Next ESF patch: More beams, less melee!

Should the focus of the game change?

• YES - More usage of beams!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES - More usage of melee! (this should get 0 votes...)

• NO - i like it the way it is

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont get ppl like you. Why the hell do you want this mod to
only focus on beams. People that complain about Melee are
hypocrites cause then when they transform they spam the
entier level w/ Kamehameha/Final Flash and kill ppl from a distance
with one hit.

Melee is weak as hell and its usefull because when your enemy
is about to transform you can quickly stop him from doing it.
While you tryo to pull that off with a genki dama... your enemy is
already transformed and your sent to hell.

end of story. MeLee is way more better than throwing beams
all the time. Its more fun and im tired of hearing 5+ ppl playing as
Gokou or Krillin saying Kamehameha all at the same time it sounds
like their trying to freestyle.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee is the skillful aspect of this game. Granted, there's some skill in beaming, but there's so much more skill in a melee battle than any beam fight.

Just look at what alpha battles were: A bunch of dudes all flying around getting into powerstruggles, and whenever someone fired at someone else, there was always someone behind him to blow him up as well. People would rely on their opponents to be completely ignorant of them in order to win. Duels were a joke. Just shooting, pre-detonating, teleporting, over and over.

It was so much about PL back then. Now it's more about your skill as a melee fighter. Now beams are merely a thing which enables you to express and utilize your PL to your advantage, so that it isn't absolutely pointless to have a high PL. Beams give PL purpose, basically, that's what they're good for. They're tossed into combat now and then, like when an enemy is on the ground, or far away, etc etc, but it's not like it's very hard to use beams. It's better that melee is so important; its harder for a true pro to be surpassed as there's so much more ground to cover than with beams alone.

Best answers
I'm better than most people in melee because I almost always win.

Hitokiri, maybe you see someone on the radar coming towards you from behind in the middle of a battle well I don't, and most people don't.
Wouldn't it be only a little better when the melee flying would be like a red line behind the enemy. that'll be noticed easier and it's not that hard to make right??

I'm pretty sure a lot of people here would like that idea, of not give me one good reason why you wouldn't like that. (and don't come with "I like it as it is" S***T)

Best answers
1. N00bs shut up
2. If u Biatch about melee ur a n00b, end of story. so says the rest of mankind
3. 2nd let me explain something to u about the series (WHICH THIS GAME IS TRYING TO MIMIC EXACTLY)
Characters in the series dont just TRY To win as some n00bs who play this game do.
If u notice battle after battle. the more powerful of the two flaunts his power dodging all opponents moves. slamming the opponent with ease. Characters in this series also Challenge eachother's power. They dont just blast away in an attempt to kill.
Vegeta shot Final flash at cell to Challenge him, Cell accepted. Cell didnt just dodge and attack. PLAYERS AT THIS GAME WILL GET MORE POWER STRUGGLES IF U PLAY TO CHALLENGE That ur better....Not to SCORE POINTS
Sometimes its smart to let ur opponent charge up a kamehameha So u can showoff by dodging or by Challenging his beam with ur own. Sometimes ur opponent wont just destruct the beam near u to kill u He'll try and hit u point blank and see what u'll try to do. Everysingle one of my matches wit non n00bs have been fun, true to the series. FUN finishes like a Powerstruggle after knocking my opponent far away taht ends up in both of us turning SSJ during hte power struggle and blowing the entire level.
Have fun, Dont N00b (spam easy tactics to win), Challenge eachother's moves. Dodge melee. Shoot Beams back at opponents with PS's Do all the fun stuff. it doesnt have to be accidental.

Best answers
oh yeah and dood buy a quad of speakers. and use a good sound card. anyone coming at me from behind i hear their swoop and automatically dodge. ever think of trying that. Welcome to the miracle of Environmental sound for example Dolby Digital.

Best answers
Hehe I was doing that just a moment ago, heard someone coming from behind me and noticed it was 2 people.. So i teleported away and took them both out. 1 in melee while still dodgeing the other trying to hit me, after the first 1 was down, i meleed the other guy knocking him to the floor, giving me time to charge up a Kamehameha to finally kill him... Was great fun lasted about 4 to 5 minutes.

But when people moan about melee or beams, its just means they can't play the game. I've been playing it for about 4 or 5 days and i'm still learning to get the melee and beam attacks perfect but i love having a challange with some who is good in melee, i have to say when i start i sucked at melee, but now i have gained more skill in it.

The game is more fun for everyone if they can melee and beam because then it doesnt become boring.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [TITAN]Omega
oh yeah and dood buy a quad of speakers. and use a good sound card. anyone coming at me from behind i hear their swoop and automatically dodge. ever think of trying that. Welcome to the miracle of Environmental sound for example Dolby Digital.
And I thought I was the only smart person using this tactic :p
I dont rely on the radar much cept to find my enemies when ever
I wanna keep fighting. But I always teleport out of the way when
I hear swooping from behind me and I cant see a thing

Best answers
this game is made from the half-life engine so a lot of people can play this game.
Do you really think we all have the money for buying a expensive soundcard and stuff like that, or even install it NO

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
More Melee so you can bust the moves on people! Joe should spend a year just adding things to Melee. So we can perform like monster combos and rip each others heads off!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know about you guys. But I would LOVE to see
"Meteo Combo's", Super Butouden 2 Style. I love playing Super
Butouden 2 because of the meteo combo's. So l337, all it does is
envolve teleporting while you just sit back and your player automatically
beats the crap out of his opponent in mid air and then finishes off
his combo by throwing ppl down.

Jk

Best answers
Melee rocks.. ^_^ beams are the lights.. together they are a concert.. In other words.. i think melee should stay as it is.

It would be even better if they could put in a melee struggle as most people here have suggested already. I can barely remember how many times i swooped right by a swooping opponent, if instead we had gotten into some sort of melee struggle when swooping eachother it would be alot more fun.

And about melee being boring, i never had so much fun as when i swoop in against an opponent that does the same, chasing a opponent and know we are both hell bent on trying to outsmart eachother.. (LMAO) I seen quite a few tricks already, even though i just played online today. So its no more fun than you make it, its up to you if you want to be repetive with it or not.

Beam attacks just don`t have the same adrenaline kick in it as the swoop fighting has in my opinion, i mean hell you move like at supersonic speed and knock your opponent across whole maps. Not to mention it looks awesome to watch peeps meleeing. Finally you get a diffrent kind of challenge when meleeing..

Well sure it has its downsides, like when you get ganged up at. But hey its something you gotta take.. if you get ganged up at chances are you are playing a team deathmatch game.. Well guess what.. stay with your other team members and dun go off playing Rambo. They just might help you out sometimes, happend plenty of times for me.

Also its very easy to be ganged up at with beams too, not to mention i find it much harder to survive a ganged up beam party than a melee.

If you complain about being ganged up on when you charge straight into an opposing teams spawning spot.. well you need to think again.

As for beams i have nothing against it, really its kewl to get into a power struggle. What is the downside about beams is when people start using the same beam over and over, not only does it give new spawned players a small chance of surviving, but its downright boring.

And finally to anyone that uses just melee or beam attacks.. Um please don`t get so predictable ^^0 If you keep meleeing or beaming the challenge goes away, its more of an annoyance. If you like to just do beams or melee, then make a server with that as its name or something. I love to switch between them both when the idea comes..

Oh and thoose that complain about being meleed give you no chance to respond if you use beams.. Try blocking, hit them back with melee and switch to any beam attack while keeping your aim at their last position, then just charge and fire. I tried this with Kamehameha... and about 80 percent of the times i did it i nailed the opponent in his face as he swooped in. Just don`t overuse it and think the opponent will not learn. And sometimes they recover too fast and will swoop in just before you fire off, depends on the beam you use too you know.

^^0 um i am rambling.. gotta stop.. (Dashes off)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
in the show, melee is used a LOT. beams are used as a last desperate attack, or when the other person was knocked into the floor. this has been inplemented into esf quite nicely :)

Best answers
I dont know about you guys but I dont start using beams until I transform except for maybe some Kamehameha's and KiBlob's, but other than that its all melee till' i knock em' out then I shoot a beam at em'.

And I know that it's stupid for me to say this cause I'm sounding like some god, but for christ's sake people, if someone is meleeing the hell outta u maybe you should either beam em' or learn melee urself! I mean, they designed it so that stuff can be countered...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously, it's so much cooler when a server has people that like melee, rather than:

Everyone's transformed on cell_day, so the two teams end up on opposite sides of the map, reinacting the revolutionary war with kamehameha's, final flashes, and spirit bombs. It's BORING AS HELL.

It's funny and cool sometimes when Buu fires a mouthbeam and takes out 3 people at once or whatever, but the game is just stupid when you have 3 gohans sitting in the corner of esf_river who just wanna shoot big kamehamehas at people, and nothing else. Even if you're kicking their ass or what.

Best answers
okay since i've bottled this up so long i gotta say it.

First of all, beams and melee are fine. There are some people who use more beams, there are some who use more melee. I use both evenly, hit the guy to the ground a few times, kamehameha him, for an example.

Now, for those who say people are beam noobs, your stupid. For those who say people are melee noobs, your also stupid.

For those who say 'no hitting while transforming or charging' you people are the worst players on earth, your terrible, and you shouldn't play the game.

It's pathetic if you cant transform or charge up without that stupid rule protecting you. I get kicked out of countless servers because I either kick the crap out of everyone really fast and take the lead, or i 'attack someone while they are charging'. It is stupid, if the team didnt want you getting hit while you were doing that they'd have made you invincible, this isnt the show where i sit there going 'oh... he's powering up... better... stand here'

Beams and melee are fine the team did an amazing balance job. kudos.

Best answers
moor beamz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! moooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeee more more more MUAHAHHA!
MOOR MOORMORE

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
generally, since i have only a 56k modem, and get pings from 400 up, in the once in a great while for the two minutes that I attempt to play online, i really am limited only to beams. BUT... when i play on my Lan either with bots or friends, i love using melee and beams and mixing it all up. i like it just the way it is. i think its really funny when somebody gets smacked when shooting a kamehameha or something, and you get this wicked shaped trail because they freak out and spin their mouse and the trail also follows the fighter.. eh?

Best answers
1.1 will have the option in console for servers to take off meele or leave it on.. and the game is fine how it is.

Best answers
I few some pages, about page four I started marking posts, And let me say, All of the posts under "bad posts" are by abused ducky, or mostly.

I heard some people say that melee is used more in de Anime serie than Beams, that's true.
But let's face it, It's A F***ing game it should be playable, not exactly like the anime serie it's impossible.

I played the game for some time now, and in the beginning it really Rocked!!!!! but now i't's really starting to get boring, and not because of the maps or something like that (I play CS everyday) it's because of that stupid melee.

melee should stay the same in the game but it should be extremely less powerfull, that's my opinion.
There are a lot of Melee only guys, who are extremely annoying with that melee only crap.
And let's not mention that F***ed up Double team ****, when you melee with someone and another guy keeps ramming you from behind.

So the option for this melee thing is really easy: MAKE IT LESS POWERFULL

- if it's even more less powerfull people will start using more beams.

- Melee should be something to get that guy away from you or make sure he doesn't make that spirit bomb.

p.s. i have no idea how to fix the double team melee thing

I find beams more useful for taking out people with a spirit bomb, And melee "is" weak, it does about ten damage when you hit someone, The real damage comes in when they hit the ground/wall (I read this somewhere, can't remember at the moemnt). Next up, "more less powerfull" is one of the most idiotic things i've ever heard, and i've heard alot.

Hell it's not Balanced n00b, it's only balanced for people who use melee and ki.
the only problem is those melee only guys, i don't mind the 50/50 people at all.

Melee should be restricted to a sort amount of hits per life (for example) that'll take care of all the melee spammers.

or another option is to make the Radar detect people flying towards you in melee mode with another kind of color or something else. Just like in the Real Anime serie you sense your enemy's

p.s. sorry for my bad english [/qoute]

I'm sorry that's just stupid why on earth would you limit it to X hits per life? and melee spammers? you can't spam melee, You can sit next to someone and hold melee, but a good player will knock your ass into the wall then kiblob you to death. And then the radear does detect people flying towards you, And one thing they could do to help this problem is make the radar show a large radius so they you have more then a spilt second to see the guy charging you.

good posts.

theres no such thing as melee spam, just becuase you suck at it, thats why u want it changing, practice more. It alreadys costs a bag full of energy to use melee, and people use it more as they find it and effective and challenging way to fight, its fun trying to outsmart/outmove your opponent, which is what happens in dbz, so stop winging and practice at it a bit, and watch what the better people do, thats what i did, and now i can handle my self to a certain extent in melee, and i actually thoroughly enjoy it.

The only issue i have is with vegetas gallic gun beam, its too weak and slow charging compared to the khh, it just makes it unfair, and then everybody just khh spams with goku, im not too fussed about that, because they are the ones who cant melee, and i can beat them :p
sorry no name with this one, I don't feel like going back through seven pages to look up who posted this, but correct, Melee is alot of skill, beams involve sit, charge, fire, rense, and repeat.
Proud Prince

I dont get ppl like you. Why the hell do you want this mod to
only focus on beams. People that complain about Melee are
hypocrites cause then when they transform they spam the
entier level w/ Kamehameha/Final Flash and kill ppl from a distance
with one hit.

Melee is weak as hell and its usefull because when your enemy
is about to transform you can quickly stop him from doing it.
While you tryo to pull that off with a genki dama... your enemy is
already transformed and your sent to hell.

end of story. MeLee is way more better than throwing beams
all the time. Its more fun and im tired of hearing 5+ ppl playing as
Gokou or Krillin saying Kamehameha all at the same time it sounds
like their trying to freestyle.
Kamahamaha spam is horrible, i'm tired of trying to fight down a guy on a server to have some lil moron with a 3/10 count knock me out with a beam cause i'm dealing with another guy, but that's how you use beams, I need to improve my skills, it isn't his fault, nor the teams I get hit with beams, so i don't go posting how beams suck and should be changed.

Hitokiri

Seriously, it's so much cooler when a server has people that like melee, rather than:

Everyone's transformed on cell_day, so the two teams end up on opposite sides of the map, reinacting the revolutionary war with kamehameha's, final flashes, and spirit bombs. It's BORING AS HELL.

It's funny and cool sometimes when Buu fires a mouthbeam and takes out 3 people at once or whatever, but the game is just stupid when you have 3 gohans sitting in the corner of esf_river who just wanna shoot big kamehamehas at people, and nothing else. Even if you're kicking their ass or what
Agreed.

Shadowace

okay since i've bottled this up so long i gotta say it.

First of all, beams and melee are fine. There are some people who use more beams, there are some who use more melee. I use both evenly, hit the guy to the ground a few times, kamehameha him, for an example.

Now, for those who say people are beam noobs, your stupid. For those who say people are melee noobs, your also stupid.

For those who say 'no hitting while transforming or charging' you people are the worst players on earth, your terrible, and you shouldn't play the game.

It's pathetic if you cant transform or charge up without that stupid rule protecting you. I get kicked out of countless servers because I either kick the crap out of everyone really fast and take the lead, or i 'attack someone while they are charging'. It is stupid, if the team didnt want you getting hit while you were doing that they'd have made you invincible, this isnt the show where i sit there going 'oh... he's powering up... better... stand here'

Beams and melee are fine the team did an amazing balance job. kudos.
PREACH BROTHER!!!, now that i've said that, I'll say this: Melee gains you very little PL while beams will give you a ****load more, faster, and i only play on esforces.com servers, Good ping + no idiots Kicking/banning cause I own them, which is very nice, And when you're charging your beam, or your ki up, Learn to be fast, hell, I get meleed alot when i'm teleporting away/recharging my ki, But then there's other times where i'm fast enough and get away long enough and end up with half my bar of ki and end up killing the guy which is always fun, Good post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom