New universe?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How was the universe really created?I really hope someone picks up this reference.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No one knows. All we have are theories. Something went bang and the universe was formed, God said "POOF!" and the universe was created, reality is a computer program gone array, and something to do with strings are but a few of many many theories.

Personally, I don't think we'll ever know.

Best answers
God..... Gundam. His ubah 1337 modelling skillz are the 4lP|-|A and the 0|\/|E6A.

Non spammage: I figure the big bang.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd go with the Big Bang theory.

Please note that while you may post saying you believe "God created the universe" you may NOT post any sort of religious debate. If you feel that way fine, if you don't feel that way fine. Feel free to discuss it without dipping into religion if you can. If you can't, don't. Do not test this rule.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My theory is that we are part of a uber game, like the Sims. A person modelled the universe, us and probably everything. So, that is why we get those feelings, such as: 'I want to lick the refridgerator'. Or something.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or the feeling that something just isn't right. Or the feeling that there is something we should be doing other than working for our entire lives.

I'm not going with the Big Bang because it sounds too ridiculous. We know very little about our solar system and even less about our universe so, to me, saying that something went boom and thus the universe was created sounds weird.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I figure it was something that physics could explain but we simple dont know enough about our universe yet, rather than it being created by an all powerful, infallible god. It just makes more sense to me to say, "Yup, I have no idea how that happened," rather than, "I have no idea how that happened, so it must be a higher power." Just seems more realistic.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the reason on how the universe was "formed" is beyond human comprehension/rationality.

Best answers
I concure.

when it comes right down to it supposedly everything is created from something else.

so... what started it all ? well some kind of spontaneous generation id asume, that in itself is completly unexplicable. so. either way, somehow some particles and dust and other various crap found in the universe were just kind of randomly created out of nothing somehow, and things went from there.

Up to you to decide what to believe in.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going with a mix of the big bang and God. To me the Bible is symbolic. 7 days could stand for 700 million years or something like that.

Best answers
Perhaps the universe was just here with nothing in it and that whenever a star would go BOOOM!!! planets would form. Who knows?

Best answers
yeah but nothing was always here, According to todays knowlege, its not Possible for something to just spontaneously exist.

all the planets / suns / random crap floating around in the universe came from something else. so... in the very beginnning .. when space was just this completly empty infinate amount of nothingness, somehow some particles n stuff got there from nothing. starting the cycles that make up our universe. -shrug-

doesnt really make any sense imo, cause even if god started it .. what created god ? lol and i don't buy the idea that god just always has and always will exist.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd tell you... but then you'd abuse the knowledge.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Or the feeling that something just isn't right. Or the feeling that there is something we should be doing other than working for our entire lives.

I'm not going with the Big Bang because it sounds too ridiculous. We know very little about our solar system and even less about our universe so, to me, saying that something went boom and thus the universe was created sounds weird.
There's a lot of evidence supporting the big bang. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave_background_radiation

Also, the fact that the vast majority (in fact, everything except the members of the Local Group/Virgo Supercluster, our supercluster of galaxies) is redshifted--meaning the light has become 'bent' as it reached us, meaning the source of the light has been constantly traveling away from us. And the farther out you look (mostly by fixing a telescope in a spot of space you think is 'black' and leaving it on long-exposure, you can reveal much more distant, faint things) things become much more red-shifted. You can tell how far away something is (or more literally, was when the light you've received was sent), and the farthest object away detected to this date was about 13.7 billion light-years away, plus or minus anywhere from two hundred million to one billion years, which is how old we think the Universe is--13.5-15 billion years old.

The fact that everything is moving away from each other, (the Universe is expanding) is strong evidence for the Big Bang. If everything is expanding rapidly.. go back in time, and it reverses--everything contracts. Where does it end up? A single point--which was the origin of the bing bang, the singularity.

There are other theories, or additions to the Big Bang Theory--the second most 'well publicized' theory is the Big Bang/Big Crunch theory, the idea that there is enough mass in the Universe to gravitationally stop the expansion of the universe, reverse it, and contract back into the singularity the big bang occured from, and thus repeat in a neverending cycle.

There are more theories, such as the bubble universe theory which postulates that our universe was a 'bubble' or 'bud' that grew off another universe and in turn will spawn more. (A good deal more complicated than how I'm explaining it, but how much do you really care?)

The "big bang" theory makes the most sense. But please note that it doesn't imply one way or another whether a higher power had anything to do with making it. Science can only give us some of the answers at this point. Who created the infinitely dense point--the singularity? Nobody knows. Maybe "God" created it, and from that spawned forth the entire universe. I don't know about the other religions, but Judeo-Christian creationism isn't incompatible with modern scientific creation theories if you don't take the first testament literally.

Best answers
Well I rule out the big bang (that sounds soooo cool, Big Bang, Big Bang, sweet name) because the big bang is a large expansion of the universe. There had to be a universe before that in order for it to expand, so it could'nt have been the big bang. Now I cant rule out god because, well, Its god and thats all i can say, due to the "law" that Pain issued. And we dont want another Lust thread do we?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who created the universe? it was all made theoredically by this man...

The Big Bang theory FTW!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
Who created the universe? it was all made theoredically by this man...

The Big Bang theory FTW!
I was totally about to do that...

Anyways, I think its the sims, i've pondered about that. Like when you die, you go to heaven and play a born baby. Train him and level him up, every birthday is a level. But instead of increasing health, you lose health. It's good to have a nearby priest to heal you though.

+1 reading

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.andrewsmcmeel.com/godsdebris/ (yes it's free to download, yes it's legal)

This book will really make you think... and to be honest, makes much more sense than any one religion does to me.

"Your skin cells are not aware that they are part of a human being. Skins cells are not equipped for that knowledge. They are equipped to do what they do and nothing more. Likewise, if we humans - and all the plants and animals and dirt and rocks - were components of God, would we have the capacity to know it?"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
http://www.andrewsmcmeel.com/godsdebris/ (yes it's free to download, yes it's legal)

This book will really make you think... and to be honest, makes much more sense than any one religion does to me.

"Your skin cells are not aware that they are part of a human being. Skins cells are not equipped for that knowledge. They are equipped to do what they do and nothing more. Likewise, if we humans - and all the plants and animals and dirt and rocks - were components of God, would we have the capacity to know it?"
We unlike skin cells have brains capable of intelligent life. We can create things that of which skin cells can't. You don't see skin cells building space ships trying to venture outside of the "human body"

Bad analogy must mean it's a bad book, I won't be downloading it.

As for how the world was created? Flying Spagetti monster of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom