Nintendo 3DS - Got one!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Anyone here on the forums also have a Nintendo 3DS? I just bought one today for my girlfriend as of today we are together for 5 years. There's a large price tag set on it (240 euro) but I find it worth it for my girl :heart:.

My thoughts of the Nintendo 3DS is quite impressive. I really like the 3D screen, even though it's very heavy on your eyes after a while. I also find the card games that comes with it quite funny to play, same with the camera games.

I can really see some awesome games in the future for this little baby.

Just a shame the package didn't come with any game card as the price tags on the games are rather high as well.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For 240 euro's, I'd rather wait for the NGP with it's monster specs.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
For 240 euro's, I'd rather wait for the NGP with it's monster specs.
While I can understand that since it's more powerful. My girlfriend isn't in to that kind of handsets. She prefers to keep things simple, and the PSP is rather complicated. Besides, the PSP (old one) was around 240, right? And the price for the NPG isn't known yet.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's supposed to be like 300 for the WIFI version, and 350 for the 3G enabled version. Sony doesn't want to sell it for more than 350. Still I can understand it wouldn't be much for your girlfriend. Though to be perfectly honest, I think [all] 3D is gimmicky. I personally wouldn't want to spend extra for 3D. I hope it just dies out again, like in the old days. Luckily, the 3DS is already not selling to well (expected initial sales were 750,000, actual sales were around 400,000, still doesn't say that much though). Sorry for downplaying your new toy. :p

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PSP?

Complicated? How...? No offense, but does she have some kind of learning disability? IT should be as simple as the Nintendo 3DS to use.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Games tend to be a lot more complicated on the PSP, more in-depth, gamer-oriented. While the DS-series has an entire range of woman-friendly games.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, then I am the one with the learning disability as I didn't see it like that.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Games tend to be a lot more complicated on the PSP, more in-depth, gamer-oriented. While the DS-series has an entire range of woman-friendly games.
I prefer the DS, mostly because I'm a fan of quite a few Nintendo series. That's Nintendo's selling point, along with the interface. The PSP may be powerful but if I wanted power, I'd play a game on my PC. That's just me though.

Although, admittedly, the 3D is a gimmick. Even the 3D in cinemas is pretty weird.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A friend bought it, right now there's not enough good 3D games around for me to warrant the purchase (if I ever find myself warranting the purchase) OoT3D might be the only thing that forces me to buy it, for now I'm happy enough with my DS XL.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woooo yeah Skyrider. I got a 3DS because I wanted a DS to play Pokemon White, and while I was looking at the DSi, I said **** getting an outdated system I'll just future proof myself with the 3DS. I have a PSP which I feel had a much better lineup of the types of games I play when it first launched. Console-like games on the go? Awesome.

However, the 3DS's bump in graphics, better portability than the PSP and NGP, and the fact that it is a *Nintendo handheld* which I now believe will eventually build up a respectable library, also added influence. It's very portable, the 3D is nice (I too find it incredibly gimmicky and Nintendo needs to tout other features besides the 3D). The NGP may have more games I like, but I can slip my 3DS in to my pocket better than my PSP.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tried it out, the 3D, although not reliant on glasses, still doesn't work for me. Bummer.

However, I never had it in my mind to get a 3DS for the 3D part, anyway. I'm going to keep my eye on it to see what kinds of first-party installments (particularly Metroid!) make it into the lineup. The DS did very well, in that regard, for me. Once it passes into complete obsolescence, then I will consider the 3DS. It's, eventually, bound to get some decent titles, and that's going to be the selling point for me, not the 3D (obviously, since I can't get anything out of that, heh).

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3DS is going to dominate regardless of 3D or graphics. Regardless NGP will fail for a year or 2 because of price point and other foreseeable issues- eventually it will have a good line up of games and start to pick up momentum and sales when it drops in price much like the PS3 / PSP.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the NGP has a very good chance to go strong right off the bat. It's still not that expensive. If the initial NGP will cost only 300 or 350 dollars (depending on what version you get), and they manage to hype it up a bit more, it should have a really nice start.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regardless regardless

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BICEPS METH CRIM

💻 Oldtimer