News Update

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only possible thing to do for modeln00bs (like me) will be editing the skin a little with PS and that it :-(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I have seen them ingame.

::EDIT::

Perhaps someone from the team could show a better picture of them, instead of it being on gray, or whatever is making it so pixilated. It might change my mind. But other then that. Yeah, I don't like them.
Your wish is my command:

8XSAA for your viewing pleasure to remove the pixilation. If that's not good enough, I could bump it up to 16X.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
If you "ask us to crit" then say "we won't change anything" that's being, oh jee let me think, hypocrytical?
Not really considering I didn't ask anyone to crit these... So you saying that isn't it being, oh jee let me think, ignorant?

These aren't posted on the main page for crits, they are posted to show our progress. If I post it on the forum, crits welcome. Main page? Why would you crit and expect to be taken seriously?

You wanna crit, that's fine. You wanna call it crap? Then when I don't litsen to you don't whine about us not litsening to people. I litsen to almost everyone who gives me crits, just not the the people who are talking out of their ass.

What you're doing is basically telling a chef how digusting his food tastes and expecting him to make you something else. Where the hell do you even begin to get that kind of logic?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omg u guys already stated your opinion... gg and kama made the models, so you dont' like them, just deal with it. and besides, it's ultimately up to them if they want to listen to crits or not.. once they give an answer just deal with it... even though the answer may have been harshly done, it would also be nice if the answer wasn't one to provoke

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, what we're doing is telling the chef that we didnt want our steak burnt. We'd like it well done.

Best answers
Ok well here is what i have to say:

For those who are bashing these modelers, you are very very rude... I mean these guys are working their ass's off to make models so the community can enjoy this game.... if you find something that you dont like about it.. dont bash the model and say omg it sucks... you are going too far... These guys are not even getting payed for their work...

As for the modelers i respect you... sure i found some things i did not like, but at the end, it looks alot better than the current Buu and Goku models... and for those who dont like it, feel free to make you OWN model, or get other goku models from www.es-world.com....

Come on people... have some respect...

My rating: Goku: 8.2/10...
Buu: 9.0/10

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to say this once - only once, and this concerns all of you - team members, testers, and general public.

You will cease the bickering now. There is no place for that on these forums, no matter what the case may be. If you want to comment on the models, you are free to. However, there is no policy, set in stone, about the team having to acknowledge those criticisms. On the other hand, there is no policy stating that people cannot voice their opinions about the models.

You don't like the models? Live with it. People had issues with the models from the early beta days, too. Personal preferences are a very difficult thing to design for when you have a community as massive as this one. If you cannot accept that, then that is your problem, not the team's. Finding something that you, personally, do not like on a model/skin is not an excuse to make demands of the team, let alone begin to make the snide remarks you did toward them. Have some respect. At the very least, appreciate the style of the model - even if you dislike that style, you should still be able to see how others may like it. If you are unable to see things like that, then you are in no position to mouth off.

If you want to talk about how Kama and GG are going to take crits, you can do it in private. As far as I can tell, this is another area where you guys are incapable of "ascending" to the level of maturity needed to discuss the issue.

Now grow up - all of you.

EDIT - Just to be perfectly clear, that means you should continue posting about the models. If you don't like them, leave it at that. If you want to make comments about where the model can be improved, that is your perogative. But do not let me catch any of you going at each other like this again. The AUP is quite clear about the topic of respect - and that applies to everyone.

Best answers
Only bad thing about the Goku models are the hair color. They are a bit off color. SSJ1 and 2 need to be somewhat darker, and SSJ3 needs to be lighter. 2 minro things are the symbol on Goku's gi (he never had one after Freiza) and dark skin color, but overall it's pretty nice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/huggle Majin_You

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Both hair styles were rather bright when Goku wasn't being surrounded by an aura or not powering up.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His skin tone also became lighter with each transformation. His normal form was also very light compared to the model.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look, if u dont like it, then use a custom model for 1.3. Personally i think the skintone is fine, maybe cud be a bit lighter, but ingame it really doesnt seem that way, and the reason that it looks so dark is because in those pics the ssj hair is so light, remember tone is usually a comparison, thats why the skintone doesnt look too dark in ssj form.

Bare in mind pheonix, that i think the released ingame shots of the new goku are when he was rigged to the old esf skele, imo the old esf skele makes alot of models look bad ingame because it was customised to fit a.. well, a bad model.

I also want to add that kama and GG get to decide when they're happy with the model, nobody else, in the end, u can crit as much as you want but if they're happy with how it looks you cant make them change it, its their work and its their decision. Having a go at them and harassing them isnt going to help, infact it'll do nothing, when you're a modeler/skinner, you'll understand how frustrating it can get when you're done with something but other people are insisting you change it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy ****...I knew goku looked a hell lot better ingame, but I've only seen the back of the head. Now that I see the frontal view, Ingame, it looks very well done. I remeber there was controversy between goku's eyes, wether it be the early dbz style or late dbz style. Seems like it came out great in the end.

And the new buu looks a lot better, and a hell lot more saturated than the older one, which was needed. It's hard to judge a model in a 2d environment, so they usually look a lot better ingame.

One thing though, I hope the clenched fist will look a little better.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well so far i love the first 3 forms its only ssj3 i have the problem with and thats his hair, but if its super animated like that in the game i think i could deal with it

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CrackerJack said:
I understand there working there ass's off, but Kama didnt need to be an a-whole about it.
He basically told Fire thanks for ure critz but we dont care because I think its perfect.

A lot of us dont have access to the "force pit" and we do have opinions.. I wish that you guys would show the progress, that way it can be fixed as you go along.

I understand how hard it is to model, but I still think you should listen

Now, I do think fire went a lil harsh, but he was right in a lot of points. The goku just does not look like goku, it has a lot of problems.
Thanks for saying it for me, I was afraid I'd get a warning >.>

I only went harsh because of what kama said. Sounded like "you know what I hate dbz I can quit at any time so **** you"

My apologies for being an *******. But my opinion stands clear.

Kama said:
Not really considering I didn't ask anyone to crit these... So you saying that isn't it being, oh jee let me think, ignorant?

These aren't posted on the main page for crits, they are posted to show our progress. If I post it on the forum, crits welcome. Main page? Why would you crit and expect to be taken seriously?

You wanna crit, that's fine. You wanna call it crap? Then when I don't litsen to you don't whine about us not litsening to people. I litsen to almost everyone who gives me crits, just not the the people who are talking out of their ass.

What you're doing is basically telling a chef how digusting his food tastes and expecting him to make you something else. Where the hell do you even begin to get that kind of logic?
You didn't read my entire post did you? -.-

I said asking us to crit (i ment in the force pit) and then not changing them

And I said... Allow me to quote myself:
Fire Phoenix said:
Yeah this is a post made by a non team member, but that doesn't mean we aren't going to crit.
See what I mean?

I know you never asked us to crit, because you didn't make this thread. I was talking about other threads you made. Now, it's possible we misunderstood each other. If you were talking about THIS particular post. Then you are right. Yeah. I think you get the picture. Meh, I'm done. I never expected you to change it. I have my reasons. I won't get into it i guess.

As for the ingame pics. They do look better, I'll give you that. But I still say the skin is too dark, and the hair is still ..... not as good as it could be? I'm trying to be nice about this. The mouth is just... creepy, It does look like fangs. But I'm assuming there isn't much that can be done about that because they are modelled right? And Smith, you didn't have to post ingame, just something that took the pixilation away. (Or you didn't have to post at all)

About the hair, I agree that it's too light, but i also agree that with each transformation it got lighter, but wasn't that only when they had "turbo" on, or in other words when they had the aura around them?

Again, I apologize if this sounds "rude" I know you work hard for these models. And I do appreciate it. The team has and continues to work hard to make a great game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama, I think they look great man! I can't wait to see the animated mouths in action... It will own soo hard. I just think that the ssj1 and ssj2 hair should be a bit different in color. Other than that, rock on!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well that's the last time I post unreleased material :X.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Well that's the last time I post unreleased material :X.
Well.. when people have opinions, there gonna state them. You cant tell me you didnt expect something to be said.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I mean...

And Smith, you didn't have to post ingame, just something that took the pixilation away. (Or you didn't have to post at all)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
? I was just stating that it didn't have to be ingame that's all. A different back ground or a sharper image would have suficed. I didn't mean it to be negative -.- Sorry if that's how you perceived it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom