Next ESF patch: More beams, less melee!

Should the focus of the game change?

• YES - More usage of beams!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES - More usage of melee! (this should get 0 votes...)

• NO - i like it the way it is

• Total voters
Best answers
I reckon for the next beta/patch for ESF, the game should focus less on melee by either:

decreasing speed of the swoop, or

making a successful melee attack only push you against a wall/floor 20% of the time (for the other 80%, just have the opponent nudged back), or

having a recovery period after using the melee

why? cos lets face it - the best thing about Dragonball Z is the over-the-top-mega-powerful beam attacks, and the beams in ESF are sweet-as-candy, but id say the action is 80% melee, 20% beams. people dont usually use beams a lot (or if they do, they are probably propping up the bottom of the scoreboard)

So whad'dya think? more beams, more melee (fool!), or keep it the same.

Rational people only need apply (no 'esf-is-my-life-and-i-wouldnt-change-anything' people please)

Best answers
The way it is is fine, maybe more beams to shoot but if you dont like the melee then you must not be good at countering it.

Best answers
actually its fine the way it is, i do about 50 /50 in beam and melee. Im hoping they add melee struggling. That would make it even better.

Best answers
Whats the point of making a poll if you tell everyone not to pick some of the choices o_o , anyway its fine as it is, melee is used more in the show then beams (just alittle more though), i kinda wish i could use beams more instead of having to use melee. But once you get used to melee its fine.

Best answers
how about a stamina bar for melee? so if its empty you can´t melee for some time till its full again...

Best answers
i love the idea that, in melee you wont always get flown in the obilion..

i think it should be a % chance in health that you will get knocked down and hit the ground/wall

otherwise it should be like they get hit back a couple feet or something...

Best answers
It'd be nice if they reduced the swoop speed a bit - I'm just thinking ahead here. They go mad speeds now, so just imagine what Ultimate/Super Buu and ssj3 Goku will be like later on if they keep swoop speed the same!

Apart from that - all good, as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure melee struggles will make it more interesting as well.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by SSJ Strife
why? cos lets face it - the best thing about Dragonball Z is the over-the-top-mega-powerful beam attacks, and the beams in ESF are sweet-as-candy, . . .
Do you actually watch the show?!?!

Smacktalk and grim stares 40%, Melee 50%, beams and other attacks of desperation 10%.

Go watch the show, from Dragonball to Dragonball Z, and tell me melee doesn't happen all the time o_O

Best answers
Originally posted by Mystic Snidely
It'd be nice if they reduced the swoop speed a bit
Actually if swoop was decreased that would take the fun out of the speed of the game and melee would be worse usin slow swoop speed. I dont want something perfect to be changed into something that isnt as good. If the speed of swoop was reduced for the low pl players then that would make it more difficult and uneven for them to have a fair fight with the higher pl peeps .

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the game is perfect right now, melee is great, i actually think they shud ad some sorta other melee powerstruggle where to ppl lock up and become engaged in some sort of spar where the winner pushes the loser back

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I voted more usage of melee :shocked:

yea I know..

the problem with melee is that, for 1vs1 it's countered way too easy!! Most of the time when I play against my friend there´s a lock between us. If we melee, then just block melee block melee and so on. and... it takes ages to end. But with the beams we´re actually really fighting, especially with the smaller blasts it works perfectly...

Maybe I should have voted leave it the way it is then o_O

well I just like it the way it is really... it just rocks the way it is, leave it this way I think..

grtz Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont like the beta cos its boring...

edit: in reply to the 2nd post, bull****.

Im sorry but ppl dont hate things just cos they are bad at it, thats just a losers way of saying "hey im right u know, cos im like, wonderfull, and so i will just say your crap"

:S i said my thing, not posting here anymore... not that i play esf now

Best answers
ok please....the melee pwns and just b/c you suck with it doesn't make it ***

and cucumba is right

they use beams like 10% of the time or less......they don't just sit there shooting off beams all over the place....

they only use beams when the other guy was down or when it was in desperation

which is JUST like the beta....i knock someones ass to the floor and shoot a beam at them....

its EASY

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
people arnt supost to be useing beams non stop

and melee will only get used more once advanced melee gets in

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Slash
ok please....the melee pwns and just b/c you suck with it doesn't make it ***

FOR ****S SAKE , did not even read what i said? bah i give up... your all stupid morons.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no reason to prevoke it farther

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
no reason to prevoke it farther
*shrugs* whatever, im trying to help, if ppl dont want to post any bad points about beta cos they are frightened of being called a n00b or something, then the beta will not get any better:\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then wouldnt it be a good idea not to call them stupid morons

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom