Next ESF patch: More beams, less melee!

Should the focus of the game change?

• YES - More usage of beams!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES - More usage of melee! (this should get 0 votes...)

• NO - i like it the way it is

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
then wouldnt it be a good idea not to call them stupid morons
saying "u just dont like it cos u suck" puts them down as morons in my book

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well u dont need to openly flame them

Best answers
damn i dont understand why people post just to call eachother stupid, like everybodys gonna be like, wow that guys right were all stupid, he must be full of intellect.
but anyways, i think this game IS fine for the moment, yes it is annoying playing with 4 people and 2 of them keep hitting u repeatedly but once u learn how to avoid getting hit around its alot more fun, and im not makin my final decision until this melee stuff metro told me about comes up, and in spite of its few short comings, this game is better than any other dbz game ive ever played, including the ps and snes games

Best answers
yes more beams less melee! umm and its not 50/50 beams and melee its 90% melee and 10% beams u have to be blind to not notice that

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Personally I like the Melee, if it can get any better then I'm all for it. About the only thing I don't like is the targeting reticle, if there was someway of un-locking someone after you had locked on then I'd be happy.

Its just that I've often targeted one person, saw that they were already fighting someone in melee and wasn't able to un-lock for a few frantic seconds of avoiding eveyone else.

Best answers
hell no melee is needed more than beams is, melee is too easy to use and even though its kind of cool its kind of plain it needs combos and other stuff and smash hits which we use now should be made harder to use. And beams dont take long to make so thats not much of a prob. Melee is cool but it should require more kill not just click click and an occasional q. I dont understand why people complain that its too hard its actually too easy.

Best answers
Well the system is ok but, I think yes that the melee fight is way to quick..

When you watch DBZ there is allot of melee, close combat punching and kicking and yes an occasional hit and fly across the ground.. but now all that is happening is that you get hit once and you fly across the map.

This should not be so because i have seen that people just spam the melee hits.. and i almost never see any beam action. :\ Or if you try to fight strait melee fighters off with beams you will fail every time.

So i would like to see beams changed and or the melee system refined.. If it’s a stamina bar added or just less getting hit and flying across the map and more just punching and kicking.

Other then that the mod is solid :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its called a beta people

not finished

Best answers
i think you shoudl make the gallit gun and the generic beams a bit more powerful the only way to hit a SSJ when you swoop them is the generic the others take to long so that's why

Best answers
i beleive we all lost sight of what ol hib said, i just realized, look where most beta 1's are, this is about beta 2 or 3 quality compared to most mods, so i know most people r trying to help, but think, if u noticed it, the team has too, so im not gonna worry about this

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
indeed everyone has no faith in the team and thinks with out constant flows of input they will ruin the mod

so please people give the team some credit they know what there doing

Best answers
How about making REGUALR meele, and swoop meele and some other type of form as a Super Meele Move or something like that.

There should also be some way to burst off ground when flying off ground (like in the show when they burrst off ground and start flying.... not to be confused by jumping.. 2 different things)

Best answers
some thing should be done about block cuz most of the time i see ppl just sittin there blocking ... wen u attack them they counter or teleport... its ***in LAME!!!

Best answers
Originally posted by Gotenks Unlim
id like more melee if it was more hand to hand, not just knockbacks
Same, melee combos would be pretty nice in esf, fist to fist struggles would be quite intresting.

Best answers
Originally posted by Trunks Shadow
Well the system is ok but, I think yes that the melee fight is way to quick..

When you watch DBZ there is allot of melee, close combat punching and kicking and yes an occasional hit and fly across the ground.. but now all that is happening is that you get hit once and you fly across the map.

This should not be so because i have seen that people just spam the melee hits.. and i almost never see any beam action. :\ Or if you try to fight strait melee fighters off with beams you will fail every time.

So i would like to see beams changed and or the melee system refined.. If it’s a stamina bar added or just less getting hit and flying across the map and more just punching and kicking.

Other then that the mod is solid :)

Ya but when u think about it the speed where ure swooping on its gonna make a person fly. I say for close quarters combat if u dont have any1 locked that the secondary fire is used as just kicks and punches and the current melee is if u wanna chase some1 down

Also we know its beta 1, but if every1 is saying everything is fine when its not the team would have false sense of whats happening, doesnt the team have a right to know? The mainpage has listed the bugs that the public has found and investigating, im impressed from the team that is working hard to fix these things so quickly.

Also i came up with the suggestion that lock on should be a button. That way ure making room for advanced melee and maybe regular melee. i dont know what advanced is yet, so i dont know if its some kindve power struggle or a close melee attack....

Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba
Do you actually watch the show?!?!

Smacktalk and grim stares 40%, Melee 50%, beams and other attacks of desperation 10%.

Go watch the show, from Dragonball to Dragonball Z, and tell me melee doesn't happen all the time o_O
ok true, but it would have been a let down, for example, in the cell saga if gohan killed perfect cell by flying into him. his kamehameha was the way to go.

perhaps another reason why beams arent used too much: the HL engine was never made for these sized maps (due to the scale-down), so because of this scale down, it can be hard to judge how close your beam is to your opponent (i dont know about u lot, but when i self-destruct a beam to try and get a frag; it often turns out that the opponent is much further away fom the beam than expected)

oh and i think the idea of a melee-stamina bar is a really good idea.

P.S. apart from my thoughts on the super-fast melee system, i thought the team did a bang-up job on the beta. well played lads.

Best answers
I just started playin this game like 12 hours ago and 6 horus of that time i've been playin. I'm addicted like a herion addict to this game. But my point is, i've learned how to balance my attacks of beams and melee... I always melee the guy pull out the little energy ballz that blow up and start throwin them at there motionless corpse... the end... then i have enough time to power up and charge a beam and shoot it straight down the respawns throat when he charges at me! I WIN!!! Its sll about when and where u do things.

But the one thing I think they need to change, is the ability not to move while movin a beam around... ur a sittin duck! There should be 2 ways to fire a beam (if there is i'm a n00b) one way just fires straight and the other way u can curve it... that way u can fire the straight beam realy fast and move outa the way and then charge the guy with melee as the beam gets to him. This would step the game up SO MUCH!

holla

ced

Best answers
it's fine the way it is,melee is relaly nice,and makes the game really"speed" and dynamic.

Best answers
I find it amusing actually. I join a server and see everyone using melee. I just give a smile. I go to the top of the map out of harms way and blow them all across the map with my beam attack. Wanna know what happens next? I get called a cheater. Hehe, I find it funny that there are these people that use melee all the time only to be blown away by me.

Try my technique guys. It works!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom