NEW ZELDA!!!!!!!!!!!! The Skyward Sword

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At E3, Nintendo announced the return of The Legend of Zelda for the Wii with The Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword

Link Returns to Wii with The Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto demonstrated the game, showing a control scheme using the Wiimote and Nunchuk as Link's sword and shield.

The game takes advantage of Nintendo's Wii MotionPlus Wii Remote add-on. Players use the A and B buttons on the Wii Remote, and the C and Z buttons on the Nunchuk. Realistic motion control action take care of the rest. So, for example, target enemies with Z, and swing at any angle to slice and dice.

Link Returns to Wii with The Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword When players hold Link's sword up to the sky, players can charge it up with solar energy and then throw sun beams at enemies — hence, the game title of Skyward Sword.

In the game's HUD, the Wii Remote appears, telling players how to use items, check the map and swing the sword. To use the slingshot, players aim the Wii Remote and tap the A button to shoot.

Link Returns to Wii with The Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword The game appears more realistic and in that way in the same vein as previously Wii Zelda title Twilight Princess; however, the game is lighter and more vibrant.

To use the in-game bombs, tap the B button and raise the Wii Remote to throw.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is slated for a 2011 release.
AWWWWWW ****! It looked pretty ****ing pro at the E3 presentation (despite the motion **** ups), can't wait to buy it.

---------- Double Post below was added at - 10:07 AM has been merged with this post created - 09:34 AM at ----------

Trailer 1: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-zelda-skyward/101468

There's a longer trailer, waiting for it to be uploaded.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Link rly fails while unshething the sword he cut thru sheath :/

long sword is too long to wear on the back... you have to lean forward to unsheathe it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3DS = Getting SFIV.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
New Zelda will be awesome, unconfirmed release early 2011.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Now that looks like a real adventure, reminds me of the good times with Ocarina of Time... this new one looks like it will be a new classic game!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a) I want my wii back :<
b) I need to finish Twilight Princess
c) ???
d) Profit

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am dissapointed :<

After the fairly dark storyline of Twilight Princess I really wanted Zelda to get more dark and gritty, more realistic style. I was quite excited about the new game after they said there'd be a major surprise. I was thinking maybe a steampunk style change, a few main characters changed, or pretty much anything that changes the general format of the Zelda games.. But they've gone the complete opposite direction, back to basics, made a really cartoony, simple, even childish little game that's so rigmaroll, usual old Zelda it actually feels more like the SNES games than the newer Wii games. The only surprise seems to be the different visual style, more like Wind Waker. Seems to me if Twilight Princess was the sequel designed for people that grew up on Ocarina of Time, this is the sequel for people that grew up on Wind Waker.

It is early to judge it so I'll give it time before I totally condemn it, but it doesn't look good so far.
I feel the exact opposite. I'm relieved that it is neither "dark" nor "gritty", as the gaming world is overpopulated by titles towing that motif. Frankly, I'm rather sick of it, as it makes an otherwise unique game feel very same-ish.

As for childish and simple... well, I will reserve judgment until I can actually see more of the game in action or, at least, try it for myself. I, for one, found Twilight Princess to be very simplistic, despite the change in atmosphere. It still played, more or less, exactly like the three major installments that preceded it.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's definitely somewhere between OoT and WW in style, which isn't bad. TP's style was nice, the mood reminded me of MM but cartoony should be fun. Unless they've got the voice actors from the 80's cartoon in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I feel people are overreacting a bit, that's all. I'm interested in seeing more, not much else matters. Yeah it looks good, but I would rather play it for before throwing parties and getting all excited, it isn't worth it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zelda isn't about being realistic, it's a fairytale with swords and fairies and princesses. I liked OoT, I liked WW and I liked TP (and pretty much every other Zelda game ever.) and not because of the art style or graphics or anything like that, but because I find Zelda games genuinely fun and SS looks like it'll be pretty much the same.

Kudos to Nintendo for sticking to their guns and making sure they get the basics right instead of giving into popular demand to make a "realistic" Zelda.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
It doesn't look childish at all to me just because is cel-shaded, in fact, i found it less childish than TP when i saw that green blood coming out of the plant link killed, there was never that kind of effects in zelda >_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ganon in OoT had red blood coming out of him which got censored to green blood in the remake.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am dissapointed :<

But they've gone the complete opposite direction, back to basics, made a really cartoony, simple, even childish little game that's so rigmaroll, usual old Zelda it actually feels more like the SNES games than the newer Wii games.

Because a tribute to 19th century impressionist painting, monet and cezanne is simple, cartoony and even childish.

The only surprise seems to be the different visual style, more like Wind Waker. Seems to me if Twilight Princess was the sequel designed for people that grew up on Ocarina of Time, this is the sequel for people that grew up on Wind Waker.

You clearly have no knowledge of the true nature of the Zelda time/space/universe.
answerinquote

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel people are overreacting a bit, that's all. I'm interested in seeing more, not much else matters. Yeah it looks good, but I would rather play it for before throwing parties and getting all excited, it isn't worth it.
I dunno. I, for one, think Zelda is one of the greatest games I've ever played. But that's just me. So yeah, of course I'm going to be excited as **** for the next game.

Also, you guys are ****ing crazy, I love the new style. It reminds me of the style from the Link to the Past, Oracle, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess games, all mixed together. The shading is even more amazing, they did it perfectly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom