Nintendo's insane method of purchasing them), they justified the low sales to remove the digital-out port on future Gamecubes. Crazy, stupid marketing anyone? Anyway, I sincerely hope they include the output on the Wii and actually sell the cords.

Wouldn't it be funny if the low-sales of the component video cords (which either component-video or HDMI/DVI is necessary for HD-output) was used to justify the Nintendo decision not to include HD support for the Wii? Meh.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I hope this time Nintendo is smart enough to include component video out on the console--they had it on the first generation of GameCubes, but didn't sell the cables in stores--you had to actually know what they were, ask a sales rep in a store who may or may not have known (probably not) that you have to go online to Nintendo's website and special order it, taking god knows how long and how much for shipping.

But after all that, because "only 1% of gamecube owners used the cables" (more like, were able to find Nintendo's insane method of purchasing them), they justified the low sales to remove the digital-out port on future Gamecubes. Crazy, stupid marketing anyone? Anyway, I sincerely hope they include the output on the Wii and actually sell the cords.
I assume this generation they will make the cable (more) available, but if they don't have an out on the console itself I am gonna be so pissed.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Majin_You said:
On the converse:

The $250 price tag was true! Excellent - that'll be easy to fit in next to textbooks. I'm willing to bet it'll still cost me less than a PSP; that's great (though it's not helping my eventual plan to pick up a PSP)!

Although I must say that I'm diasppointed that I'll have to wait until 2007 for MP: 3. I need my Metroid fix =\
I thought MP: 3 was a launch title?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sadly, not anymore.

Something else also caught my interest - Apparently, the GameCube version of Twilight Princess will not launch on the same day as the Wii version of Twilight Princess. The GameCube version is said to be released sometime in December (I forgot the exact date). However, the Wii version will launch on the Wii's launch day.

I guess they put priority into getting the game ready for Wii. You can tell they're really dropping the GameCube now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RELEASE DATE: NOVEMBER 19th!

Just in time for thanksgiving and the holiay season. I was hoping for a before-october release, but considering the time it is now, it would be rushed and probably have failed components like the first XBox did.

Besides, it gives me enough time to plan a pre-order and help out my parents rather than have them rush around trying to find one.

The only reason I got a DS easilly was because my stepfather talked to the Gamestop manager at the gamestop I worked at during that year and asked him to hold one for me. I don't work at a gamestop now so that luxery wont work again. I'll just pre-order one. Sure I wont get it until x-mas but hey, it makes it that much more exciting to wait for.

As for the price, $250 really isn't that much. I'm surprised so many people are complaining about it. It's still less than 1/2 the price of the PS3. The DS was $250 and you didn't see many complaints about that. And it was a portable!

Nintendo didn't fail me. I look very much forward to this holiday season.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
There is a good chance that may be wrong. The New York times, which I believe are the ones who pre-emptively announced the November 19th release date have pulled the article from the internet.

Source

In fact, all indication so far points to a Japan release date of December 2nd, it would be interesting if N.A. got it first.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regarding the European release - I'm not believing anything regarding price or launch day until I hear it from Nintendo tomorrow.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
There is a good chance that may be wrong. The New York times, which I believe are the ones who pre-emptively announced the November 19th release date have pulled the article from the internet.

Source

In fact, all indication so far points to a Japan release date of December 2nd, it would be interesting if N.A. got it first.
Actually the Nov. 19th release date IS true as stated in the US conference. I don't know how or why he NYT was informed first, but it turns out that they were right.

Source

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
Even though you may be right, The Delay monster might come back with a vengence.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is definately the gen' I've been waiting for.

I'll certainly be spending some Wii points on specific N64 games (Goldeneye, Starfox, Killer Instinct Gold).

I liked when that guy chose Samuel L for this Mii char presentation, was a clever way to promote that feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom