Nights on Revolution?!

Have You Ever Heard Of/Played NiGHTS?

• Yes, I've played it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've heard of it, but never did play it.

• NiGHTS? Never heard of it, and what's with the excessive capitals?

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
According to the latest issue of Famitsu, the sequel to NiGHTS Into Dreams could make it's way onto the revolution.

http://nintendonow.e-mpire.com/index.php?categoryid=4&m_articles_articleid=3602&PHPSESSID=ecfa0ae41702037ec5d452d0ccd8cef2

I dunno how many of you every played the original, since it was for the Sega Saturn (and I can count all the people I know who have even played a Saturn on one hand), but long story short, it was a fantastic game.

This is all rumor of course, but I wouldn't be too surprised if we do end up seeing a sequel to NiGHTS on the rev. Yuji Naka has always been very leary towards making a sequel to the game. He considers the game to be one of his finest works and believes that he could not improve the game any further (excluding graphics). Though in more recent interviews he has stated that he would make a sequel, but it would have to be absolutely perfect, and only if this opportunity presented itself.

Well I think that opportunity has appeared, in fact, one of the first things I thought when I first saw the Rev controller was "Man, playing NiGHTS with this thing would be the funnest thing ever!"

So ya, even the slightest bit of news about a new NiGHTS game sends me into a fanboy frenzy, and the very thought of it on the Revolution gives me instant joygasms.

Actually, I wanna add a poll to this too. Have any of you even heard of the game before? Have any of you played it?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I own NiGHTS into Dreams... for Saturn. I loved the game. NiGHTS actually was 'remade'--sort of. Ever heard of Sega Superstars, the game for the PS2 EyeToy device? There's a NiGHTS aspect to it. In any case, I would love a sequel for the Revolution.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That game was way ahead of its time. It did things on the Saturn that people are only just now getting into, years after the fact.

But that's Sega for you. You know we all talk about what Nintendo and Sony and Microsoft do/don't do for the industry but really the roots of console gaming's technological strides come pretty fully from Sega, and Nights was one of the prime examples of that.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That game was amazing. Not only was it one of the best games on the Sega saturn, it was one of the best games ever made. I sure hope theres a sequel.

Best answers
i had/have a saturn and i sadly never played this game, i always wanted to i jus tnever got around to it.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved Nights! If my Saturn were working properly, I'd still be playing it today. The game had such an incredible freedom and "freshness" about it that I can't say I've seen in any other game since.

...and I'm still upset that I lost the chance to try the "Christmas" version of the game.

It's good to hear that it might make a comeback!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This got me thinking, Sega better put Saturn games up for download for the Revolution's Virtual Console. I don't have a Saturn anymore, so I can't play NiGHTS, or any other sweet saturn games like Panzer Dragoon. I would be all over them if they had them up for grabs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never had a Saturn, but I hear there's tons of fun games for it, so I hope the Rev might get Saturn support too, although I doubt it. :x

I've never played NiGHTs either, I'd love to try it if there's gonna be a sequel to it. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom