News Update

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I agree with Fire, the skin colour is too dark.
The normal hair is ok not perfect but you guys are being too picky
The ssj1 hair is fine
The ssj2 hair is the wrong colour it's a little darker yellow kinda like you're first models of goku in ssj1
The ssj3 the hair is too dark orangish. Should be a little more yellow.

Also his shirt that he wear's under his orange suit is blue. I dont know what colour that is

>_< just my opinion

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing that bothers me with the Goku model is the patches, and skin tone. The patches should be removed and the skin tone should be lightened. Note that this is nothing more than my personal opinion so I apologize if it seems more like a command.

On the lines of perfection and flaws; many companies have created products with flaws even though the fact remains that perfection is impossible, mathematically and scientifically. People are just stating what they are used to seeing from the show Dragon Ball Z and they are trying to state what a good majority of people would rather see; a mod that closely resembles the show and characters regardless of drawing flaws.

So what if Kama does not like his job? You might want to be CEO of AT&T when you graduate High School though you are most likely going to work at a low-end job making minimum wage, while working along side people you can not stand. Or you might end up working front end at a grocery store when in reality you do not like people and rather do stocking. You do those jobs anyway, whether you like them or not.

On another note when I stated "graduate from High School" I was merely adding to the example rather than being offensive.

The thing about companies is that how can they sell a product without a fan base? How can they sell a successful product without listening to feedback from the community? Companies that do not listen to anyone are doomed to fail. Without a community, there is no game, there are no sales, and there are no profits. Dragon Ball Z would not exist without a fan base. Everything in the show Dragon Ball Z was influenced by the fan community, believe it or not.

Kama, even though you do not like Dragon Ball Z, how could you let your dislike for something affect the quality of your work and the heights of your skill? Look at school; nobody liked doing homework or class work. Though, usually when you do not like something, your perspective towards it is "who cares how I do it" just for the fact you do not like it. Like I said, look at school, nobody liked doing work, so would you turn in a paper with 1+1=4? Or would you try your best even though you do not like it? Most of my teachers do not care if you do poorly on a paper, only as long as you did it, and you did it to the best of your abilities which will leave you feeling better than a teacher saying you are a failure. Not only does it make you feel better, it also leaves room for improvement.

The models though are good, way better than I could create. Once again, like everything they have flaws which should keep you motivated rather than disgruntled. A skin change seems to be the majority in this thread, which are the skin color and the hair color. If you do not wish to change them, then that is fine, no need to force anyone to do anything.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok I think Im the only one saying this when I say, posting this on the public forums was the worst idea. Too many people *****ing and moaning about this and that. Frankly I could careless. The models are good but not perfect. They work for what they are to be intended for. If these models were used for CG animation for Pixar I would said better luck next time GG and Kama but its not so i don't. Kama and GG worked their asses off to produce this stuff and Im thankful for that but I don't side with them. They were kinda harsh when they said they didn't listen to crits even though they ask for them in the force pit. But then I don't side with the public either cause not enough of them are mature nor can respect the work that GG and Kama created. I leave the agruement at this, be happy you have something to play with. Now, no more of this topic of Majin will eat you.

Ok back to the topic that we are suppose to talk about.
I like the models just the only thing that bugs me is the skin tone. It looks good in the ingame pic but horrible in the other pic.

Why is that? Kama or GG could you explain why it changes?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, it was already stated that posts such as the previous, should no be posted. Majin_You made that clear. Thought I'd reiterate it.

As for the crappy gray bg pic. I think it's just quality. The ingame pics are much better quality. Making the pic look better. Much better.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hahahahaha KidBoy17 you're funny. We were all giving our opinions on the hair and the skin colour. Then you went and sucked up to Kama and GG and told everyone to be happy with what they have produced. Then you go and say
Ok back to the topic that we are suppose to talk about.
I like the models just the only thing that bugs me is the skin tone. It looks good in the ingame pic but horrible in the other pic.
So you agree with us the the skin colour is wrong...... but you don't want us to ***** about it.

Hahaha nice 1 >_<

Oh another thing I found funny. That pic of goku recharging..... does it look like he is getting a huge pole stuck up his ass and he's crying out..... "OOOOWWWW"

Haha just my opinion

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smeg said:
Hahahahaha KidBoy17 you're funny. We were all giving our opinions on the hair and the skin colour. Then you went and sucked up to Kama and GG and told everyone to be happy with what they have produced. Then you go and say

So you agree with us the the skin colour is wrong...... but you don't want us to ***** about it.

Hahaha nice 1 >_<
No no no Im not taking anyones side's in the agruement. But in a way im takin both. I mean we should be happy that we have models to play with but also Kama and GG shouldn't be so harsh. I understand where they are coming from, I mean it hurts when you get alot of people syaing your models are crap and all.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you take a look at a lot of pics or eps from the series, you notice ssj2 and ssj are only the darker sought of colours when there is a lot of lighting around that area or when they have the aura around them (a good example of this is namek, when the planet was exploding you saw a lot of the time that goku's hair was dark simply because of what was going on with the planet even though sometimes he didn't have his aura going).

Looks nice btw :yes:.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
No no no Im not taking anyones side's in the agruement. But in a way im takin both. I mean we should be happy that we have models to play with but also Kama and GG shouldn't be so harsh. I understand where they are coming from, I mean it hurts when you get alot of people syaing your models are crap and all.

Nobody said the model's were crap. I think the model's are great. Just the skin and hair colour's are a little off. Well one person said something about the hair being wrong, but it depend's which picture you look at >_<

KidBoy17 said:
No no no Im not taking anyones side's in the agruement.But in a way im takin both.
Hahahaa I told you, you were funny ^__^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like them as they are, most things said were just minor things. My personal fav out of those is normal goku

DarktoothDKD said:
Bring out the Googenheighmer!
Siged!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Smeg said:
Oh another thing I found funny. That pic of goku recharging..... does it look like he is getting a huge pole stuck up his ass and he's crying out..... "OOOOWWWW"

Haha just my opinion
Anybody thinking the same thing yet?

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those models are better then any goku model i've seen these days, you guys should wait and see how they are animated,

I think this hair is perfect, it looks good from the side and front, usually the hair only looked good at front/back.

Good job! :D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So that pic of Goku "crouching, squating" is that his new idle animation?
Instead of him just standing there looking around does he now start stretching?
If it is and I am right. well Woot :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well by looking at the first pics i was kinda dissapointeed by the goku . i love the buu though
but then again looking at the ingame pics smith posted i was really amazed . he really looks great ingame .
so i guess its a piece of art again xD
but i still wonder whats wrong with his eyes o_O

sorry if it was explained and i was stupid enough to miss it

still GJ GG&Kama

Best answers
The models are looking gr8 guyz. Both the Buu and Gokus. The only crit I have is on the SSJ2 hair. I rate y'all should add a spike in the gap between the 2 spikes @ the top. Otherwise the models are looking awesome!!! Keep it up.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
Well, first of all id like to state that kama speaks for himself, not me.

That out of the way, Those models are probably the best goku models I have done in a real long time, Props to skiwan for all the killer refs. I know alot of other modelers like to add more detail to the models, thus getting them to look better, but when your workin on a 1500 poly budget, you dont really get that luxury -(Id love to detail them to no end, but I cant.) As for how I make them, I used so many refs it made me sick, You cant possibly get it to look like any one ref image, any modeler knows that. I had to take many areas into consideration on how to make it as well as look at my budget. I also like to keep the animator in mind (DT) when making them. Really this model is made for DT in essence, It just has to look like the character- which it does. As for the ssj2 hair, in essence it was the same, just straighter, I redid the front half of the hair for him too in that form just to get it to looks somewhat right. SSJ2 has a very limited number of refs, all of which look very different from one another.

Skinwise, Kama was shooting for a cartoony-like skin. He has his own style, quite frankly it works well with my models.

Kidboy, Renders from the program and ingame look different all do to lighting. Ingame usually dulls the skin quality.

Anyways, as stated before, if you dont like them, replace em with somethin you do, but bear in mind, these models will be the only ones that will look correct with DT's creative animations that were made specifically for these models and Damn, they are fun animations, especially the wall jumps. Im sure once 1.3 is released alot of you will change your minds when you see them in action, but then again, thats just wishful thinking.

Best answers
Looks really good GG and Kama, hope it will look cool in action.Can't wait to see it in 1.3.

Good Work Team :yes: :)

Best answers
I don't really care for minuite(is that right?) details. so thumbs up from me :yes: :) :yes: (he has two left hands :O)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom