nintendo ds

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so yeah, i bought an nintendo ds 2 days ago, and i love it!
i own metroid prime hunters atm, and im asking what games are worth buying.
also, is dbz bukuu tougeki 2 worth buying, is it good at all?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean DBZ: Supersonic Warriors 2?

Well, it is pretty fun, for a while, but the gameplay isn't as smooth as the 1st game. Sure, you've got more characters, more moves, better graphics and such, but you are pretty limited to what you can do with Melee. In the first Supersonic Warriors game, you could teleport right next to your opponent, and even deterimine at what angle, but you can't do that in SW 2.

Also, in SW 1, you could use a Dash to get around the arena faster, and as soon as you stopped dashing, you would slowly come to a halt again in a smooth way. In SW 2, you instantly stop. It feels unnatural and it really hinders melee, because you can't dash to your opponent, then use your momentum to glide further.

There's lots of little things like that. I'm a master at SW 1, but I still prefer playing it over SW 2.

SW 2 is fun for a while, but SW 1 has greater depth in its combat system, IMO.

As for other DS titles worth getting:

- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Sonic Rush
- Megaman ZX

Those are must-have titles, in my opinion. o/

There are plenty more, I'm sure, but those are the ones I could think of right now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok ty for hint :D
but i have played the 1st one, and it was damn good, and i still play it with emulator :D
so i guess ill just buy it to ds..
yeah, i was planning to buy that megaman game already, and those sonic games are also good, but i didnt even know that there are any of em for ds..

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
You mean DBZ: Supersonic Warriors 2?

Well, it is pretty fun, for a while, but the gameplay isn't as smooth as the 1st game. Sure, you've got more characters, more moves, better graphics and such, but you are pretty limited to what you can do with Melee. In the first Supersonic Warriors game, you could teleport right next to your opponent, and even deterimine at what angle, but you can't do that in SW 2.

Also, in SW 1, you could use a Dash to get around the arena faster, and as soon as you stopped dashing, you would slowly come to a halt again in a smooth way. In SW 2, you instantly stop. It feels unnatural and it really hinders melee, because you can't dash to your opponent, then use your momentum to glide further.

There's lots of little things like that. I'm a master at SW 1, but I still prefer playing it over SW 2.

SW 2 is fun for a while, but SW 1 has greater depth in its combat system, IMO.

As for other DS titles worth getting:

- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Sonic Rush
- Megaman ZX

Those are must-have titles, in my opinion. o/

There are plenty more, I'm sure, but those are the ones I could think of right now.
I agree. PWAA and Sonic DS, are both essential purchases, in my opinion. You should definitely get those games. I can't say much on Megaman ZX though. I havent played a great Megaman game, since Megaman Legends.

Also, you might want to look into importing. Bleach DS, is a great game as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:O i didnt know that there are any bleach games around! damn im out of these console games :D

Best answers
LegendarY said:
:O i didnt know that there are any bleach games around! damn im out of these console games :D
Im not surprised, that you weren't really aware of any of them. The hype for them, is pretty low(unlike the Naruto and Dragon Ball Z games), considering Bleach DS is the only great Bleach game. All of the others have been relatively horrible. It's a good thing you weren't suckered into buying any of the others yet. The second installment of Bleach DS, will be released in December or January. So if you do plan on purchasing it, wait for the second installment instead.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
4 words.

New Super Mario Bros.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok good info guys, well im planning to buy these atm: bukuu tougeki 2, sonic ds, the bleach 2nd version, Metroid Prime hunters, mario and Advance wars dual strike

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah mario kart rocks with friends. Have a look at 'mario & luigi partners in time' also, it's a really fun little game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
advanced wars dual strike is pwnsauce defined, theres many, many months of replay value in that thing, its insane \o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is a phenomenal game, that is if you can actually find it. It's hard to track down now-a-days. I had to get it off ebay.

Another must buy game is Kirby: Canvas Curse. It's probably the most fun game to be totally centered around the stylus.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I haven't read the other posts here, so sorry for the repeats but here are my 2 cents:

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Pheonix Wright Ace Attorny
Meteos
Dragon Quest Rocket Slime (a TOTAL blast!!!)
Bleach DS (if you like the series at all, import this, it's well worth it :D)
New Super Mario Bros
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
Advance Wars
Age of Empires (if you like advance wars :p)
Soinc Rush
Star Fox Command
MegaMan ZX
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time

Thats it for now i think, there are probably more depending on what type of games you like...and TONS on the way :D.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:D i believe so, i bought yesterday advance wars dual strike and supersonic warriors 2, i like em both very much, next game is sonic i guess :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom