New teleport concept

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well at first I would like to say that i didn't thought it through well, so any critics are accepted.

The teleport system in ESF isn't DBZ-style
In the show we can see that they can teleport whenever they want and at various distances
On the contrary, in ESF you can only teleport at a specific distance and at a specific direction.
So I'm proposing this...
When you press the teleport button you will go to a dematerialized state, you will move very fast but still should be a limit of distance.
you can stay in that state a lot of time, but if you do that the KI and the stamina would drain instantly
And I think it is reasonable to put a cooldown for this ability to prevent spamming
So here it is ;)
Thanks for the attention and feel free to do more suggestions on the base of this one.

--------
Added:
I think the cooldown system should be like this:
First use of teleport would trigger it
The next one will trigger a small CD of 0.5 or 1.5 seconds
And then it should get higher and higher

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Teleport is just really fast movement, and if they would add the system you suggested, it would actually slow down the gameplay. It might make it look more like DBZ, but ESF's gameplay is so fast...it just wouldn't really work like you are suggesting. Teleport is fine as it is.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
In esf 1.2.3 u can teleport at any direction in 3d axis and with one move u can extend teleportation distance.
(so maybe u should learn gameplay a bit)
IMHO Teleporting via very fast movement will be even harder to learn and control than normal way
but i don't know what is fast for u ... it may as well slow down gameplay just as sircon says

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I know about the direction
But with this type of system , for example it's possible to teleport a bit forward and right
And I'm not talking that the current system has a low distance
Sometimes you need to teleport not that far

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Move in a diagonal direction.
In ESF 1.2 you teleport in the direction you last moved or are currently moving in.

Besides we call it teleport but the correct DBZ style technique would be Zanzoken. Its not a teleport its just moving really fast.

Besides doing it your way would kinda slow down the move since youd need to have it controlable. ATM teleport is less than half a second where in your case it would be round 2 or 3 seconds to do theexact same thing

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah, I know that it's actually not teleport :)
But for some reason I'm used to call it that

ONTOPIC
Yeah, I have to admit that you have made your point

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom