News Update

Best answers
Kama and GG you have just created soem damn seksi awesome model s:)

sadly enough i have a crit, just the ssj1 and ssj2 hair look a bit plain and i dont think it will look very pretty ingame, mind adding like a few hair lines etc?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean add spikes or add some skin touches?
Anyways if you go see the larger picture of the goku models you can see both their mouth and eyes look weird. Does that mean they will have animated eyes? (we already know about the mouth)
p.s. I will edit my post so the pictures will link to their larger versions.
EDIT: yeah looking at the buu picture it's obvious they have animated eyes.
:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, Buu looks funny.

Great models!

Best answers
i just love that buu.the goku is looking alright to.keep it up GG and Kama :yes: btw i don't think they have animatble eyes,i could be wrong though.

Best answers
don't thing so (animated eyes), but let's see in the future..

now the models:
i think the models looks bad. The other Buu was kewl! absolutly, but on the screens i think it looks bad. (one reason for that can be the low rendering)
I think the face of goku and his shoulders do not look good. also the pants of Buu looks bad (especially theire, where you can see the legs)
But on the POTW i like the hairs of Goku! Looks great! But also the legs of Goku theire are not my type.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GOKU HAS FANGS! GOKU HAS FRIGIN FANGS!!!!!!! O_O

And Fat Buu looks a little weird....a bit too cartoony.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those look really great. Excellent. The SSJ and SSJ2 hairstyles could do with a bit more shading and definition, but I love the rest of the skins. I also look forward to seeing the animated mouths in action. It should be cool to make movies with the new models and the new FX System. :3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you actually think they modeled Buu with his eyes shut and not being able to open them?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku is OK..
There is a lack of hair, it doesnt have enough spikes. The folds in the clothes dont look right for some reason, and I cant really see the face in these screenshots. The ssj3 hair is way to small horrizontally. I dont know, but im not a big fan of some of these models.

Buu looks pretty good, little too cartoonish.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku's skin looks too dark, and the hair is meh. Fists look tiny as well.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looking too cartoonish? DBZ is cartoon...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The models everyone is currently using are more realistic than the new ones. Obviously, some people prefer a more realistic approach rather than a cartoony model.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
The models everyone is currently using are more realistic than the new ones. Obviously, some people prefer a more realistic approach rather than a cartoony model.
Unless they are the cel shaded kind, those are the best models. But you can't do it on HL.

Yeah, it's ok though, because modelers/skinners/animators that aren't on the esf team will make better models. Pretty much all of my models now are customs.
Reason being? they don't stick to a 1500 poly limit. So they look better. The models look horrible. I'm going to stick to that. The goku needs to be reskinned. The hair needs to be fixed. The ssj goku''s hair is too light. and the ssj doesn't have enough hair. The buu looks terrible. The buu I have now is better and it's not a custom.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix, the team probably aims for a lower polycount to make the game run better for people with low-end computers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree with fire, the models do not look too great.

Sorry esf :-/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're all crazy. The models are great. :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom