Nintendo DS Lite

Best answers
Interesting. Nintendo indeed makes a lot of money by remaking a product and releasing the better version a while after the first version is released. Considering I don't have a DS, I might give it a go. Was that guy talking to it, or the camera? I thought it had voice recognition or something

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seeing as I don't speak japanese, I fail to understand the differences between the DS and the DS Lite.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no "ds lite". They are just showing off the new TV and internet cartridges. There was a huge press release about it somewhere on thiese forums. The only ds lite is a new model with probally some bug fixes in the software. See how the ds lite has new skins.

#edit# here it is
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=61744

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, the new DS Lite is smaller, lighter, has 5 new levels of adjustable brightness for the display, the touch-screen's construction is a bit different (they're using some different new type of layer to cover it, better than what it was before I think), and the battery life has been vastly improved as well.

A pretty big upgrade if you ask me. And it still does everything a normal DS does too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry but I'm sure they were aware of the limitations of their screen and battery life and screen brightness when they first built it and could have easily dealt with each before the original was released. This is just more dirty soccer mom money.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I could say the same thing about certain other companies. Fact is, all of them are out to make a profit. They're all ripping us off one way or another.

I never found the DS' current limitations to be a source of frustration. I've always enjoyed my DS, and now that the DS Lite will be even better, I'll more than likely get one. I wouldn't dish out 100-something Euros for a machine that isn't improved over its predecessor. Plus, I very much prefer the new design over the old, aside from all the upgrades, so that's a big plus for me as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom