Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Now let's compare shall we?

normal

ssj goku

ssj2

Now I'm not saying make them true to the show. But look at the normal goku model compared to the pic. Hair needs fixing. SSJ3 hair needs fixing, and the hair colors need to be changed. Let's not forget the skin color.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The goku models look amazing ingame, trust me. These pictures don't do justice.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
The goku models look amazing ingame, trust me. These pictures don't do justice.
Yes, that's why the ingame pics I see, look ****ty as all hell? Or should I post to show it?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would changing the skin tone and the hair really be so hard to do? They really need some fixing. The ssj2 hair looks almost identical to the ssj hair. Goku's ssj2 hair is what made me like ssj2 goku more than any of his other forms o_o. SSJ hair is a mess compared to the pics Phoenix posted.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahahahah ah Fire, you crack me up.

Thanks for all the crits guys, but just as an fyi, none of them will be taken into consideration. Better luck next time!

Oh and the eyes are animated.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So guess we're getting mediocre goku models for 1.3! YAY!

Its great to know we dont really have any say in how the models everyone plays with look.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Hahahahah ah Fire, you crack me up.

Thanks for all the crits guys, but just as an fyi, none of them will be taken into consideration. Better luck next time!

Oh and the eyes are animated.
See zeo, told ya they won't fix it. This is why I'm grateful for the fact that there are modelers out there that make better models.

It's nothing against kama or GG it's the fact that they won't fix things that are wrong with it. Which is pretty much everything, down to the skin color. I may not be a modeler or skinner, or an animator, but i can sure as hell say "that doesn't look right"

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh. If 1.2 models are compatible with 1.3, I'll use Ned's goku.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then do it. This is what i'm sick of. To be honest, I hate DBZ, I would quit right now if I didn't feel like it would be letting down fans and the rest of the team. GG and I work our asses off to get a whole new set of models out there. We ask for crits, mostly from the team, hell even in Force Pit we ask for crits. So we fix them up and do them, just because the model doesn't look like the first picture you happen to google up doesn't mean it's wrong.

Here's a fun fact, the art style changes throughout all of dbz. The model will always have flaws because Goku never looks any one way. You can crit and whine about "Oh that model looks crappy." And find, go ahead. But don't expect me to litsen to your crits.

Make your own models if you're so unsatisfied with these. I'm not going to fix one little thing for one person. Seriously, have some respect and maybe i'll litsen to you. I don't see why most people don't seem to understand that.

/rant

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hell, all I wanted was a skin tone change. I've never seen Goku that goddamn dark.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well all i have to say is that ssj3 goku had one major appearance, the kid buu saga one didnt matter much, in that appearance i dont think his hair was orangeish yellow

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Then do it. This is what i'm sick of. To be honest, I hate DBZ, I would quit right now if I didn't feel like it would be letting down fans and the rest of the team. GG and I work our asses off to get a whole new set of models out there. We ask for crits, mostly from the team, hell even in Force Pit we ask for crits. So we fix them up and do them, just because the model doesn't look like the first picture you happen to google up doesn't mean it's wrong.

Here's a fun fact, the art style changes throughout all of dbz. The model will always have flaws because Goku never looks any one way. You can crit and whine about "Oh that model looks crappy." And find, go ahead. But don't expect me to litsen to your crits.

Make your own models if you're so unsatisfied with these. I'm not going to fix one little thing for one person. Seriously, have some respect and maybe i'll litsen to you. I don't see why most people don't seem to understand that.

/rant
Really kama? wow I never knew that goku changed through out the t.v episode, which is why when I "googled" i looked for the best ref I could find that fit the model type you were trying to make. If you "hate" dbz, don't skin. If you "ask us to crit" then say "we won't change anything" that's being, oh jee let me think, hypocrytical? Yeah this is a post made by a non team member, but that doesn't mean we aren't going to crit. I don't say **** in the force pit because I know if I do everyone will be down my throat in a heart beat. Which is why I wait for it to be posted on the forums. Show some respect? All everyone does in the force pit is kiss your ass! I have nothing against you or GG, you just never listen. You ask for crits but I never see any changes. It looked the same from when you posted it in the force pit. And I don't believe I'm asking for much either. Skin tone needs changing, so does the hair color. Now me telling you guys to fix the hair is a big step. Like I expect you to do it. I don't.

I'm telling you my opinion. If you don't like you well then that's just too bad. My opinion is I don't like the models for reasons stated above. Unfortunately, Me, and a select few, are the only ones "daring" enough to come out and say it. Some people like your style. That's cool. I don't. It looks like goku went to the bahamas on vation for a good month or 2. He was never that tan. Nor was his hair ever that stiff, and vertical. And the ssj hair. I won't even get into it. I made my point.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire, guit being a complete ****head. GG and Kama are working their ass off, and what you're giving them is utter bull****. The least you could do is show some appreciation, instead of wining over something you have not even seen ingame.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We did. And then we criticized the models. They're nice, but the hair and skin tone is horrible. How you cant see this amazes me. As Fire said, it looks like Goku went to the bahamas for a month. The SSJ2 hair on the model isnt SSJ2 hair. It looks almost identical to SSJ hair.

As for no one seeing it in-game, we've seen the in-game pics. My opinion remains unchanged. Maps are nice though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
Fire, guit being a complete ****head. GG and Kama are working their ass off, and what you're giving them is utter bull****. The least you could do is show some appreciation, instead of wining over something you have not even seen ingame.
I have seen them ingame.

::EDIT::

Perhaps someone from the team could show a better picture of them, instead of it being on gray, or whatever is making it so pixilated. It might change my mind. But other then that. Yeah, I don't like them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
I understand there working there ass's off, but Kama didnt need to be an a-whole about it.
He basically told Fire thanks for ure critz but we dont care because I think its perfect.

A lot of us dont have access to the "force pit" and we do have opinions.. I wish that you guys would show the progress, that way it can be fixed as you go along.

I understand how hard it is to model, but I still think you should listen

Now, I do think fire went a lil harsh, but he was right in a lot of points. The goku just does not look like goku, it has a lot of problems.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe. Hows about this. Whos gonna stare at the model when you have a whole new set of things to do? Your not gonna stare at the model when your running away or attacking someone. Only when things are calm or when you have nothing to do you will probably stare down the model.
Everything will have a flaw. Even "professional" games. They dont even have the fan base crit their work, they do it themselves and release it, then we're forced to use what they give us. "especially if its a console game"
Im not choosing sides, just think about it. Are you really going to stare down the model 100% as you play the game? If you want, you can always change your model like everyone has been doing from the beginning of ESF. Doesnt reallly bother the team much what you do to ESF. As long as you enjoy the Gameplay and what we have to offer.
Bring out the Googenheighmer!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why even make models then? We might as well use the red boxes since we're not going to be looking at them in-game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your looking at your model through most of the game, its pretty big. I get what your trying to do darktooth, but its still a huge part. If people didnt care about the models, why would they make new ones to replace the old ones in the first place? And you gota remember for a long time all those models on esf-world are gonna be un-playable because they will have to all be reassigned to the new skeletons with the new bones. So people will be almost forced to use these. People are just trying to give critz.

Or.. like Zeonik said, lets just make stick figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom