Newell: "delaying the game to 2005"

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
"We've already spent millions into this project, and we're willing to spend as much as we need to make this the best first person experience ever. If that means delaying the game to 2005, we'll do it without any hesitation. If it means sinking another $20 million into the project, we can do it. Rest assured, if we delay the game, it'll be only to blow your socks off even more when it finally releases." -Gabe Newell

NO NO RELEASE IT ALLREADY! What do you all think about this?

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd tell them to take their time. Get the bugs out, add all the things you want in, and "blow my socks off" when you release it. One of the things I can't stand is people going nuts on developers and forming mobs trying to get them to release whatever they're making.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i dun care about that game. it was suppose to be released last year in nov. or something. stupid game *steps on valve building.* i got my min set on halo 2 anywayz.

Best answers
the longer they take the better it shall be... thats why i dont feel so Anxious and jumpy (of course im lying but im not EXTREME ABOUT IT) for the release of 1.2 the longer they take the more they put into it and that means a better job well done... remember 1.1?? everyone *****ed and moaned and groaned for them to release it and what happened?? not too many liked it... Me personally prefer 1.0... it was not as laggy... but thats anotehr story... just keep ur pants on theres other things in life going on... focus on those and the rest will come quicker i promise u that much...

Best answers
i Agree. More time = "blows my wang"....erm my socks...i...i meant my socks. Anyway, plus im a huge Star Wars fan...(screw you guys)...so that means Episode 3 comes out in 2005 which is cool. So i get double fun! yay! :laff:

Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Anybody ever heard of a little thing called 'Duke Nukem Forever'?

End of story.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
They've lost some of their fanbase due to Steam, and they might be pushing it back farther. What else can go wrong during the development of the sequel to the "greatest game ever"? (I wonder if Gabe Newell even knows when the game is coming out o_O)

I've lost all interest in Half Life 2 because I'm sick of hearing about it.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
o c'mon ... this delay was soooo obvious after that code leak... dont say you havent expected this.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
They are probably recoding sections to make it difficult for the ass who stole it to completely hack it.

Best answers
Everybody... When something like this happens... You should be happy, not sad. Most of the time, the longer it takes the better it is. It is not only time but money they are investing in this thing, and ALREADY does it look super sweet. In the end, it will be alllllllllllll good.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Recodeing a game like that probally takes 1/2 of the time to about 3/4 of the time it took to create the game.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I guess im the only one who wants it released allready, reason is, I wont have as much time to play computergames after 2005 due to senior year of school (parents will kick me out of house) and getting a job will take up my current free time. Im sure whatever they release now will blow my socks off allready.

Best answers
If you followed some links from the original site that posted that message, it was only hypothetical.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
necro0 said:
If you followed some links from the original site that posted that message, it was only hypothetical.

yeah, they said maby, and if. BUT what is the origional site? I read it on planet half-life.

(btw, 120 secs flood control really is too long... especially since it restarts everytime you jump the gun)

Best answers
HL2 will rock no matter what....anyone who questions that is insane. Good games always get pushed back at least a little bit.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
they should use another $20 million and get more staff, and get rid of the useless ones, that'll help

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Valve is just irresponsible and slow. If they'd safeguarded their material they wouldn't have had the theft, and now it feels like they're just making excuses. They fell behind technologically and now they're trying to play catch-up, and we have no clue how long it will take them to release. The only reason it bothers me is because people have been counting on Half Life 2 for mods or for mod ports or for w/e for over a year now and I think it's ridiculous that they have to make it another Doom 3 / Duke Nukem Forever. How long does it take? I mean, jeeze, it might blow my socks off when they get around to releasing it next year, or 2006, but I don't care now, and people are going to start giving up on it. The Half Life community is big enough to keep it alive however long it takes but if they do end up dragging it out another, say, two years or so, who knows how many people will have moved on to other engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom