NFL 2011 Season

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
It's that time of year again! Do we have any NFL fans here? If so who's your team and how did you do in the Free Agency Period? Pre-Season starts tomorrow and I'm really excited!

I'm a Baltimore Ravens fan, and we're hurting for a WR staff (aside from Boldin) but we patched up our O-line and I can't wait to see what happens this year.

The only super active NFL fan on these boards I know of is Synth, so if no one else is onboard I can just get an admin to change the thread title to "Synth and Eon whine about their football teams"

also, to avoid the posts in any NFL thread on the internet, I don't care that it's not 'real' football (that one sport where the guys kick a ball around, I hear it's pretty big outside of the United States?). And if you want to talk about how rugby is more badass than make a rugby thread.

Philly's looking good this year, but they are this generations Buffalo Bills and always implode near the postseason (like my Ravens do... :( )

so who is your team and do you think they'll do anything this year?

also if you're a Steelers fan I look forward to our meeting in week 1!

Go Ravens!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't wait to see how my Steelers do this Season!

My City's team is still looking like its going to go 0-99 this year. Panthers that is.

Last edited:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
You guys had a lot of in'n'out on the O-line during the offseason. It'll be tough facing yo guys without Todd Heap, because he pwned your defense. You guys are still undefeated against us when Rapistberger starts, I see us splitting the division this year like we always do.

Then again Todd Heap misses seasons by the half because he's so fragile, so I'll take a 2nd year TE that doesn't get hurt all the time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys had a lot of in'n'out on the O-line during the offseason. It'll be tough facing yo guys without Todd Heap, because he pwned your defense. You guys are still undefeated against us when Rapistberger starts, I see us splitting the division this year like we always do.

Then again Todd Heap misses seasons by the half because he's so fragile, so I'll take a 2nd year TE that doesn't get hurt all the time.
I gotta say, If we still had an uninjured Troy Polamalu, we would have one of the best defensive players of the new age. About 3 or 4 years ago, when you see a Steelers defense game, he would always be in the at the end of the play.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I gotta say, If we still had an uninjured Troy Polamalu, we would have one of the best defensive players of the new age. About 3 or 4 years ago, when you see a Steelers defense game, he would always be in the at the end of the play.

Even now he's still an amazing player. Him coming in untouched and stripping the ball from flacco got you guys the division and the #2 seed in the playoffs last year was insane. Baltimore's problem is we kept falling apart in the 4th quarter last year (seriously, we had a 3 possession lead on you guys in divisionals and still lost)

but we cut alot of the old guys nad have some young free agents in, so hopefully I'll have a team that can play an entire game this year.

Last edited:
Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Word. My wife calls Polamalu her bruddah. He is some serious dynamo on the field, he flies out of nowhere.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh man, Polamalu is my hero in sports though. I haven't heard much from TO, whining and all trying to get attention.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously. His hair has 4 Jet engines in it that gives him the boost he needs.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Fun fact: The shampoo company that has Troy's endorsement has his hair insured.

Best answers
Hey if you guys are talkin football I have to be in the mix......teams the Indiannapolis Colts......but unfortunately we let go of one of the best players in the league(when healthy) Bob "the hitman" Sanders........but we picked up Tommie Harris and Ernie Sims so the defense will be improved.(I hope)........but anyways we are always a lock to win it all as long as Peyton Manning's under center!!!!!!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Hey if you guys are talkin football I have to be in the mix......teams the Indiannapolis Colts......but unfortunately we let go of one of the best players in the league(when healthy) Bob "the hitman" Sanders........but we picked up Tommie Harris and Ernie Sims so the defense will be improved.(I hope)........but anyways we are always a lock to win it all as long as Peyton Manning's under center!!!!!!
Manning's awesome, however he still has not practiced with the team and he's had surgery in the offseason. I'm sure he'll be good ol' Peyton but we'll see what's up with him.

I'm still sad that the one opportunity we had with a Pittsburghless playoff round 2 years ago and you guys pwned my Ravens :(

Also Houston might do something this year so heads up in your division :O (then again everyone thinks Houston will do something every year...)

Best answers
Oh yeah I always envisioned a dream secondary of safetys that have troy and bob back there!!!!!
No reciever would ever go acrosss the middle!!!!!!

---------- Double Post below was added at 12:41 PM has been merged with this post created 12:37 PM ----------

Can't wait to see how my Steelers do this Season!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/santoniocatchwmv.gif

My City's team is still looking like its going to go 0-99 this year. Panthers that is.
and I thought I was going to have the worst hometown team comin into this thread but luckily that distinction goes to you.......my hometown team isn't far behind though.....the sorry redskins

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Sun. Dec. 11* INDIANAPOLIS COLTS M&T BANK STADIUM 1:00 p.m.

you guys will be coming to B-more in december. By then we'll be contending for playoff spots so this will be a fun one.

also lolz@ panthers and redskins.

Rex Grossman lolz

Clausenlols

Last edited:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Our pass rush is looking better in Baltimore. And now with lee Evans, we have more than one able receiver to help us out, our offense would actually be pretty dangerous looking if we can fix our O-line up. Luckily, Pittsburgh is having the same problem.

Ugh, I'm still nervous about the season opener, Pittsburgh is our only roadblock. Hoepfully, now that Joe Flacco has more control of the offense we can keep our horrible OC Cam Cameron from ****ing up too much.

as far as divisional competition goes, I think Synth has a little more to be nervous about. The NFC south (aside form carolina lolz) is going to be a tough division this year. Tampa's going to be brutal. You guys just gotta win your divisionals to get one up on the saints and the bucs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom