Nintendo Completely Unveils Revolution Info To All..........

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if the GCN can pump out graphics as good as they are in RE4, and the Revo. is 2x as powerful as the GCN, I'd like to see some of the graphics they can pull off for it. But then again, if the 360 and the PS3 are more powerful, they should be able to pump out even better graphics.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2x the power of the Gamecube should be more than sufficient. If there was one thing it ever had no trouble with, it was performance. I can't imagine it needing more than that to do well enough visually.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's face it, most Nintendo games don't NEED to have the PS3's graphical quality. There's only so much you can do to render a Mario model. Throw some extra polies in here, some extra high quality textures there.. but at some point, there's not much more you can do to make him look better, except if you go for a realistic style, but that's not the style that suits Mario, or many of Nintendo's other games (Kirby, for instance). The few series of theirs I can think about that would greatly benefit from uber graphics would be Zelda and Metroid.

I'm happy with 3x the Gamecube's power, and I'll still be happy with 2x the power. Nintendo never promised, to my knowledge, that the Revo would be able to compete with the PS3 and XB360 in terms of graphics power, so that's not what I'm expecting.

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Let's face it, most Nintendo games don't NEED to have the PS3's graphical quality. There's only so much you can do to render a Mario model. Throw some extra polies in here, some extra high quality textures there.. but at some point, there's not much more you can do to make him look better, except if you go for a realistic style, but that's not the style that suits Mario, or many of Nintendo's other games (Kirby, for instance). The few series of theirs I can think about that would greatly benefit from uber graphics would be Zelda and Metroid.
That's true, you can only make most of the games look so much better. But i guess that's when you should start focusing more on realistic environments, story and ect, like the upcoming next gen sonic game, which im just assuming by the way.

But in my opinion, i don't think it's Nintendo games people are worried about. We know how well Nintendo utilize's their hardware, and im sure their games will look better then most, if not most, then some of the games on PS3 and Xbox 360.

It's more or less, the multi platform games alot of people are worried about. How good would Resident Evil 5 look on N-Revolution, compared too the PS3 and Xbox 360...well PS3 anyway ? (Although The Controller would make up for that big time for me.) It would kill alot people too see a friend playing it in all it's glory, and yet, they have to go home and play the worst version out of the 3, and even worse, all on a standard definition TV. What im saying is, they don't have too compete with them, and i don't care if they don't, but offering atleast HD support, might help out alot.

^_^ I know graphical limitations never stopped them in the past, but there were plenty of times, where they did port games too the GC, and it had things taken out that was in the PS2 and Xbox Version. Some even had glitches or ran abit slower then it's PS2 and Xbox Counter Parts. And the GC wasn't even the weakest system of the 3, but now, their in that postion, and it's possible that things could get worst this time around, not only because of the graphical limitations, but the controller as well.

But anyway as you said, im also happy with 3x the Gamecube's power, even though im sure it"ll be more then that. Besides, from what i read somewhere, the GPU that the Revolution GPU is based off of can run Half Life 2 with all effects on at max @ 77 frames a second in 1024x768. That isn't even considering the fact that the Revolution GPU will be far more efficient and will be optimized for performance.

And your right, they never did promise that they would compete with the PS3 and XB360 in terms of graphics power. They just stated that it would be on par with it.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
2x the power of the Gamecube should be more than sufficient. If there was one thing it ever had no trouble with, it was performance. I can't imagine it needing more than that to do well enough visually.
Exactly, which is why the Revolution needs to launch with an FPS, with the controller they have, they just have to, heh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would just be too fscking awesome.

Maybe if they released HL2 for Rev, to work with the contoller. I might buy HL2. :p

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2x the GC... Did any of you ever play starfox adventures, well not play, but look at? I mean 2x that... The grass moved ffs!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wheres_warren said:
2x the GC... Did any of you ever play starfox adventures, well not play, but look at? I mean 2x that... The grass moved ffs!
You could also almost count all the hairs on Fox' fur.

I've never played it, but I hear the graphics were most impressive for a GC game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom