Newish version of BFP Out

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So apparently there's a new standalone version of EBFP released. They say it has 130 characters and over 55 maps. I'm downloading it right now, I'm really curious how it is and how it compares to ESF

http://bfpfinal.quakeunity.com/index.php?news is the website.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny, because I had actually linked one of their videos to a few people yesterday. I'm about to download this.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just got Drew and I think Ren to download it. We should all try to get together in one server (If there even are servers up)

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm really curious how it is and how it compares to ESF
From the looks of things (from pics and videos) ESF plays and looks a ****-ton better. The player models for BFP still look the same as they did before and they still have their crappy animations lol. Not to mention their sprites...it could use some work.

They may have quantity with the amount of maps and characters, but ESF has quality.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So there are no servers for it. As far as I can tell, it's regular old BFP with more characters and maps, but I could be wrong, I didn't play much BFP.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahh yes BFP... I played this game so much long ago.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Megh, The game sucks really. I've played it years ago and it really grows bored very fast. Heck, even beams move with your body, it's just so "not" dbzlike.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remembered beams jumping back and forward when you shoot them and moved round. I was like WTF O.O

Then again 130 characters. Does that mean 130 different chars or 10 versions of each character?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
To be honest to this day I can't come to understand what people saw and still seeing in BFP. Maybe because it was one of first DBZ mods, I don't know...

I remember how few years ago when finally I got my connection to Internet, I searched DBZ games and come across to BFP... I was excited at beginning, but after running it I was dissapointed. Most models was crap (I knew it even when I didn't know difference between bad and good ones yet), gameplay was meh... I mean it was too fast, required almost no skill or strategy (maybe this is reason why it's such popular). I prefer classic shooters over it... I played few times and deleted it. No I didn't hate it, it just that game have nothing which would be keep playing and this is worse thing for multiplayer. It's becoming boring very quickly especially for people who searching advanced game, not just big beams anf flashy FX which can make you blind.

ESF is ten times better. I know this mod since 2003 and i'm still here to follow progress. That means something isn't it ?

Last edited:
Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the thing that ruind ebfp is the af and naruto crap they added

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BFP = Quake 3

Though i think its standalone.

ESF is for HL1

And if you mean whats a different game doing in the ESF discussion part of the forum. I have no bloddy idea o_O

Should be moved to games ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom