New To World of Warcraft

Best answers
hi, i'm currently installing world of warcraft :p and i was wondering if the game was good or not? and what race should my first character be? :O i'm still a newbie it'd be cool if some of you guys could tell me a bit about it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is the game good?

One of the best games ever, imo (though i am only on my first character, but i haven't enjoyed a game so much in a long time)

Best answers
Ive hit 60 with an orc hunter, i think horde is the side to play all the retards join alliance

anyway, Hunter is a nice class easy to level and grind, warriors tank (mainly defence) priest are always wanted, sadly take 2- 3 time longer to level them then anyother class

race wise pick one that has abiltys close to the class you want, trolls are great rogues/hunters because they get a bow and thrown bonus, orcs get an axe and pet damage bonus so there good hunter/locks

I like Hunters, Locks, Warrior and Shamans, but to each his own just roll a few characters and play around

Best answers
argh, i knew a problem would come up :( well i installed it, created an account and went through that update, but now i have a problem... this blizzard downloader thing comes up i think that's normal but... it doesn't start downloading it is downloading mega slow is it because i'm behind a firewall? just a lil help would be great thanks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe. but blizzard downloader is mega slow anyways.

not to mention they have went through so many patches bro, they are on version 2.01

Best answers
:O well anyway it says i've downloaded 1mb of 465 and that's taken like 10 minutes :S and it keep ssaying i'm behind a firewall, and i turned it off.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive hit 60 with an orc hunter, i think horde is the side to play all the retards join alliance
Well if that isn't a glaring over-generalisation I don't know what is. I've rolled toons from both factions, on multiple realms, and I've run into my fair share of idiots on both sides.

Best answers
well how many hours would it take for it to download? and it keeps saying i'm behind a firewall and i've turned it off and the same message came up again, what do i have to do for that?

Best answers
are you behind a router as well? If so you'll need to forward the ports for it to get fully connected to blizzards bit-torrent tracker. If you are behind a router, ask who ever set it up to forward the needed ports. also, check www.worldofwarcraft.com for more support info.

Best answers
Is the monthly payment considerd a big payment?
Cause i don't know what it is. LOL!

Best answers
Well if that isn't a glaring over-generalisation I don't know what is. I've rolled toons from both factions, on multiple realms, and I've run into my fair share of idiots on both sides.

LOL i dont mean there arnt any good players on allaince, there just a bigger ratio of idiots on that side because they all go "omg lets play allaiance there soooo cool"

still some anoying people on horde, but i find that on the hode people are alot more willing to lend a hand

and if your having problems getting the WoW patch, download them manualy from here

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/worldofwarcraft/downloads/

Best answers
well it's downloading slowly 17.5 mb of 465 mb :S i don't know how to foward my ports :\ so yeh i'm gonna have to wait like a day :(

Best answers
get the wow-1.12.0-enus-patch.exe patch to update your wow to version 1.12 then get the wow-1.12.x-to-2.0.1-enus-patch.zip and extract and run that to update it to the latest version, now it should run..

unless you have the Europien version then you need wow-1.12.0-engb-patch.exe and wow-1.12.x-to-2.0.1-engb-patch.zip

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I started playing a while ago right now I have a level 15 undead rogue on daggerspine. I have a level 7 human warlock on scarlett just seeing if I want to continue down the melee path or if I want to take the magic path.

Best answers
well it takes ages to download the patch :\ and the website you told me to go hawki ice isn't loading. i'll just have to wait and do it the normal way :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom